Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Jeff Fatwood posted:

No, I think I'll complain for the people being left out even if I am not affected myself greatly.

Okay but we don't even know if they are actually being left out lol. People are jumping to the worst possible conclusion and then raging about it as if it's inevitable or has already happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

PSA for anyone about to be region-locked: Sony's official workaround is to set your country to the closest around. Hong Kong for Philippines, Egypt for MENA, South Africa for sub-Saharan Africa, and Finland for the Baltics

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Why does it seem like I'm always short on common samples?

Warad
Aug 10, 2019

SCs are definitely a luck-of-the-draw type of deal unless you're actively grinding for them by spamming trivial missions. Personally I've been getting all the Warbonds with the POI drops I've been getting and the freebie 100 drops in the previous Warbonds pretty easily enough, it's when a nice pair of armor shows up in the store when things start getting complicated...

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Because you get them at about the same cadence as rare samples, yet the first of each upgrade takes like 80 of them and 10 rare samples

Honestly, it should probably be 80/10/0, 10/80/0, 80/80/10 common/rare/super samples

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah my boy in belarus used another nearby country but it was hit and miss for him, sometimes it flagged his account and he just had to make a new one and it worked again for some reason lol

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

johnny park posted:

People are jumping to the worst possible conclusion and then raging about it as if it's inevitable or has already happened

What can I say

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Hope though that this may lead to cross progression happening at some point so I can play from the couch without having to reunlock absolutely everything

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://x.com/pilestedt/status/1786454659256758447?s=46&t=I-gsjpvNkUNcOBofs8OOkQ

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Now is not the time for rational thought!

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
Honestly it seems like arrowhead is handling this the best they can but Sony really hosed them on this one.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i made a ps account for the ps4 i haven't turned on in years. maybe it still exists...

moist banana bread
Dec 17, 2023

banana Jake!
"Helldivers 2 crossplay is set up automatically, but you still need to add your friends across PC and PS5to be able to invite them."

sigh shut the gently caress up you asked for this

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I genuinely have no reason to disbelieve them when they said it was only disabled for stability issue temporarily, considering all the stability issues they had when the servers were on fire.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

moist banana bread posted:

"Helldivers 2 crossplay is set up automatically, but you still need to add your friends across PC and PS5to be able to invite them."

sigh shut the gently caress up you asked for this

i never asked for this

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Ice Fist posted:

A joke about baud? Dad? Is that you?

Sounds like they've got a bad case of... dad baud.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Lord Packinham posted:

Honestly it seems like arrowhead is handling this the best they can but Sony really hosed them on this one.

I'd imagine Sony's "MUST CONSUME AND CONTROL ALL THINGS WE TOUCH" guiding ethos made them realize HD2 is lightning in a bottle.

moist banana bread
Dec 17, 2023

banana Jake!

Dandywalken posted:

i never asked for this

I'm sorry I should've said "we" asked for this, demographically, because gamers have been asking for "crossplay" basically forever. I'm working on the "YOU" thing and understand some people can be very sensitive to it :)

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Lord Packinham posted:

Kind of. The official Discord mods (community managers?) are clapping back which then gets posted on Reddit for ragebaiting

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

nexus6 posted:

People saying they get loads of super credits but no medals sound like they're playing a totally different game. I play mostly 7s with friends, about an hour or two a day, and over the past week I've earned about 60 super credits and about 110 medals. Are people ignoring major/personal orders and playing 3s or something?

If the stuff in the new warbond next week is good I'll probably be shilling out :10bux: again because we almost never find SC in-game.

SC only spawn in POIs. Unless your group is actively exploring them you're not gonna get a lot of SC.

Some people do just play the lower difficulties to farm SC, it's pretty easy to do solo and you can test out weapons/strategems you barely use.

Warad
Aug 10, 2019

Twibbit posted:

Hope though that this may lead to cross progression happening at some point so I can play from the couch without having to reunlock absolutely everything

From what I've read, cross-progression was the main reason why a PSN account would be "required" before it got shuffled on the wayside thanks to the servers being utterly crushed.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Bro Dad posted:

PSA for anyone about to be region-locked: Sony's official workaround is to set your country to the closest around. Hong Kong for Philippines, Egypt for MENA, South Africa for sub-Saharan Africa, and Finland for the Baltics

Oh. Well if they don’t do region bans I’m gonna go with my gut instinct and stop caring about this.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Truely Helldivers 2 has now become the Madam Web of video games.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I play the price is right losing horn sound whenever sr. bile titan freeze frames and sinks into the ground.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Astrochicken posted:

I play the price is right losing horn sound whenever sr. bile titan freeze frames and sinks into the ground.

that is actually the winning scenario

the alternative is their corpse remaining in play as a lethal physics minefield, even if perfectly still

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I've been killed by so many bile titans corpses the past few days. I can't help but laugh at this point.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I'm not personally going to get too worked up about the PSN thing, but people can tell when they're being made to jump through hoops to satisfy some kind of crass desire to push user numbers or whatever Sony's rationale is, and it's predictable that people find it annoying.

