Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Dren posted:

name some animals that are not severely incapacitated when ordinance is fired directly into their open mouths

Terminids, if hive guards and warriors are anything to go by.

Arguments about weak points are moot until we have a zoological chart of Terminid anatomy. Maybe they have a tiny brain in their butt and that's why some of them can still charge after their head has been blown off. Maybe they aren't all evolved from the same ancestor and that's why others can't. Maybe they have redundant organs, or maybe their organs aren't where you expect, or maybe they have no organs. Just accept that it works the way it works.

However, if you shoot a shaped charge capable of cutting through armor at a bile titan's leg, it should cut through the leg and sever it, and that has obvious physical effects. That's the one weak point change I want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

even if it doesn't like gib the leg or whatever, I should be able to blow its joints out and slow it down like with the big automaton walker

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

this makes me moist*

(*in the blood mist of my former comrade),

so now that Helldivers 2 is dead and no ones ever going to play it again, who else thinks the new warbond set looks like a snow trooper get up? I like.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

only thing I have against the new warbond sets is their usual armor discrepancies. it's lame enough that we only have like 6 armor effects but they seem to just be applying them randomly. one of the armors listed has a paragraph about how it's stealth armor (for snow, sure, but there are snow planets lol) but the perk it has is servo-assisted???

all the armors look cool at least. and the guns seem fine, and importantly, hard to gently caress up lol. really looking forward to that medium pen charge laser primary.

grenade's going to be great when/if they ever fix the DoT non-host bug

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 03:53 on May 4, 2024

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

Bile spewers in any number are a non-issue if you bring Saint Autocannon 😇

I want to, but I'm pigeonholed into AT every time :(

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

Dren posted:

name some animals that are not severely incapacitated when ordinance is fired directly into their open mouths

Stacy Keach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iRU0oLmprI

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I want to, but I'm pigeonholed into AT every time :(

Bringing an AC and Eats are viable choices.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

bring gear that lets you run away from chargers/titans faster than your teammates

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Babe Magnet posted:

bring gear that lets you run away from chargers/titans faster than your teammates

Maybe by always playing the heavy lad I'm providing a vital service to my teammates by being the slowest to run away from titans

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

we salute you, from all the way over here.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Dren posted:

You're never going to believe this, but most bugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LmdmltW-XU

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Dropped into a Blitz with two double-stalker nests that almost immediately hit us.
Fortunately, the trusty Punisher can easily stagger and kill 4 stalkers in a single magazine, so it wasn't much of a threat.
If I'd still had the Eradicator... well, while it can deal with 1 or 2 at a time that you spot out, it can't really deal with 4 nearly in melee range.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Amazing Member posted:

so now that Helldivers 2 is dead and no ones ever going to play it again, who else thinks the new warbond set looks like a snow trooper get up? I like.

I'm excited to finally get another armor with the Scout perk

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

For all the discussion about linking PSN account to a Steam HD2 account, it's not actually clear to me how you do it.

I have a PSN account. From HD2 (windows version) I go to options, and there was, somewhere, an option to link to PlayStation account, either via a QR code or clicking a link. The link goes to Sony's site but when you click "continue" it says Thank You but I was never logged into my PlayStation account so it's not clear anything happened.

Furthermore when I go to the PlayStation site and log into my account there's a tab for "Linked Services" but it doesn't show Steam, just some social media streaming services.

However, the place to setup the link in the HD2 options menu appears to be gone, so maybe the process is complete, but it's not at all intuitive how to do it and how to be sure it's been done.

In other news, I was That Guy today. I seriously damaged a squad mate and felt so bad I was running up to stim them but I fat fingered the melee key instead and finished them off and they instantly left the mission.

I felt pretty bad!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I should probably do that too. Haven't launched the game in a few days.

They really should have just made it required for cross-play and gave you some incentives to link the PSN account like a one-time handfull of medals or recolor another armor set like the twitch drop. Give people something instead of taking something away, especially when they've demonstrated that it works "fine" (cross-play with randoms is fine but adding friends cross-platform is wonky) without a PSN account.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

the diligence counter sniper is pretty good

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah they keep buffing it, it was kind of bad for a while but it rocks now

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Is Scorcher any good for bugs or is it just a bot thing?

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

All we do is walk around believing birds!
Spear feeling a lot less janky today. Now if only you could actually down a strider with one as in it takes more than the carryable ammo to do so. I guess what I want more than some magic lock is guided missile, either by laser designator or fly-by-wire.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

laser designator would loving rock

Zwabu posted:

Is Scorcher any good for bugs or is it just a bot thing?

bring something that deals with the hunters and poo poo that like to jump or fly directly into your face and it's pretty decent. I don't really like to bring anything with low ammo against bugs tho.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Slyphic posted:

Spear feeling a lot less janky today. Now if only you could actually down a strider with one as in it takes more than the carryable ammo to do so.
It should at least kill the top turret in one shot.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Scorcher is decent against bugs since it’s serviceable against spitters. Main problem is it can’t stun stalkers and you have to watch out for splash damage when enemies are in melee range.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The blitzer is kinda nice with it against bugs.

