Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

causticBeet posted:

I wish people were this mad when Ubisoft makes you log into uplay to play a game you bought on steam cause that’s way worse

it's because unlike ubisoft games, helldivers 2 is actually worth playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Can confirm EAT makes chargers much much easier. I stayed away from them because I don’t like the concept of disposable weapons, and I still feel like half the time I lose the second one in the chaos, but usually it only takes one shot. You also get a lot of them. Two per strat and it’s like a minute cooldown. You can’t use it to clear a base the way you can with autocannon, but it fucks up chargers and gives you a good chance against titans.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

EATs are easily in the running for the best support weapons in the game and they always have been, even before they one-shot chargers. People see "disposable" and think "oh I only get one at a time??" but you actually get two, and the cooldown is only 70 seconds by default so you can just pump them out constantly, and since you don't need a backpack to take advantage of having so many shots like the regular recoilless, you can bring other fun stuff like guard dogs or jetpacks.

EATs rock

I wish the anti-tank mines won the community thing, though I knew there was no chance in hell. Even if they didn't do the usual arrowhead thing and push out a barely functional Airburst too early, I still think the AT mines would have been way more useful. Never stood a chance being locked behind the fire tornado planet, even outside of the other option being a giant rocket launcher.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 00:57 on May 4, 2024

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Flair posted:

I am pretty sure people are generally this mad about having to create another account or if there is another hurdle to playing a game they bought especially if it was not strictly enforced the first time. This time, it just happen to be announced and enforced in a recent game that is still popular, so we get a collective outcry and review bombing. If Sony enforced this requirement 5 years later, players will still be mad, but there will be significantly fewer players during that time, so there will probably be no publicity about it.

Personally I think it's largely because the wretches on social media who make their living giving entitled fools a daily dopamine hit of anger noticed how popular this game is and have been ginning up controversies since day one so they can get more of that capital G Gamer monetisation.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Inside of Bile Titans mouth should be a weak spot for all weapons

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

you should be able to destroy its knees to slow it down like the walking factories

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Personally I think it's largely because the wretches on social media who make their living giving entitled fools a daily dopamine hit of anger noticed how popular this game is and have been ginning up controversies since day one so they can get more of that capital G Gamer monetisation.

Why can't it be both this and a legitimate complaint. They are not mutually exclusive.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Lol I just found out the hard way that bile spewers can kill you inside the pelican :argh:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I wish I could personally destroy bile spewers from the game. Like get into the code and erase them.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The green ones got too much dang health. Or are armored in too many places? Just take too many bullets regardless.

Apple Craft posted:

Why can't it be both this and a legitimate complaint. They are not mutually exclusive.

if you don't politely and calmly express your point of view via the approved channels at the appropriate time, then it means you're evil

even if you do, if you're on the same side as someone who is loud and annoying, you are exactly the same as them and can be disregarded as well

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 4, 2024

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

causticBeet posted:

I wish people were this mad when Ubisoft makes you log into uplay to play a game you bought on steam cause that’s way worse

I mean, I hate it all. Having to have multiple accounts to play a game due to having to log in via Steam then uplay/origin/epic/whatever

Hell when I was gifted Returnal, I jumped through a few hoops so I could play the drat game without being forced to also launch EGS alongside Steam.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Babe Magnet posted:

The green ones got too much dang health. Or are armored in too many places? Just take too many bullets
found the problem

nade launcher em or blast their head with JAR or something else high AP

Ouroboros
Apr 23, 2011
Anyone got any good loadouts for solo (or duo) bug diving? I feel like I'm extremely comfortable on bots with autocannon, airstrike, wildcard extra strat, laser, scorcher, redeemer and stun grenades (can switch out the scorcher for a few different options, don't really rely on the primary when I'm using AC) but I'm never sure what to pick for bugs. I feel like I need a to take quasar or EAT for heavy armour and I don't have a primary weapon I'm totally happy with, especially without laser dog to help thin out the smaller stuff and that already feels a little sad to take over shield backpack considering how good it is for avoiding hunter slows. One big problem I find is that when I find a loadout that works, it either works against bile spewers or the jumping scavenger variants, rarely both.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it actually doesn't affect me since I had to recently make a PSN account for some other game, but I've got friends who really enjoy playing this game who are likely going to be locked out soon for no reason, so as much as it pains to be on the same side as a bunch of hyperbolic weenies that I don't care about, never heard of, or read the opinions of anyway I'm still gonna have to say Sony sucks for this.

