Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Babe Magnet posted:

What do you want people to do, fly to japan and picket their office? email their representative??? making a psn account, again only an option for people who actually can, is super easy but you can’t get over the terrible hurdle of Not Reading A Steam Review?

Youtube man told me to be angry, angry at things. Things are slapping my face!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Retro42 posted:

Maybe I'm just an old gamer now, but do people really not have throwaway accounts for almost every major service at this point? Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo/EA/Ubi/Epic/etc. It's not exactly uncommon for games to want you to login to some service or another.

Fake-edit: I get that it's a bigger and less solvable issue in some regions. Not gonna downplay how much that sucks.
Microsoft, yes. Nintendo yes but that's for Nintendo games on my Nintendo console and I wouldn't call that throwaway. All these others, no, I avoid making more accounts and signing up for apps and poo poo whenever I can help it.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Every decision Sony makes lately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNatmCHkI-Q

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

RIP HELLDIVERS 2 I GUESS

edit: Who am I kidding. I'll be siging up for whatever they want because I need to spread that Democracy.

double edit: Cool, turns out I already have a PSN account from when I rocked a Playstation to play stuff like Horizon Zero Dawn and RDR2 years back. EZPZ.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 18:26 on May 3, 2024

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Yeah I'm not not-mad but this game owns and I'm in a country that has PSN so of course I'm going to make and link an account and keep playing

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Reiley posted:

I think the weird optics is that, the game has been mostly functional playing with obvious hot-mic console players for months so this other account isn't mandatory to play, what is it for if it doesn't make the game work?

Sony can report slightly higher MAUs for its PlayStation services in earnings releases.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

oh no the dastardly sony corporation has obtained my account information consisting of the name "poops mcgoots", username "dookie", password "pantsSh1tt3r"

please dont post my account information like that, ty

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009
Wow they really did it this time. I thought them lowering the overall ammo of the Plasma Punisher or failing to rework the Exploding Crossbow on their first pass or fixing a bug that unintentionally limited the number of bug patrol spawns when playing solo was the nail in the coffin, but I never expected them to commit the truly heinous act of following through with their clearly stated intention of requiring a PSN account. Well guys, it's been fun. See y'all next week when the Concussive SMG is as undesirable as the Concussive Liberator, and one of the new armors has Servo-Assisted instead of Scout despite the implication of the flavor text. Really disappointed in the direction the Devs seem to be taking this. What fools they must be.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

oh yeah absolutely

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Baby T. Love posted:

Wow they really did it this time. I thought them lowering the overall ammo of the Plasma Punisher or failing to rework the Exploding Crossbow on their first pass or fixing a bug that unintentionally limited the number of bug patrol spawns when playing solo was the nail in the coffin, but I never expected them to commit the truly heinous act of following through with their clearly stated intention of requiring a PSN account. Well guys, it's been fun. See y'all next week when the Concussive SMG is as undesirable as the Concussive Liberator, and one of the new armors has Servo-Assisted instead of Scout despite the implication of the flavor text. Really disappointed in the direction the Devs seem to be taking this. What fools they must be.

Source your quotes, citizen.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

What do you want people to do, fly to japan and picket their office? email their representative??? making a psn account, again only an option for people who actually can, is super easy but you can’t get over the terrible hurdle of Not Reading A Steam Review?

They could simply act like normal human beings and voice reasonable concerns about access to the game in certain regions without freaking the gently caress out about the game being 'stolen' from them or getting hysterical about Sony/Arrowhead 'lying' to them or claiming this a bait and switch or something ridiculous or act like making a PSN account is a herculean task

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Baby T. Love posted:

this is when the kids would say go outside

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

you guys missing some obvious sarcasm or what

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

johnny park posted:

They could simply act like normal human beings and voice reasonable concerns about access to the game in certain regions without freaking the gently caress out about the game being 'stolen' from them or getting hysterical about Sony/Arrowhead 'lying' to them or claiming this a bait and switch or something ridiculous or act like making a PSN account is a herculean task

Let me just head over and see what kind of calm and rational discussion they are having about this on Redd-.

Oh.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Baby T. Love posted:

oh it goes without saying

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

I think I've got a great template for every single Helldivers 2 news article title from now until the heat death of the universe - let me know your thoughts!

Helldivers 2 Players Are Mad About [insert recent event here]

A prompt so simple ChatGPT can churn out endless content on it!

(For real, it does absolutely suck for people who bought the game in countries that lack PSN - those people will get screwed on the 30th unless they work out a solution for them, which they should.)

