Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
HM: Jordynne Grace (c) vs. Miyu Yamashita for the TNA Knockouts World Championship, TNA Impact 5/2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Zack Sabre Jr. (C) vs. Jeff Cobb for the IWGP World Television Title - NJPW Dontaku Night 1 5/3
Zack tries to match power with Cobb, which is a bad idea. Cobb tries to match technique with Zack, which is a bad idea. But goddamn if it wasn't a loving joy watching these two make the attempt, as also of course they proved why they're the masters of their own particular specialty.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Chris Jericho (C) vs. Katsuyori Shibata for the FTW Title - AEW Dynamite 5/1
The trashcan walking down a terrified Chris Jericho moment was incredible :allears:

HM: Willow (C) vs. Skye Blue for the TBS Title - AEW Rampage 5/1
This was great, would have been nice to actually see the finish, fite.tv! :argh"

nth for me

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Zack Sabre Jr. (C) vs. Jeff Cobb for the IWGP World Television Title - NJPW Dontaku Night 1 5/3
Zack tries to match power with Cobb, which is a bad idea. Cobb tries to match technique with Zack, which is a bad idea. But goddamn if it wasn't a loving joy watching these two make the attempt, as also of course they proved why they're the masters of their own particular specialty.

Second!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HM: Mustafa Ali (c) vs Ace Austin for the X Division title - TNA Under Siege, 5/3

Would have also nominated Jonathan Gresham vs KUSHIDA if not for the ending :effort:

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
WMOTYC: Blake Christian vs Danhausen - Rather You than Me 5/3/2024 pre-Dusty finish

Somewhat boring match with an atrocious finish.

MOTYC: Blake Christian vs Danhausen - Rather You than Me 5/3/2024 post-Dusty finish

Lol, lmao, etc.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
CMLL Super Fridays 5/3

HM: El Audaz, Legendario y Max Star vs Alom, Crixus y Infarto
HM: Mistico, Mascara Dorada y Templario vs Angel de Oro, Flip Gordon y Niebla Roja

Telling myself that Audaz is back. Main event gets bumped up because on top of all the work I love one spot so so much.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Chris James 2 posted:

HM: Mustafa Ali (c) vs Ace Austin for the X Division title - TNA Under Siege, 5/3

Would have also nominated Jonathan Gresham vs KUSHIDA if not for the ending :effort:

2nd

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MOTYC: Shingo Takagi (C) vs. Gabe Kidd for the NEVER Openweight Title - NJPW Dontaku Night 2 5/4
This was great, they just beat the poo poo out of each other and it played perfectly to Gabe's unhinged character.

The less said about the rest of the show the better :sigh:

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Shingo Takagi (C) vs. Gabe Kidd for the NEVER Openweight Title - NJPW Dontaku Night 2 5/4
This was great, they just beat the poo poo out of each other and it played perfectly to Gabe's unhinged character.

:yeah:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Nth.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
WWE backlash
HM: kabuki warriors vs Bianca belair/jade
HM: bayley vs Naomi vs Tiffany S
HM: Damien priest vs jey uso
Motyc: Cody vs AJ styles

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016

Jerusalem posted:

Nth, loved the storytelling with Gabe pulling out the Shibata bitch-maker and headbutt, but selling afterwards like he'd been knocked loopy. Shows that despite all the gab he's not quite at his mentor's level yet

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Nth this, Gabe remains my dog for real

Also
AJPW Champion Carnival Night 9 May 4th
HM
Hartley Jackson vs Lord Crewe
Yuma Anzai vs Hideki Suzuki
SUWAMA vs Jun Saito

Very solid way to finish off B block after the last couple of shows have been pretty nothing

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

By God nth

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Stardom 5/5/24

Hm : maika/xena/mina Shirakawa vs mayu iwatani/Hanan/saya iida

Motyc : crazy star v fwc

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Akito, Kazuki Hirata & Shunma Katsumata vs. Jun Akiyama, Makoto Oishi & Tomomitsu Matsunaga - King of DDT Night 1 5/5

