Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

There was a really great Shingo vs. Gabe Kidd match on this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
i thought the match was decent tbh. Mox/Shooter/Despy didn't look like complete goobers like most HoT opponents.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Despy rules.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:lol: Moxley ahahahaha

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Taffy Torpedo posted:

i thought the match was decent tbh. Mox/Shooter/Despy didn't look like complete goobers like most HoT opponents.

Yeah it was solid considering how bad the build was.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The problem is that there are only 2 ways a HoT match goes:

1) cheating bullshit, they win
2) cheating bullshit, they lose

There are more interesting ways of using a cheating faction.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love the astonished gasps from the crowd everytime the golden streamers go off :)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Moxley like "why isn't this dude cheap shotting me what the hell"

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Lamuella posted:

The problem is that there are only 2 ways a HoT match goes:

1) cheating bullshit, they win
2) cheating bullshit, they lose

There are more interesting ways of using a cheating faction.

Sure I'm not going to necessarily defend house of torture (although they are good in moderation)

What I'm saying is that without the champ around its just hard to put heat into the match. If this goes much longer they will run mox v evil for that specific reason. Do we really want that ?

Just put the title back on naito

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rick posted:

Moxley like "why isn't this dude cheap shotting me what the hell"

I loved him finally stopping to pay attention to Shota once he left the ring and sat on the apron, and then he gave the camera a little,"Gonna go to war against my buddy here soon :heysexy:" look.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

(although they are good in moderation)

How would we ever know? :haw:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Moxley: There were how many of you? 5 of you? You couldn't win the title with 5 guys*? Go home and look in the mirror, you loving pussies.

drat, Mox!

* Not Just Five Guys!TM

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Rick posted:

There's a good match somewhere in here.

Yeah, Ren can be great when he's in an actual match - same as most of HoT really.

Gabe vs. Shingo was great as expected. Make the NEVER title the main belt at this point, gently caress. I look forward to Gabe having Eddie dead to Rights only to get distracted by his rage at a random person ringside and lose. "Angry man with ADHD who just wants strong style back" is a very relatable character.

Get Chase Owens off my TV forever please.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Welp, apparently Tanga Loa's gone to the fed too. Can't say it's a huge loss at this point, honestly, although it's odd that they gave Tama the big send off and barely a whisper for Loa.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I wish him all the best in his retirement.

Hopefully he doesn't have to pretend to be Mexican this time.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
In cooler news:

https://x.com/njpwglobal/status/1786833170538660040?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I know they said he won't go but I hope WWE gets Fale so we can be free of all the old school Bullet Club deadweight

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Hope NJPW can see the writing on the wall with Hikuleo

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think it depends on how long he's under contract for but if it ends at the end of next year I probably wouldn't push him heavily

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oh no, WWE and/or AEW, please don't poach House of Torture next, anything but that *wink wink*

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I wish him all the best in his retirement.

Hopefully he doesn't have to pretend to be Mexican this time.

Forum meme and all but the guy is in bad shape. I'm actually shocked the wwe would sign him

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I know they said he won't go but I hope WWE gets Fale so we can be free of all the old school Bullet Club deadweight

Don't forget Chase Owens. Although he'd probably be more of a TNA guy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

Don't forget Chase Owens. Although he'd probably be more of a TNA guy

Has TNA really fallen (back down) that low? :ohdear:

Edit: Also, vote in the champ of the month thread you jer... you fine people!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 23:34 on May 4, 2024

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Jerusalem posted:

Has TNA really fallen (back down) that low? :ohdear:

TNA Wrestling is too good for Chase Owens. MAYBE MLW would take him.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Chase Owens is considered valuable by a single promotion and it's the one he's working for

to Chase's credit (bleh), he seems aware of that and I wouldn't be surprised if he rides the relationship all the way to a post-retirement gig in overseas talent relations or whatever

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well he's like 49-years-old so surely retirement must be coming up soon!

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Jerusalem posted:

Well he's like 49-years-old so surely retirement must be coming up soon!

for the love of god don't look up his actual age if you have any hope of him hanging 'em up anytime soon

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah I was being hyperbolic, he's actually like 42-years-old and probably has another 5-7 years in him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Forum meme and all but the guy is in bad shape. I'm actually shocked the wwe would sign him

I assume Tama, Karl, Gallows and maybe AJ vouched for him? Maybe they think if they put him and Tama back as a tag team it'll work. (I sure hope Tama doesn't expect to get a singles run when he's basically 4th banana in the Bloodline)

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah I was being hyperbolic, he's actually like 42-years-old and probably has another 5-7 years in him.

:whitewater:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

I assume Tama, Karl, Gallows and maybe AJ vouched for him? Maybe they think if they put him and Tama back as a tag team it'll work. (I sure hope Tama doesn't expect to get a singles run when he's basically 4th banana in the Bloodline)

But I assume they do things like physicals

Chase has one of the worst looks ever and there are allegations he is creepy and hits on every woman he comes across. Purely in ring he is at worst solid enough. I dislike the guy but he's probably better in ring than kenta as things stand in 2024. His output this year has been fine.

Tanga Loa was at his best pretty bad and is broken down on top of it. He's even been in the wwe system. They know the guy isn't very good.

Like I know the Bloodline stuff has made lots of money but cmon

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

May be a play to insure they get Hikuleo which could do well in WWE despite some of his limitations

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

But I assume they do things like physicals

Chase has one of the worst looks ever and there are allegations he is creepy and hits on every woman he comes across. Purely in ring he is at worst solid enough. I dislike the guy but he's probably better in ring than kenta as things stand in 2024. His output this year has been fine.

Tanga Loa was at his best pretty bad and is broken down on top of it. He's even been in the wwe system. They know the guy isn't very good.

Like I know the Bloodline stuff has made lots of money but cmon

I honestly don't even think that's fair. There was a point where Chase was a pretty solid hand who was kind of the glue of Bullet Club, but everything he does now is just so drat dull. At least KENTA, for all his problems, still has presence and charisma, Owens is just blander than beige celery.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

I honestly don't even think that's fair. There was a point where Chase was a pretty solid hand who was kind of the glue of Bullet Club, but everything he does now is just so drat dull. At least KENTA, for all his problems, still has presence and charisma, Owens is just blander than beige celery.

Chase is boring and I'm not going to mount a rousing defence of chase owens but he's been reasonable in his opportunities this year.

But they are both better than Tanga Loa who would probably only be better than idk yujiro and jado. I'd actually rather watch honma

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Full card out for Resurgence. Added to what we knew are:

Ali vs Lio Rush on the preshow

DKC, Rocky and Ishii vs HOT (Perry, EVIL, Narita)

Tana vs ZSJ

TMDK vs GOD for the STRONG tag titles

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Some NJPW-adjacent news from the DDT show

El Desperado showed up and handed Danshoku Dieno an invitation to his produce show, looks like the main event will be House of Torture vs Pheromones, god help us

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

El Desperado showed up and handed Danshoku Dieno an invitation to his produce show, looks like the main event will be House of Torture vs Pheromones, god help us

Never went from excited to horrified so quick as I did watching that live.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

SG Bamboo posted:

looks like the main event will be House of Torture vs Pheromones, god help us

this feels like a ritual concocted specifically to annoy non-Japanese audiences

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

This is a war crime and I demand the Hague neutralize this threat immediately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

In better news ZSJ was also there seconding his good friend Chris Brookes, shame Fujita wasn't there for Zack and Chris to compare youngboys