Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I really, really, really dislike chargers even when I have stuff to kill them. Really not fun. I've never experienced a moment of joy even when the group I'm in keep them completely under control and humiliate the devs who want us to be miserable by making them ever present, they're that annoying.

Bile Titans are harder to kill and I find them less annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Corpo bootlicker

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I hid helldivers specifically in my friends list or profile or something, and now my friends can't see me play. That's all great but I want that to stop now.

If I try to unmark it as private, I still only see the option 'mark as private'. When I go to my friends list there's an eye with a line through it symbol next to my name. In steam I'm fully online. Help!!!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

redreader posted:

I hid helldivers specifically in my friends list or profile or something, and now my friends can't see me play. That's all great but I want that to stop now.

If I try to unmark it as private, I still only see the option 'mark as private'. When I go to my friends list there's an eye with a line through it symbol next to my name. In steam I'm fully online. Help!!!

Why would you want your friend to know how much Sony chode you lick on the regular??? :dafuq:

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

I had been stubbornly ignoring hot planets due to my love for the sickle but with Hellmire being the last current object planet I gave the Breaker Incendiary a go today and boy does it rip through bugs real good.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Fabricated posted:

I really, really, really dislike chargers even when I have stuff to kill them. Really not fun. I've never experienced a moment of joy even when the group I'm in keep them completely under control and humiliate the devs who want us to be miserable by making them ever present, they're that annoying.

This is very true, mostly cause you see/hear the titan coming. Just make the charger roar or some poo poo.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Harry Lime posted:

I had been stubbornly ignoring hot planets due to my love for the sickle but with Hellmire being the last current object planet I gave the Breaker Incendiary a go today and boy does it rip through bugs real good.

the objective is Erata Prime, although it is still a hot planet

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

magiccarpet posted:

This is very true, mostly cause you see/hear the titan coming. Just make the charger roar or some poo poo.

I'd like the clopping of the Kleers from serious Sam. It would be perfect.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

more very normal Gamering

There was a guy earlier complaining about the balance patch who started in on it with "First they came for the Breaker and I said nothing...."

Fabricated posted:

Even after the one-shot change?

Warad
Aug 10, 2019

Max Wilco posted:

If they aren't prohibited from making PSN accounts, why aren't the countries available for selection?

dumbass licensing or regulatory issues and other such dumb things if I remember correctly.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I hope you corpo bootlickers who don't mind having their rugs pulled by famously privacy-minded Sony Corp at least head to Steam and drop a thumbs down on the store page.

I'm not making a PSN account for this lol, but I will play until the end of the month until it's required. Maybe they'll change it.

Kind of amazing how Sony managed to gently caress over their star game, once again snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

I'm honestly surprised at all the people defending Sony, gently caress em

I say we make all games require psn login if it will make weird nerds write Johnny Silverhand diatribes about how video games hurt them, the most oppressed class.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

chargers still one shot a good chunk of the time because the charge is one damage instance and the impact with terrain after knockback is another. i didn't really notice a difference before and after, especially compared to bots where it was night and day

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Going back to quest 64 which doesn’t require a login

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

lol if you think I'm in any way in favor of Microsoft or Steam

anyway enjoy your game, I'm just honestly surprised how much this doesn't bother some of you :shrug:

K.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

I hope you corpo bootlickers who don't mind having their rugs pulled by famously privacy-minded Sony Corp at least head to Steam and drop a thumbs down on the store page.

I'm not making a PSN account for this lol, but I will play until the end of the month until it's required. Maybe they'll change it.

Kind of amazing how Sony managed to gently caress over their star game, once again snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

I'm honestly surprised at all the people defending Sony, gently caress em

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

atelier morgan posted:

chargers still one shot a good chunk of the time because the charge is one damage instance and the impact with terrain after knockback is another. i didn't really notice a difference before and after, especially compared to bots where it was night and day
I thought they meant the change to let AT weapons oneshot charger heads

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I think one of the reasons I enjoy bots more is because everything is relatively balanced, you kind of need to be able to take on anything, but factory striders are rare enough to not be a huge hassle. When it comes to bugs, it feels like bile titans are the main issue. Like sometimes on 8s and 9s you just get slammed with 3 or 4 titans at once and there's really nothing you can do. Nothing on the bot side is as hard to take out, even factory striders you can theoretically kill in 4 to 6 AC shots. Titans take 2 quasars plus a railcannon strike at least. I feel like bugs would be more balanced if we had more options in taking them down.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
usually when several titans show up you can catch 2 of them in the same 500kg, and 2 quasar/EAT/RR shots is enough to kill a titan by itself if you hit the head.
note: try not to shoot titans in the head while they're spitting due to hitbox fuckery

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

more very normal Gamering

There was a guy earlier complaining about the balance patch who started in on it with "First they came for the Breaker and I said nothing...."