Jun Akiyama isn't in the tournament, but he does have a prelim match and he's looking forward to wrestling in front of the Korakuen Hall crowd. Unfortunately his teammates have the unfortunate and disrespectful habit of trying to win the match before he has a chance to enjoy himself. This leads to him literally making them do the match again when it's won by his team before he even made it to the ring, lambasting the referee for counting a pinfall, breaking up his own teammates attempt at a pin, and in the amazing climax setting up for a crowd pleasing dance number when disaster strikes. A wonderful way to get the crowd going before the tournament proper started :allears:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT King of DDT Night 1 May 5th
HM
Poison Sawda JULIE vs MAO
- Wrestling is art and I will hear no disagreements

KANON vs To-y
- Very solid match with a very simple story, To-y has fighting spirit and not much else to help him stop KANON mercilessly attacking his midsection for his submission finisher

Kazusada Higuchi vs Yukio Naya
- Beef running into each other real goddamn hard in front of a hot crowd, theres nothing better

HARASHIMA vs Shuji Ishikawa
- Both these guys are 20 year vets and Ishikawa especially is long past his prime but these guys together was a great combination. It remains unfair that HARASHIMA is turning 50 years old this year but still moves as good as he did a decade ago

Chris Brookes vs Takeshi Masada
- It's obvious the company see what a talent they have in Masada, guy grows by leaps and bounds every opportunity he gets

Outside the stuff I knew I wouldn't enjoy going in this was a great time, those last three matches were all close to MOTYC for me

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT King of DDT Night 1 May 5th
HM

Kazusada Higuchi vs Yukio Naya
- Beef running into each other real goddamn hard in front of a hot crowd, theres nothing better

HARASHIMA vs Shuji Ishikawa
- Both these guys are 20 year vets and Ishikawa especially is long past his prime but these guys together was a great combination. It remains unfair that HARASHIMA is turning 50 years old this year but still moves as good as he did a decade ago

Chris Brookes vs Takeshi Masada
- It's obvious the company see what a talent they have in Masada, guy grows by leaps and bounds every opportunity he gets

Outside the stuff I knew I wouldn't enjoy going in this was a great time, those last three matches were all close to MOTYC for me

Yeah, 2nding these HMs, very good show apart from the one lovely thing we all knew was going to suck.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
World Wonder Ring Stardom All-Star Grand Queendom - 4/27

MOTYC
Mei Seira & Suzu Suzuki v. Ruaka & Starlight Kid v. AZM & Miyu Amasaki v. Hazuki & Koguma
Goddess of Stardom Title

MOTYC
Mayu Iwatani (c) v. Sareee
IWGP Women's Title

NJPW Wrestling Dontaku Tag 1 - 5/3

MOTYC
Zack Sabre Jr. (c) v. Jeff Cobb
NJPW World TV Title

HM
David Finlay v. Yota Tsuji

NJPW Wrestling Dontaku Tag 2 - 5/4

MOTYC
Shingo Takagi (c) v. Gabe Kidd
NEVER Openweight Title

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Yes! Wonderland May 6th
MOTYC
Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo and Suzume) (c) vs HIMAWARI and WAKANA Uehara - Princess Tag Titles
- The new generation defending their titles against the even newer, hungier generation. HIMAWARI especially was great here when she was in peril

Miu Watanabe (c) vs Shoko Nakajima - Princess of Princess Title
- Fantastic stuff, Miu looked right at home in her first defence of the big belt and Shoko is so effortlessly smooth at everyhting she does

HM
Maki Itoh vs Haru Kazeshiro
Yuki Arai and Kamiyu vs Mizuki and Nao Kakuta

Also Runa vs Yuna is worth checking out if there's time, very fun show from top to bottom

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Stardom 5/5/24

Nth. Match ruled. Crazy Star is up there with Team 200kg for me as the best women's tag team and they've been teaming for about a year.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

