Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Albino Squirrel posted:

When does the league announce the dates and times of the next round? I'm an idiot and want to spend a bunch of money to take my kids to an Oilers/Canucks game.

Will be out tomorrow in some form I bet, at the latest Sunday if VGK/DAL goes 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
im going to CUM in my OWN rear end

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Oh yay another all canada series so a team will get to the semis and cbc will be all i sufferable with "1983 is this the Nucks/Oilers year???" Every loving game

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Does the western conference start later if this goes to game 7? Or will Nucks/oilers start same time regardless given their both done?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I think Oilers Canucks schedule is waiting for whether the Leafs get to the next round

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

I’m pretty sure it starts on Tuesday. Can’t be Monday since there’s a concert at Rogers Arena

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Number19 posted:

I’m pretty sure it starts on Tuesday. Can’t be Monday since there’s a concert at Rogers Arena

It’s just as well, the CBC would probably want to keep a potential Maple Leafs/Panthers series on alternate days as Oilers/Canucks, and the Panthers are playing on Monday regardless of opponent.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Rangers/Canes starts Sunday at 4 pm ET

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
it’s probably a good thing for the Avs to get so much rest with the Stars/Knights going seven, but hopefully it won’t completely cool them off

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

It’s just as well, the CBC would probably want to keep a potential Maple Leafs/Panthers series on alternate days as Oilers/Canucks, and the Panthers are playing on Monday regardless of opponent.

I think it's Sportsnet now who actually owns the rights and holds the power in Canadian hockey media isn't it? They just kept CBC involved since people would get mad about the end of HNIC

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
As much as I would hate to see the leafs in the finals, a leafs canucks Stanley cup would absolutely leave at least one of the largest cities in Canada in ruins.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

heehee posted:

flames fans are 100% going to be rooting for the nucks. no question

I just threw up a little bit

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

AntiDepressor posted:

As much as I would hate to see the leafs in the finals, a leafs canucks Stanley cup would absolutely leave at least one of the largest cities in Canada in ruins.

Holy poo poo. Bettmans head would finally explode.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

sorry but it is pre-ordained that the corey perry team goes to the final.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

AntiDepressor posted:

¿Porqué no los dos?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I don’t think there’s a possible outcome tonight that is bad for me, as a Habs fan.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Make Marchand Cry Again

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Still gotta go with "Matthews comes back and is on ice for the series losing goal against" as the funniest possible outcome but I am game for whatever

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Call Your Grandma posted:

sorry but it is pre-ordained that the corey perry team goes to the final.

Sounds great!!!

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Still gotta go with "Matthews comes back and is on ice for the series losing goal against" as the funniest possible outcome but I am game for whatever

Likelihood is increasing!

https://x.com/dalter/status/1786778731727478966

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

It's cool that both fanbases must be full of dread today. Usually it's only one when there's a big game, while the other is at least somewhat excited.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mind_Taker posted:

It's cool that both fanbases must be full of dread today. Usually it's only one when there's a big game, while the other is at least somewhat excited.

Alls i asks is that it goes to 7OT and the game winning goal gets called back for being an inch offside and they have to finish the game after the handshake line.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Sad the series has to end, it's been a homer thrill ride

https://x.com/BradyTrett/status/1784403928790225322
https://x.com/LeafsNews/status/1786226960957370555

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Misanthrope posted:

I just threw up a little bit

but I mean he's not wrong.

we also get an extra 2nd rounder if the Canucks win this series.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

Powershift posted:

Alls i asks is that it goes to 7OT and the game winning goal gets called back for being an inch offside and they have to finish the game after the handshake line.

I would love to see a game decided by calling back a goal for an offsides that happened like 3 minutes before. Could be the catalyst we need to kill that dumb loving rule.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

Leafs forever :canada:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Gotta love how the first three games of the playoff series feature all these 7-6 and 6-3 scores, then once you get to game 6 it's 1-0 and 2-1 as far as the eye can see. This is definitely because defenders and goaltenders suddenly get much better and not at all because you suddenly can't get sent to the penalty box unless there's blood all over the ice or you shoot the puck over the glass.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Hey remember this SAS classic?

Pretty funny how you can just swap in some names and go

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

Hey remember this SAS classic?

Pretty funny how you can just swap in some names and go

Missing the Tucker heir to take over the dynasty after Naz and Bunting. Max and Bertuzzi have the bloodlines to be the crazy but good guy but haven't done anything unhinged yet. And Reaves can do the crazy but isn't good enough.

Edit: Darkhorse pick would be Robertson snapping and going on a rampage.

pseudodragon fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 4, 2024

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

Knies has been giving me big Tucker vibes this series and I like it

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Word going around is that Woll has some kind of injury/illness and is questionable for tonight. Samsonov might start.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Word going around is that Woll has some kind of injury/illness and is questionable for tonight. Samsonov might start.

lol & lmao

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*
At least Matthews looks to be back.. that's good right???

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Nairbo posted:

lol & lmao

https://x.com/puckreportnhl/status/1786887066644566505?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Can Matthews play goal? Maybe the Leafs should try that.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Autobots, Woll out

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Who's driving the Zamboni tonight?

did they bring some pads just in case?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I will forever be curious about why exactly it is that God enjoys loving with Leafs goalies so much.

Anyway Samsonov starting tonight guarantees Keefe will be back next season, again. Built-in excuse for losing game 7, team fought hard to force game 7 from 3-1 down, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
It could just as soon be the Leafs preferring injury-prone goalies so much also, if anyone remembers that draft pick whose groin kept exploding they took him with Swayman still on the board