I know they're entirely killable but they're insanely annoying when they stack up because they're incredibly persistent and even in scout armor I unironically find it easier to ditch bile titans than chargers.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

vyst posted:

Sony is just trying to offload PS5 system supply to Helldivers 2 addicts before they release the PS5 Pro. I respect the capitalism

Very on brand, the in-game ads say we need a strong economy to beat the xenos necron and nids uh I mean bugs and bots

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Helldivers 2: Corpo Bootlickers Only

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Max Wilco posted:

If they aren't prohibited from making PSN accounts, why aren't the countries available for selection?

Generally because those countries do not allow Sony to operate PSN as a storefront in their region. Which doesn't matter for the purposes of playing this game on Steam.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Helldivers 2: self review bombing our game since launch

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Thanks for all the replies about how to more effectively utilize the Autocannon :patriot:

I've sworn that I witnessed the Autocannon turret fire directly into a Charger's face and wipe it out, but maybe that is somehow a stronger utility than the one I can carry around? :confused:

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I wish people were this mad when Ubisoft makes you log into uplay to play a game you bought on steam cause that’s way worse

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Reviewbombing is the new Helldiving

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

causticBeet posted:

I wish people were this mad when Ubisoft makes you log into uplay to play a game you bought on steam cause that’s way worse

And Microsoft. I don't understand why everyone is super upset about this thing that is the same thing that's been happening for years already with worse corporations.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Video Nasty posted:

Thanks for all the replies about how to more effectively utilize the Autocannon :patriot:

I've sworn that I witnessed the Autocannon turret fire directly into a Charger's face and wipe it out, but maybe that is somehow a stronger utility than the one I can carry around? :confused:

Yeah the turret AC is stronger(more penetration?) than the helldiver-carried one.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Video Nasty posted:

The autocannon turret is a bigger gun yeah. It can kill chargers and bile titans, and pretty quickly too. They should probably indicate this more clearly by calling the backpack one a 20mm autocannon and the turret a 30mm autocannon or something.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

causticBeet posted:

Yeah but I have a sony account. I'd rather kill myself that make an Ubisoft account

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

anyway enjoy your game

thx i will

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Finally made it up to Helldivers difficulty and completed a mission. Woof that was wild. At one point I had two bile titans and two chargers on me.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

causticBeet posted:

And just think; Rockstar Games and Ubisoft first only required an account to log in and play their games, but then required a launcher to play stuff like FarCry, and GTA5/RDR2. So, who's to say Sony won't soon want to force feed the players of this year's biggest PC game ads and viruses with their own!

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
By the way, I am getting insane amounts of medals on these short bug missions. Could probably amp it up by actually trying to farm it but I’m completing two three mission sets in about an hour.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

I think one of the reasons I enjoy bots more is because everything is relatively balanced, you kind of need to be able to take on anything, but factory striders are rare enough to not be a huge hassle. When it comes to bugs, it feels like bile titans are the main issue. Like sometimes on 8s and 9s you just get slammed with 3 or 4 titans at once and there's really nothing you can do. Nothing on the bot side is as hard to take out, even factory striders you can theoretically kill in 4 to 6 AC shots. Titans take 2 quasars plus a railcannon strike at least. I feel like bugs would be more balanced if we had more options in taking them down.
It is possible to 2-shot Titans with a RR/EAT/Q to the dome (same place as the Charger weakspot):

Away all Goats posted:

For those having trouble two-shotting Bile Titans:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvvbNJfPC3w
TLDW: Aim for the armored forehead/crown as you would on a Charger. Do not fire when they are spitting bile, as the animation causes the weakspot to clip through their back armor.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

causticBeet posted:

I am pretty sure people are generally this mad about having to create another account or if there is another hurdle to playing a game they bought especially if it was not strictly enforced the first time. This time, it just happen to be announced and enforced in a recent game that is still popular, so we get a collective outcry and review bombing. If Sony enforced this requirement 5 years later, players will still be mad, but there will be significantly fewer players during that time, so there will probably be no publicity about it.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Hilario Baldness posted:

Finally made it up to Helldivers difficulty and completed a mission. Woof that was wild. At one point I had two bile titans and two chargers on me.

Only 2 each? Are you sure you were on difficulty 9?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Fabricated posted:

i love 'em. they make me feel like a matador. i shout "ole" as i sidestep them and blast them in the face with an eat. genuinely one of the more fun things in the game.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I bring the jetpack everywhere and I always feel like a champ jumping over them as they charge at me lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Hilario Baldness posted:

Oh it can get so much worse.