TopHatGenius posted:

I mean, I hate it all. Having to have multiple accounts to play a game due to having to log in via Steam then uplay/origin/epic/whatever

Yeah everyone's like "what's one more service you have to sign up for" as if they haven't been saying that exact thing every time another one rolls out. How many times is "one more". At least for PSN we don't have to worry about the service dying in a decade like Origin and Uplay hopefully lol

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006

Away all Goats posted:

It is possible to 2-shot Titans with a RR/EAT/Q to the dome (same place as the Charger weakspot):

Used to be able to do this consistently but it hasn't been working lately. Also is harder with the quasar nerf. I'll try EATs again but I hate not having them when I need them. There's just nothing on the bot front that will gently caress up your day like three bile titans can on the bug front. Three tanks is nothing, even three factory striders you can probably get down to manageable with a laser and a couple airstrikes. There's just not enough stuff that can reliably take down multiple BTs on a reasonable cooldown. If you get unlucky you can sometimes be facing 5 at once on helldive.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

I wish I could personally destroy bile spewers from the game. Like get into the code and erase them.

Yeah I really really hate these loving things. They come out of nowhere 8 at a time, and sometimes the bile will shoot out of their mouth at a 60° angle when you dive and kill you instantly.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah their tracking is crazy too.

LazyMaybe posted:

found the problem

nade launcher em or blast their head with JAR or something else high AP

yeah my go to has been concussion grenades or just jetpacking away and letting someone else deal with it lol. There are so many on higher difficulties though. Strafing run's good for them too, but it feels like every patch it gets worse; I can count on more than one hand the amount of times I've seen the run go directly over a big pod of spewers and not kill a single one, when it used to annihilate things.

When (if...) they ever fix the DoT issue for non-hosts, the napalm will probably be pretty good for stuff like that.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Babe Magnet posted:

The green ones got too much dang health. Or are armored in too many places? Just take too many bullets regardless.

the Eruptor can one-shot spewers if you hit them square in the gut when they rear up to spew their spew on you

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Regular Helldivers 2 experience

https://i.imgur.com/I2YjTQ5.mp4

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
I used the Adjudicator for a week and got used to it, but I went back to the Dominator today and boy does it feel good to be back to a weapon that's so effective. Its only problem is it won't stagger a stalker in your face.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I still like using the default Liberator lol.

Looking forward to the new heavy assault rifle, but warbond guns have been so hit or miss out the gate that I'm wary.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Liberator's a perfectly good gun

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

It's a fantastic gun. They added full auto to the penetrator but the mag size is too small for that to be fun using. At least you get a lot of magazines with it.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006

Ouroboros posted:

Anyone got any good loadouts for solo (or duo) bug diving? I feel like I'm extremely comfortable on bots with autocannon, airstrike, wildcard extra strat, laser, scorcher, redeemer and stun grenades (can switch out the scorcher for a few different options, don't really rely on the primary when I'm using AC) but I'm never sure what to pick for bugs. I feel like I need a to take quasar or EAT for heavy armour and I don't have a primary weapon I'm totally happy with, especially without laser dog to help thin out the smaller stuff and that already feels a little sad to take over shield backpack considering how good it is for avoiding hunter slows. One big problem I find is that when I find a loadout that works, it either works against bile spewers or the jumping scavenger variants, rarely both.

Quasar or EATs is mandatory, laser dog still does a lot of work keeping hunters off you. I can't put down the eruptor just because it handles spewers easily and you can take out heavy bug nests without having to get inside the bowl and trigger any spawns. It also one shots stalkers which is very helpful. You really need either the 500kg, railcannon or precision strike to take out BTs, I usually take airstrike as well because it's very versatile. I also like stun grenades to make chargers totally trivial, and as a panic button for getting more distance from a swarm. Shield pack I never found that useful because if you have hunters up in your face it goes down in 2 hits anyway and then you're back at square one and the hunters are still there. I also take senator to shoot close stuff but redeemer works great too.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Babe Magnet posted:

It's a fantastic gun. They added full auto to the penetrator but the mag size is too small for that to be fun using. At least you get a lot of magazines with it.