Scoss fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 3, 2024

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Big mistake Sony. People about to realize complaining about the game is more fun than playing it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I'm not going to get upset until Sony tries to sell Doritos: Democracy Flavor

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

I'm not going to get upset until Sony tries to sell Doritos: Democracy Flavor

In this new warbond we're introducing MonsterTM stims!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Dpulex posted:

Big mistake Sony. People about to realize complaining about the game is more fun than playing it.

Lol I think people already realized this long ago when they first nerfed the Railgun and for every update since then.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Scoss posted:

I'm not personally going to get too worked up about the PSN thing, but people can tell when they're being made to jump through hoops to satisfy some kid of crass desire to push user numbers or whatever Sony's rationale is, and it's predictable that people find it annoying.

I am miffed about the possibility of another point of failure (Steam and/or PSN could be down) though.

TopHatGenius fucked around with this message at 20:18 on May 3, 2024

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Astrochicken posted:

This reminds me, last night my team were running a 7 and hit a Titan with a couple of 500KGs and it froze like they are want to do when they're dead.

It stood that way for around 30 seconds but instead of sinking into the ground like it should have, that motherfucker unfroze and started walking around again.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

This reminds me, last night my team were running a 7 and hit a Titan with a couple of 500KGs and it froze like they are want to do when they're dead.

It stood that way for around 30 seconds but instead of sinking into the ground like it should have, that motherfucker unfroze and started walking around again.

That can happen with chargers and hulks too where after a big enough boom they just kind of stun out for a few.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I actually left my original negative review of the game back when it first released (before people here convinced me it was optional) because of the PSN requirement.

Not because it required another account (which was annoying) but because it required another account it wouldn't let me actually make. I do wonder how much of the kickback is less about needing to make a PSN account and more about people being frustrated about the process of doing so being (sporadically, for some people) so lovely. If you could create a PSN account through the game and it reliably worked it would probably be a non issue, but the more annoying and frustrating the process is the more people are gonna get angry about it online, and PSN hookup has the worst of all worlds situation where it's *variably* frustrating.

Normal account creation you can gripe about and people can sympathize or tell you workarounds or whatever, but everyone has dealt with it. Complain about this and you get people saying you're lying, that you're dumb, mocking you, etc because they didn't have any issues, which only enflames the issue. Of course you also have the perpetually angry folks looking for an excuse and the bandwagon jumpers and stuff...

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I'm finally going back and trying to master the Autocannon with bugs and have found some issues:
Charger: face\legs can deflect the shot. Aiming at the ground doesn't seem to make enough impact to even slow them down. I've tried shooting their butts but have also found ricocheting shots. What am I doing wrong?

Bile Titan: I'm used to aiming the Queso right at its face so that's what I tried with the AC but either the shots deflected or appeared to do no damage. Tried shooting the butt a bunch but also found some shots deflecting and not doing meaningful damage.

What am I doing wrong with the AC that bugs seem to neglect its potential? I've had no issues with anything else like this.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

This really sucks for a lot of people. I've played with a bunch of randoms from the Philippines and they were all super awesome players.

Like one guy last night was calling out all his orbitals on voice comms letting us know what he was doing and when he needed help, really cool guy.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

GlyphGryph posted:

I actually left my original negative review of the game back when it first released (before people here convinced me it was optional) because of the PSN requirement.

Not because it required another account (which was annoying) but because it required another account it wouldn't let me actually make. I do wonder how much of the kickback is less about needing to make a PSN account and more about people being frustrated about the process of doing so being (sporadically, for some people) so lovely. If you could create a PSN account through the game and it reliably worked it would probably be a non issue, but the more annoying and frustrating the process is the more people are gonna get angry about it online, and PSN hookup has the worst of all worlds situation where it's *variably* frustrating.

Normal account creation you can gripe about and people can sympathize or tell you workarounds or whatever, but everyone has dealt with it. Complain about this and you get people saying you're lying, that you're dumb, mocking you, etc because they didn't have any issues, which only enflames the issue. Of course you also have the perpetually angry folks looking for an excuse and the bandwagon jumpers and stuff...

This is a perfectly valid concern.

The problem is that right now it seems like everyone is directing their ire at Arrowhead instead of Sony, who are responsible for the lovely account creation problems as well as requiring it in the first place. As the publisher, Sony likely would've been responsible for releasing it in all regions, including ones where PSN is blocked, as well.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 20:41 on May 3, 2024

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

turn off the TV posted:

it does ask for a driver's license if you live in the uk because it's legally mandated there but i don't think sony is responsible for that one

You can use a driver's licence for age verification but there are lots of options, including just putting your phone number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
You have to aim low on charger backs because the top is still armored.

The AC can only really pop the bile sacs on titans, which does damage but after that you can’t hurt it I think. Maybe if you get directly under and shoot up after the sacs are destroyed you can but I’ve never tried.