MOTYC: Alpha Wolf, Dragon Bane, Hiromu Takahashi, Shunma Katsumata & YAMATO vs El Desperado, HAYATA, Kota Minoura, MAO & Ninja Mack. United Japan Pro Wrestling All Together, 06/05/2024

Will review matches for the rest of the show later, but this match was good enough to justify the byzantine nonsense of finding the show in the first place. Some of the absolute best and absolute maddest Juniors in the world and also HAYATA. This was a four way company spotlight and absolutely wonderful.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

UJPW presents All Together May 6th
MOTYC
El Desperado, HAYATA, Kota Minoura, MAO and Ninja Mack vs Alpha Wolf, Dragon Bane, Hiromu Takahashi, Shunma Katsumata and YAMATO
- Junior insanity, just some good old fasion high speed madness

Yuki Ueno, Shota Umino and Kaito Kiyomiya vs Yuya Uemura, KONOSUKE TAKESHITA and Shun Skywalker
- Exactly what I wanted from an interpromotional mainevent, everyone got a chance to look cool as poo poo (even the most humiliated man alive)

HM
Kenoh vs Kosei Fujita
Jeff Cobb and Masa Kitamiya vs Daisuke Sekimoto and Tomohiro Ishii
SchadenTekkers (Chris Brookes and Zack Sabre Jr) vs Taichi and KAI

Great show, well worth the dick around to get it in the first place

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
Yuki Ueno, Shota Umino and Kaito Kiyomiya vs Yuya Uemura, KONOSUKE TAKESHITA and Shun Skywalker
- Exactly what I wanted from an interpromotional mainevent, everyone got a chance to look cool as poo poo (even the most humiliated man alive)

HM
Kenoh vs Kosei Fujita

Nth to these. Loads of fun.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I see the advantage of putting HAYATA in a 10 man tag. There's still 9 wrestlers to carry the match & his mid rear end.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Yes! Wonderland May 6th
MOTYC
Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo and Suzume) (c) vs HIMAWARI and WAKANA Uehara - Princess Tag Titles
- The new generation defending their titles against the even newer, hungier generation. HIMAWARI especially was great here when she was in peril

Miu Watanabe (c) vs Shoko Nakajima - Princess of Princess Title
- Fantastic stuff, Miu looked right at home in her first defence of the big belt and Shoko is so effortlessly smooth at everyhting she does

HM
Maki Itoh vs Haru Kazeshiro
Yuki Arai and Kamiyu vs Mizuki and Nao Kakuta

Also Runa vs Yuna is worth checking out if there's time, very fun show from top to bottom

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
El Desperado, HAYATA, Kota Minoura, MAO and Ninja Mack vs Alpha Wolf, Dragon Bane, Hiromu Takahashi, Shunma Katsumata and YAMATO
- Junior insanity, just some good old fasion high speed madness

HM
Kenoh vs Kosei Fujita

Nth to these

Cyberfight came out strong

Very, very worth watching the Miu and Shoko match if you're a technical wrestling/counters/reversals pervert

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragongate Dead or Alive 2024, 5/5

HM: Strong Machine J vs. U-T

MOTYC: Open the Twin Gate Championship - Kaito Kiyomiya & Alejandro (c) vs. Team No Hug (Naruki Doi & Dragon Kid)
Crowd was on fire for this match, and Doi and Dragon Kid are on a hell of a run with this current team.

MOTYC: 5-Way Steel Cage Survival - Jacky "Funky" Kamei vs. HYO vs. Kzy vs. Jason Lee vs. Shun Skywalker
High drama and masterful storytelling. Some of the most homoerotic poo poo DG has done in a while. Great stuff.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dragongate Dead or Alive 2024, 5/5

HM: Strong Machine J vs. U-T

MOTYC: Open the Twin Gate Championship - Kaito Kiyomiya & Alejandro (c) vs. Team No Hug (Naruki Doi & Dragon Kid)
Crowd was on fire for this match, and Doi and Dragon Kid are on a hell of a run with this current team.