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

johnny park posted:

oh yeah I’m sure politely reasoning with the billion dollar corporation will work this time. Wouldn’t want to hurt their feelings lmao

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Jerkface posted:

you guys missing some obvious sarcasm or what

No, we're mocking the OPs sarcastic tone.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Reiley posted:

I think the weird optics is that, the game has been mostly functional playing with obvious hot-mic console players for months so this other account isn't mandatory to play, what is it for if it doesn't make the game work?

Money. In some way, shape, or form, this and every decision <corporation name> makes is 100% about making more money. The more they claim the reason is anything else, such as security or customer experience, the more you can guarantee it is really about money.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

granted I don’t think the crying and gnashing of teeth is gonna work either, but of rhe two stupid options I think it has the bigger chance

Griz
May 21, 2001

tried 3 browsers, 2 endlessly time out at the end and firefox won't even load the first page

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

If on the 30th it does turn out that people in non-PSN regions who own Helldivers straight up lose access to the game without lying about their location for a PSN account, Sony absolutely deserves to eat the biggest poo poo sandwich in the world. And they deserve to eat a little one right now for not addressing that concern in their post. But the response right now is wildly disproportionate

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Just imagine grabbing kenichiro yoshida, CEO of Sony, and screaming the rage of 10,000 slightly inconvenienced gamers directly into his face.
Yeah... that's good

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
G4MERs went from an easily mockable thing upset about boobs to being used to justify tons of anti-consumer behavior.

People are upset about losing access to the game they bought because it requires an account that ranges from a 2-second thing to literally impossible, and people in this thread are like G4MERs at it again. Despite many people in this thread talking about how it doesn’t work, they needed a second computer, or they have to use a VPN.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Did they restrict the game being bought on Steam from countries that don't have PSN access?

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
"the thing I paid for and have been playing for 3 months should continue to work as it has" is apparently a controversial opinion now. wild times to be a consumer.

e: all AH had to do to not eat poo poo was not turn off the PSN integration modal when you launch the game that they turned off after like the first day. just make it say "A PSN account will soon be required, make one before X date and get some medals!" that's it, that's all most people would need to see to surmise whether they could keep playing or not within Steam's 2 hour refund limit.

Winkle-Daddy fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 3, 2024

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

johnny park posted:

But the response right now is wildly disproportionate

Give examples? All I've seen is people saying "this poo poo sucks" in a variety of ways and they're right.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

Give examples? All I've seen is people saying "this poo poo sucks" in a variety of ways and they're right.

hatty posted:

But also lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Griz posted:

tried 3 browsers, 2 endlessly time out at the end and firefox won't even load the first page

psn has a lot of problems and downtime issues but making a psn account right this moment is going to be a bigger pain in the rear end than usual because a ton of people are doing it. You’ll have better luck in a few hours

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

LOL poo poo

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009

johnny park posted:

If on the 30th it does turn out that people in non-PSN regions who own Helldivers straight up lose access to the game without lying about their location for a PSN account, Sony absolutely deserves to eat the biggest poo poo sandwich in the world. And they deserve to eat a little one right now for not addressing that concern in their post. But the response right now is wildly disproportionate

I agree with everything above.

Lord Packinham posted:

G4MERs went from an easily mockable thing upset about boobs to being used to justify tons of anti-consumer behavior.

What I'm mocking is the constant disingenuous overblown response to every bit of news about this game. That there happens to be a strong fair point for an edge-case of players who bought the game in countries without PSN and didn't see the PSN requirement when they bought the game is a coincidence. In a sense, those players are being used as ammunition in a ridiculous war.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

gotta complain about people defending an industry giant (sony) while defending an industry giant (steam) :downs:

I feel bad for their community folks and moderators. This is not a fun day for anyone who has to deal with social media channels

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

hatty posted:

But also lol

Wow... that is a special kind of insanity.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

“arrowhead of being poo poo” is just lazy

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
There is no way that's both sincere and serious.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

novaSphere posted:

This is not a fun day for anyone who has to deal with social media channels

is it ever a fun day for them

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
them win. them win right now because of you

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Mesadoram posted:

Wow... that is a special kind of insanity.

lmao incredible

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Sony is just trying to offload PS5 system supply to Helldivers 2 addicts before they release the PS5 Pro. I respect the capitalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

I haven't needed to make a PSN account since I was a teen with a PS3 so I’m pretty out of date on the specifics of it in tyool 2024. Is there no way to just lie? I recently watched a couple streamers play EDF6 early by making Singapore PSN accounts and they said it was very little effort to do so. Obviously not the same circumstances but I genuinely don’t know how it works and would love to know if some players are truly out of luck and without options or not.

Also it’s been asked several times but was Helldivers 2 region locked on steam for non psn countries? I’m assuming not but I’d rather not assume if anyone knows.