Had the same issue with mag size.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Hate bile spewers?

bring impact grenades. kills those shits one hit, both types of bile spewer too

disregard impact grenade downsides like this terrible bug propaganda

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

i've been playing with the blitzer and.. can you actually team kill with this thing. it is pretty focused unlike the arc thrower so it seems unless you're directly aiming at your teammate its perfectly fine with them standing somewhat in front of you near an enemy.. am i wrong on this?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I don't know if it's me being so jetpilled but imo you should definitely look into bringing the jetpack with you on solo trips. There are so many little things you can do to avoid big hassles, so many high places to hide or navigate, being able to jump up and down small ledges to escape being surrounded, etc. that make surviving way easier.

But yeah agree on eats or the quasar being mandatory since you're never going to have enough stratagems up at any moment to keep the big boys down.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Strong Sauce posted:

i've been playing with the blitzer and.. can you actually team kill with this thing. it is pretty focused unlike the arc thrower so it seems unless you're directly aiming at your teammate its perfectly fine with them standing somewhat in front of you near an enemy.. am i wrong on this?

you can teamkill with the blitzer but it's much harder. It not only has less range and spread but it does less damage too, I'm sure. I eventually had to learn to just not shoot the arc thrower if you can see someone else's name tag on your screen lol

Me and a friend figured out that you can rock the 90% resistant armor and the other one can use the arc thrower to bank shots off of you and get more range. it's not super useful in a vacuum but if everyone's wearing the armor and everyone's using arc throwers, you can have a good time. It's loud as poo poo though lol

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 4, 2024

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Ouroboros posted:

For duos I found for us 1 person with AT (RR/Quasar/EATs), and 1 person with horde clear (usually GL) was the combo that worked best. Stratagems are usually 500kg (for bile titans), cluster bombs, and dealer's choice on the third, I usually grab something like the orbital gatling or airburst for additional horde clear and if we get a spewer heavy spawn table it still works well on those.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I wish the gatling strategem had a little bit of tracking like the laser (but less obv), that'd be cool. make it a ship upgrade.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

Horace Kinch posted:

Only 2 each? Are you sure you were on difficulty 9?

I can only speak for my experience. I heard a lot of calls for railcannons, orbital lasers, and 500kgs elsewhere on the map from my team.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

causticBeet posted:

or when you needed to make a steam account to play a game you bought in a store

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Ouroboros posted:

Sickle / Grenade pistol or Redeemer / Impacts + EATs / HMG / AC Sentry / 500kg

Sickle for warriors and below

Grenade pistol for closing holes / spewers.

Impacts for spewers.

HMG for brood commanders, stalkers, hive guards - and ideally only against these targets.

EATs for chargers and Bile Titans.

AC Sentry for breaches or Bile Titans.

500kg for Bile Titans.

Have your buddy bring a quasar and laser dog, and take the second drop.

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 4, 2024

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

bandaid.friend posted:

or when you needed to make a steam account to play a game you bought in a store

I mean, they were, weren't they? it's always sucked, but what am i gonna do, not play video games? yea right morans

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Yeah I really really hate these loving things. They come out of nowhere 8 at a time, and sometimes the bile will shoot out of their mouth at a 60° angle when you dive and kill you instantly.

Bile spewers in any number are a non-issue if you bring Saint Autocannon 😇

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t like it

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Tom Tucker posted:

Inside of Bile Titans mouth should be a weak spot for all weapons

yeah i agree. i saw the arguments about the most armored spots holding the most important bits but if we’re gonna play real life logic its open mouth is not armored at all and is a direct route to vital organs. a spitting bile titan should be weak to all weapons in its mouth.

name some animals that are not severely incapacitated when ordinance is fired directly into their open mouths

they clearly want bile titans to be tougher to kill than that so i guess that’s why it doesn’t work that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmyGroup303
Apr 10, 2004

If this were real life, I would have piloted this helicopter with you still in it.

Sagebrush posted:

Bile spewers in any number are a non-issue if you bring Saint Autocannon 😇

Saint Autocannon, please protect us from all things mid, so that thine Trinity shall Smite the big Chunguses with divine retribution. In Liberty's name, we pray.