MOTYC: 5-Way Steel Cage Survival - Jacky "Funky" Kamei vs. HYO vs. Kzy vs. Jason Lee vs. Shun Skywalker
High drama and masterful storytelling. Some of the most homoerotic poo poo DG has done in a while. Great stuff.

Nth to all of these

Loved the bit where Doi and Kaito traded Bakatare Sliding Kicks and Modified Shining Wizards

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

BJW Endless Survivor ~ Beyond the Milestone ~ May 4th
MOTYC
Yuya Aoki (c) vs Daichi Hashimoto - BJW World Strong Title
- The best of Big Japan, Aoki has been such a great champion
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456253045?t=3h47m01s

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Raw 5/6
MOTYC: Ilya dragunov vs Riccochet in KOTR round 1
HM: Sheamus vs Gunther

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Stardom 5/5/24

Hm : maika/xena/mina Shirakawa vs mayu iwatani/Hanan/saya iida

Second. Love how the EXV trio has a bunch of triple-team moves. Especially love that they're using the Ant Hill.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
12th April
Stardom In Korakuen
Alto Livello KABALIWAN (Giulia & Syuri) vs STARS (Hanan & Mayu Iwatani)
Watch this here

MOTYC
12th April
Stardom In Korakuen
AphroditE (Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita) vs Maika & Saya Iida
Watch this here

HM
15th April
Pro Wrestling NOAH Monday Magic Season 2 Ep.3
Great Sakuya & Nagisa Nozaki vs Miyuki Takase & Takumi Iroha
Watch this here

Best Great Sakuya (Mutoh's daughter) match I've seen thus far in her career. Helps being in there with 3 really good, reliable hands

MOTYC
15th April
Pro Wrestling NOAH Monday Magic Season 2 Ep.3
GHC Hardcore Title
Ninja Mack(c) vs Alpha Wolf
Watch this here

HM
20th April
Dragongate Gate of Passion Night 6
Hyo vs Jacky Funky Kamei
Watch this here

HM
20th April
Dragon Kid, Susumu Yokosuka & YAMATO vs Gold Class (Ben-K, BxB Hulk & Kota Minoura)
Watch this here

HM
20th April
Jason Lee vs Kzy
Watch this here

The 2 singles are really great as part of the build to the Dead Or Alive cage match. Heel Jason has exceeded my expectations as a character, his talent has never been in doubt but I didn't expect him to take to this role as quick as he has.

MOTYC
21st April
Dragongate Gate of Passion Night 7
Big Hug (Hyo & Luis Mante) & Natural Vibes (Jacky Funky Kamei & Kzy) vs Z-Brats (Gianni Valletta, ISHIN, Jason Lee & Shun Skywalker)
Watch this here

More fantastic build to DoA. Company is so good at this poo poo. Case from the Open The Voice Gate podcast went 4.5/5 on this, I was a smidge lower at 4.25 but it's definitely a match to watch.

HM
21st April
Stardom In Osaka
Hanan, Momo Watanabe & Natsupoi vs Maika, Mayu Iwatani & Saori Anou
Watch this here

Big fan of Natsupoi sitting on the apron bopping her head to Maika's entrance song.

HM
21st April
Stardom In Osaka
Goddess of Stardom Titles
Crazy Star (Mei Seira & Suzu Suzuki) vs Prominence (Hiragi Kurumi & Risa Sera)
Watch this here

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. Jeff Cobb and ZSJ are undoubtedly the best in the world at what they do.

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. In the promo package Gabe said that the NEVER belt represented real New Japan, the hard hitting strong style BEEF that Shingo called the collision of fighting spirit and that losers like EVIL had made it a joke. By god this was a return to that BEEF that made New Japan great.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dynamite 5/8

HM: Orange Cassidy vs. Trent Beretta
MOTYC: Adam Copeland vs. Brody King

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 5/8

Seconded.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 5/8

nth

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 5/8

Agreeing with Pylons

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 5/8

Nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 5/8