ArmyGroup303
Apr 10, 2004

If this were real life, I would have piloted this helicopter with you still in it.
Has anyone noticed a stealth buff to the 500kg's AOE? I'm hearing reports of an noticably increased damage radius - not like 50% wider, but still significant.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Feel like I've had a lot of wonkiness fighting Chargers and Bile Titans today, shots literally phasing through enemies in some cases. Bile Titans are kinda nightmares if they tank 4 EATs in a row.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I tried the blitzer a bit for some bug 9 missions and didn't really like it. I mean I didn't hate it and it killed stuff so it wasn't useless but yeah

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

blitzer takes a little too long to fire after the last shot for my tastes for bugs, but it's not strong enough/doesn't have enough range for bots. I want to like the gun a lot, but I don't lol

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Babe Magnet posted:

yeah they keep buffing it, it was kind of bad for a while but it rocks now

Yeah everyone should at least try the counter-sniper again with bots. It doesn't handle like rear end anymore and the one-shot headshots on devastators are hilarious. And it seems properly balanced because if you don't get that headshot, you're plinking away for a while, but it retains the one-shot capabilities on the fodder bots. My brain's still not quite comprehending it after how long it was just awful.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

You're never going to believe this, but most bugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LmdmltW-XU

:stonk:

we’re gonna need more napalm

i still think if explosives are shot into bug mouth holes they should explode into a pile of good but that vid does explain brood commanders

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006

Babe Magnet posted:

laser designator would loving rock

bring something that deals with the hunters and poo poo that like to jump or fly directly into your face and it's pretty decent. I don't really like to bring anything with low ammo against bugs tho.

There was a datamined missile silo stratagem, where you call it down and it gives you a little laser pointer to paint the target, with a pretty huge range. Not sure if we'll ever get it but it looked pretty cool.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Great FAQ. 10/10.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

lol wtf i just got kicked from the game for "inaction"...

tonight's been a real poo poo of a game night. i keep seemingly join games that are just finishing up but after i launch so i don't get anything.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Horrendous stability tonight. My friend and I can barely play and keep getting flat-out disconnected from missions.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

raverrn posted:

Great FAQ. 10/10.

Worth mentioning that while Sony says that the truth is they've never actually given a poo poo if someone makes PSN accounts for countries besides their own*, alongside my actual US account I've had for about a decade now accounts for Japan and Singapore to access exclusives for those markets(especially since the latter uses English for most things and often gets English-language versions of games that never reach the US) and have never run into issues

*indeed basically every PlayStation console and handheld since the PS3 has been more or less completely region free for games at least on Sony's end of things(there's been a couple games from third party developers that are region locked but like a microscopic amount)

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah it's technically against ToS to lie about your location with your PSN account but whether or not they care leans more toward the "they don't" end. If you've ever got an issue related to that though, you're SOL. I posted earlier but a buddy of mine lives in a place that doesn't have PSN support, but made an account with a neighboring country as his location, and every few months it just randomly locks him out and he has to make a new one because support won't help him.

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

There was a datamined missile silo stratagem, where you call it down and it gives you a little laser pointer to paint the target, with a pretty huge range. Not sure if we'll ever get it but it looked pretty cool.

yeah that sounds cool. there were a couple datamined a while back (at the same time as the explosive crossbow and laser-repeater), one was a bunker call-in with a built-in turret and another was a big fuckoff spotlight/flare to light up dark maps.

probably won't ever get them though, seems a little out there. I know shortly before release, the CEO was posting on twitter about testing sub-sonic ammo/silent guns, which is a neat concept I'm not 100% would actually work lol

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 06:57 on May 4, 2024

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

drrockso20 posted:

Worth mentioning that while Sony says that the truth is they've never actually given a poo poo if someone makes PSN accounts for countries besides their own*, alongside my actual US account I've had for about a decade now accounts for Japan and Singapore to access exclusives for those markets(especially since the latter uses English for most things and often gets English-language versions of games that never reach the US) and have never run into issues

*indeed basically every PlayStation console and handheld since the PS3 has been more or less completely region free for games at least on Sony's end of things(there's been a couple games from third party developers that are region locked but like a microscopic amount)

Wow, sounds like it'd be real easy for them to say that. Heck, sounds like MORE effort to hang a legal Damocles over half the world.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

they can't because technically it breaks ToS. It's one of those things where like, as a business they don't give a gently caress if you're a consumer, but other businesses they work with and the laws of different countries would be up their rear end if they gave actual public endorsement. it's real stupid.

drrockso20 posted:

yeah I had a singapore account to play/buy DLC for Gundam Breaker 3, that poo poo rocked. They had an entirely english-translated version of that game, like 100%, and never released it in the states, crazy. We got the terrible sequel though lol

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 07:09 on May 4, 2024

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
let me just permanently tie my 15 year steam account to a one second burner I made on the sony playstation network what could possibly go wrong

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I can't believe the grumbling over a company exercising its democratic right to uphold our values and manage the gaming services we all love
____________________/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!