Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Tesla hid the emergency door latch because the lead engineer believes that if you wanted to get out of your Tesla you'd use the electronic button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Mr.Radar posted:

https://i.imgur.io/iGwC9vq.mp4

There's a second level of schadenfreude going on here, apparently the truck is designed to apply increasing amounts of pressure as you cycle the frunk:

(Arguably there's a third level from buying a truck designed by someone who thinks that's a good design.)

idk, tesla owners love making non-existent features up as much as elon does. but yeah, that would be an insanely idiotic design, if true

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Carthag Tuek posted:

idk, tesla owners love making non-existent features up as much as elon does. but yeah, that would be an insanely idiotic design, if true

That's the lead engineer for CyberTruck what makes you think he's talking out his rear end ... about this.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost

Mr.Radar posted:

There's a second level of schadenfreude going on here, apparently the truck is designed to apply increasing amounts of pressure as you cycle the frunk:

(Arguably there's a third level from buying a truck designed by someone who thinks that's a good design.)

Based on the lead engineer's tweet, I'm going to assume that the steer by wire system will do the same thing. The steering just ignores faults and the motor will apply more and more torque until a tie rod snaps.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

IMO he should've started that post with "human in loop" so everyone would know to stop reading it and assume he's a tech-brained fart huffer

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Enos Cabell posted:

French youtuber fills his bathtub with water beads and proceeds to get sued by the whole neighborhood after he flushes them and wrecks the sewer system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKKg5fzIKeE

Fortunately for his neighbours it was staged
https://www.francebleu.fr/infos/ins...-des-1583257752

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Most intelligent Aggie motorist

Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008

pixaal posted:

That's the lead engineer for CyberTruck what makes you think he's talking out his rear end ... about this.

I'm not seeing any contradictions here

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

GotLag posted:

Fortunately for his neighbours it was staged
https://www.francebleu.fr/infos/ins...-des-1583257752

Aww man, how could someone do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Playing crocodile dentist with the cyber truck and your finger.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

pixaal posted:

wait wtf, lmao. i skipped over the profile cause theyre always so dumb. rofl, just rofl that its really the "feature"

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://i.imgur.io/PFFp0a1.mp4

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Man that's thr first meme song I actually like

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Shageletic posted:

Man that's thr first meme song I actually like

It’s Friday, Friday.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr5DWf5L42k

not moving away from the mic to breathe :sad:

Nfcknblvbl posted:

It’s Friday, Friday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxleH60hDJY

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Mr.Radar posted:

As you feed it more fingers, the Cybertruck will learn to love and crave the taste of flesh.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Coming up on the 20th anniversary of the chocolate rain. Feels old man.

Mario Yesyes
Oct 30, 2012

Borscht posted:

My bones...

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Borscht posted:

COME ON MAN

Not cool

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The cyber truck just doing things over and over until it breaks is beautiful.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

It’s Friday, Friday.

Rebecca Black growing up fairly normal and having an ok music career is a damned miracle.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Mr.Radar posted:

So the trunk just keeps slamming itself harder and harder until it latches? And it's run by a learning algorithm?

They designed a giant robotic mouth didn't they?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm just glad the cybertruck can act as a garbage compactor at other times than just collisions

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Dick! Your dick bro, will it cut off your dick??? Will it cut off dicks????? Will it cut off your dick?????????

E: Bro!

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 20:15 on May 3, 2024

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery

cult_hero posted:

So the trunk just keeps slamming itself harder and harder until it latches? And it's run by a learning algorithm?

"The algorithm assumes..."
every time I hear this phrase a part of my soul dies

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

cult_hero posted:

Motherfucker plays Horizon Zero Dawn and thinks Ted Faro did nothing wrong.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Why does Ted Faro keep coming up on these forums? That game was released seven years ago.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well it was really hosed up what he did

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm the assumption that the "Human In the Loop" ("HITL") is so loving inept they can't close a loving frunk without motorized help, but will just keep effetely flailing at the guillotine button whilst crying

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

credburn posted:

Why does Ted Faro keep coming up on these forums? That game was released seven years ago.

El Nasir is like the biggest celebrity historical figure on this forum. And he sold poo poo grade copper millenia ago.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Please stop saying "frunk" like it's a normal non-perverted thing to say

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

I don’t have time for all the syllables.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Soul Dentist posted:

Would you prefer 'shrimp cooler'?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
his villain arc was really well-done and his crimes were both incredibly heinous and incredibly resonant with the real world

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
"Excuse me, did you say you can't put away your groceries because 'funky fresh'??"
"No I said 'frunk refresh', I'm updating the firmware on my car's bonnet"

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Soul Dentist posted:

Is frunk short for gently caress trunk?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Soul Dentist posted:

The frunk is the front of your trunk.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Now two threads I'm in are both having ongoing frunk discussions right now, I guess the schad is on me for logging on today

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
It smells like frunk in here.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Frunk off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!