Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Put in some time with the airburst rocket launcher on bot 9s and that gun is real good in that niche. One shot beats the hell out of patrols or bases, usually clears all the raiders and a chunk of the devastators. Then you can hide behind a rock while you reload or switch to primary to plink off survivors. Only having to show yourself out of cover for a tiny window to deal damage is just so drat good in the poo poo show firefights that play out in high difficulty bot missions.

If you haven't tried the airburst since the pre-patch suicide gun version, give it a shot. Although it's dubious against bugs since they're always closing distance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gabrielite
Apr 24, 2008

Zwabu posted:

For all the discussion about linking PSN account to a Steam HD2 account, it's not actually clear to me how you do it.

I have a PSN account. From HD2 (windows version) I go to options, and there was, somewhere, an option to link to PlayStation account, either via a QR code or clicking a link. The link goes to Sony's site but when you click "continue" it says Thank You but I was never logged into my PlayStation account so it's not clear anything happened.

Furthermore when I go to the PlayStation site and log into my account there's a tab for "Linked Services" but it doesn't show Steam, just some social media streaming services.

However, the place to setup the link in the HD2 options menu appears to be gone, so maybe the process is complete, but it's not at all intuitive how to do it and how to be sure it's been done.

They removed the option to do so a while ago sometime during/after the "Great Server Fire of 2024". So it just adds another laughable dimension to the whole thing because you literally can't link your accounts right now despite everything. You can only just have the account ready to go if you didn't link it during the period when you could. Just another thing that was totally not communicated during the announcement that should have been.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

ArmyGroup303 posted:

Has anyone noticed a stealth buff to the 500kg's AOE? I'm hearing reports of an noticably increased damage radius - not like 50% wider, but still significant.

Yes. Ever since the patch that shook up all the weapons it seems to have a much larger AOE for me. I've dropped it and got over a dozen kills, and I've seen it kill bile titans and chargers that I was sure were out of its range. I've also had it hit me or knock me back when I was sure I was safe.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

https://reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1cjvn93/class_action_lawsuit_against_sony/

Very normal behavior

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

bandaid.friend posted:

or when you needed to make a steam account to play a game you bought in a store

10 years ago people were incredibly mad about this - they just got over it.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

fatelvis posted:

10 years ago people were incredibly mad about this - they just got over it.

Friend, I have bad news about the existence of time https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Life_2

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

remember gamespy

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

Osmosisch posted:

Friend, I have bad news about the existence of time https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Life_2

:(

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
Mr. Smith Goes to Arbitration

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I had played 1,6hrs during last 2 weeks, so it was natural to uninstall the game and categorize it as junk. I perhaps got my money's worth, but it's sad to see the game go down in flames like this.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

baby

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Vanilla Bison posted:

Put in some time with the airburst rocket launcher on bot 9s and that gun is real good in that niche. One shot beats the hell out of patrols or bases, usually clears all the raiders and a chunk of the devastators. Then you can hide behind a rock while you reload or switch to primary to plink off survivors. Only having to show yourself out of cover for a tiny window to deal damage is just so drat good in the poo poo show firefights that play out in high difficulty bot missions.

If you haven't tried the airburst since the pre-patch suicide gun version, give it a shot. Although it's dubious against bugs since they're always closing distance.

I used this on an egg mission and was able to clear one of them just firing this into it twice from a long distance away. Felt nice.

The other two we had to run in and finish of like 10 eggs

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Sony pushing this is wild, they were making a bunch of money from the goodwill and warbonds and they just decided to piss it away.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I mean, we'll see in steam charts in 2 weeks or so, but I wager it won't be too much of a dip, especially when they release the 3rd faction. Really sucks for Arrowhead, but I don't think Sony will be moved at all by the backlash.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

evilmiera posted:

Sony pushing this is wild, they were making a bunch of money from the goodwill and warbonds and they just decided to piss it away.

It's Sony, they don't give one flying gently caress.

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

I mean, we'll see in steam charts in 2 weeks or so, but I wager it won't be too much of a dip, especially when they release the 3rd faction. Really sucks for Arrowhead, but I don't think Sony will be moved at all by the backlash.

This is probably exactly what is going to happen. Arrowhead is taking the brunt of this bullshit because Sony is a garbage company.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Wow it's almost like it took less than a day for the only major concern to be addressed and everyone freaking the gently caress out about the worst possible scenario were jumping the gun :thumbsup:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

johnny park posted:

Wow it's almost like it took less than a day for the only major concern to be addressed and everyone freaking the gently caress out about the worst possible scenario were jumping the gun :thumbsup:

people are just accusing them of lying and trying to doxx the community managers again lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

johnny park posted:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

turn off the TV posted:

people are just accusing them of lying and trying to doxx the community managers again lol

Gamers with a capital 'G' man

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

bandaid.friend posted:

or when you needed to make a steam account to play a game you bought in a store

What the hell do you mean I need to make a steam account, I have a WON ID and it’s good enough

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Lmao down in flames

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Ice Fist posted:

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.

johnny park posted:

Ah but don't you see it's only because these heroes freaked the gently caress out about this absolute non drama that this affirmative action was undertaken.

I for one salute the legions of Rosa Parks' for bringing us our freedom.

Ballbot5000 fucked around with this message at 14:59 on May 4, 2024

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
Why go through the hoops of requiring it in just some countries if supposedly you were able to easily bypass it anyway

they're really desperate for those psn usage numbers

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Sony's got a few big hits on PC this year. Let's get a pool going on whether they manage not to gently caress any of them up or not.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I can't believe Helldivers is loving dead

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Ballbot5000 posted:

Ah but don't you see it's only because these heroes freaked the gently caress out about this absolute non drama that this affirmative action was undertaken.

I for one salute the legions of Rosa Parks' for bringing us our freedom.

I really don't care about any of this, but you do kind of have to be a loving idiot to think that they would have responded in any way beyond 'Break Sony TOS' had there been no backlash.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"I can't believe I have to murder this puppy to register a Playstation account"

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Ice Fist posted:

Gamers rising up once again

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
I think I'd rather work in a factory coring the assholes out of dead animals than be a community manager for gamers, Jesus Christ

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

It takes longer to reload a quasar than it does to make a psn account

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

lol even reddit is mocking this guy

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

My only concern was people being locked out based on region, and that's been said not to be a thing now. This is a total nothingburger.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

apostateCourier posted:

My only concern was people being locked out based on region, and that's been said not to be a thing now. This is a total nothingburger.

gamers rise up

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Babe Magnet posted:

blitzer takes a little too long to fire after the last shot for my tastes for bugs, but it's not strong enough/doesn't have enough range for bots. I want to like the gun a lot, but I don't lol

Haven't ever used it for bots because of the range but I like it against bugs. Infinite ammo stagger is really nice and because you don't need aim it's perfect for stopping all the little guys in mid-air when they jump at you.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

apostateCourier posted:

yeah people must feel really stupid for complaining about that thing that's now getting addressed huh

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Jeff Fatwood posted:

let me just permanently tie my 15 year steam account to a one second burner I made on the sony playstation network what could possibly go wrong

what could possibly go wrong?

i'm not being sarcastic i don't get it. what do you think is going to happen to your steam account

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Infinitum posted:

"I can't believe I have to murder this puppy to register a Playstation account"

Jeff Fatwood posted:

yeah people must feel really stupid for complaining about that thing that's now getting addressed huh

"Complaining" lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:gary: