Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I can’t find the recharger in the store. Other wise I’d get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

It would be in the shop under CAMP items -> Utility. It comes and goes in the atom shop. It is probably one of the better camp items to get if you are into power armor and/or heavy energy weapons. I can't tell when it is for sale because I already own it and the atom shop is weird.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Ok, I thought the small backpack could be increased by level, ie. 20, 30, etc. I'm over 50 and not in the game right now but I thought it was still level 20.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

It would be in the shop under CAMP items -> Utility. It comes and goes in the atom shop. It is probably one of the better camp items to get if you are into power armor and/or heavy energy weapons. I can't tell when it is for sale because I already own it and the atom shop is weird.

I got the re-charger earlier today and noticed it's really, really slow.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Paying2Lurk posted:

Going to max out my Settler rep and see if I can adjust my stealthy melee into a more tanky build. If not, then I'll start over to work on Raider rep. I'm "only" level 112 so if I do some West Tek and Event grinding I can get most of the way back there over the weekend.

Power armor gives a large bonus to melee power attacks so consider that

Kaddish posted:

Ok, I thought the small backpack could be increased by level, ie. 20, 30, etc. I'm over 50 and not in the game right now but I thought it was still level 20.

Yes you should craft a level 50 small backpack, it doesn't upgrade automatically. You start out with one that is the level your character was created at (e.g. you started at level 20, vs level 1).

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Hmm, ok. I couldn't find where to actually craft it - must be there somewhere and I'm missing it.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Kaddish posted:

I got the re-charger earlier today and noticed it's really, really slow.

It’s pretty slow but it can recharge 4 at a time while you are off doing whatever. I use power armor constantly and end up selling a lot of fusion cores. There is also an INT perk which makes power armor use less power if you are low on cores.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Are there damage thresholds for all events that are tied to rewards? Google turns up that SBQ has one but do other events also have thresholds?

I’ve been doing the alien invader one and I’m just running around tagging what I can but not sure if I need to be focused on doing more damage.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

drat Dirty Ape posted:

It’s pretty slow but it can recharge 4 at a time while you are off doing whatever. I use power armor constantly and end up selling a lot of fusion cores. There is also an INT perk which makes power armor use less power if you are low on cores.

The Legendary Perk, Electric Absorption, is what every PA user should have or, at the very least, focus on maxing out asap.

Not only do energy based hits on you recharge the core that's currently in your PA, they also heal you. It's basically god mode in all events with a bunch of laser mobs.

The current big hourly event is a walk in the park with it. You can literally idle between all those aliens and not die.

Books On Tape posted:

Are there damage thresholds for all events that are tied to rewards? Google turns up that SBQ has one but do other events also have thresholds?

I’ve been doing the alien invader one and I’m just running around tagging what I can but not sure if I need to be focused on doing more damage.

Not that I know of. The other 2 big bosses, Earle and the Ultracite Abomination, might have one as well but I don't think so since I get rewards even if I spawn in the moment the boss dies.

Normal event bosses just need to be shot once or twice for the game to register the tag and allow the looting.
If you are on a team it's often enough to just be within line of sight of the boss to get dips on whatever they carry on them but keep in mind that the large events are often a strain on the servers so make sure you get a couple of shots in, just to be safe.

Sensenmann fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 4, 2024

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Am I correct in assuming that the scrap and ammo boxes work like the ESO craft bag and I can retrieve stuff after cancelling my subscription?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Kaddish posted:

Hmm, ok. I couldn't find where to actually craft it - must be there somewhere and I'm missing it.

It's on the armor bench. Note that if/when you get a backpack mod with gold bullion you will need to craft it onto your equipped pack here too.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

SplitSoul posted:

Am I correct in assuming that the scrap and ammo boxes work like the ESO craft bag and I can retrieve stuff after cancelling my subscription?

That is correct. You can take out but not put anything in until you resub.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

jabro posted:

That is correct. You can take out but not put anything in until you resub.

Great. Filling it with tons of scrap so I never have to deal with that part again.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

kind of getting the itch to play again, stopped sometime after they added nuka world. Did they add any more space to storage again?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I think I’m done with 76. It’s fun to walk around and explore the world but the enemies just take too much damage, and I’m constantly out of resources. Combat takes way way way way too long.

E: A mission called Cheating Death threw 4 radscorpions at me in a cave. 350 rounds of 5.56 and 5 stimpacks later they’re dead and the NPC that needs to clear the way to the next area despawned. I’m done here.

Blue Raider fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 4, 2024

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

kind of getting the itch to play again, stopped sometime after they added nuka world. Did they add any more space to storage again?

I don't think they've ever raised it, at least not since I started playing (october 2021)

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Blue Raider posted:

I think I’m done with 76. It’s fun to walk around and explore the world but the enemies just take too much damage, and I’m constantly out of resources. Combat takes way way way way too long.

E: A mission called Cheating Death threw 4 radscorpions at me in a cave. 350 rounds of 5.56 and 5 stimpacks later they’re dead and the NPC that needs to clear the way to the next area despawned. I’m done here.

Get a good gun and stack perks that give it +damage and you shouldn't have any issues with monsters outside of Events. What level are you?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Megazver posted:

Get a good gun and stack perks that give it +damage and you shouldn't have any issues with monsters outside of Events. What level are you?

63. But tbh the game isn’t letting me play how I want to, and it’s steadily gotten less fun as I level up. I’ll probably roll another character in New Vegas instead.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Flesh Forge posted:

Power armor gives a large bonus to melee power attacks so consider that

Yeah, I've crafted some "good enough" armor to wear while I work on getting my Ultracite power armor decked out. Ditched the stealth armor for now and went with Secret Service underarmor. Crafted up some Combat armor pieces with decent mods and random 1-star perks.

Switched my perks to gunner and use my Final Word and Cold Shoulder to tag stuff in Events. Anything under 100 goes down pretty easily, too.

I'm ultimately aiming to copy Mr. West Tek's Auto Axe build but having fun messing around while I get all the parts together. Also building up my bullion to buy all the Secret Service plans. Want that jetpack.

Played through 4 public events, did a Daily Op and some Daily Quests so far with the new makeshift setup and having fun. Biggest thing I need to work on now is mutations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kinda hate that my carry weight in power armor is significantly less than without.
Crazy they don't at least factor in your backpack.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

excavator squad 4ever get in loser we got room for you

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

my garbo gauss pistol build

really annoying how you need like 25 agility perks to do it right

e: for the record the Fact Finder (Brotherhood quest reward .44 revolver 2-shot/explosive) does not compare well AT ALL to the gauss pistol

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 23:08 on May 4, 2024

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Man the disintegrator/weapon plans are stupid rare from that event and refuse to drop for me. I have all the parts unlocked but the weapons themselves refuse to drop :negative:.

I've been hitting the event pretty regularly on the hour, sometimes managing to hit the event twice by server hopping. Just give me my fun alien gun from Fallout 3, I loved that thing.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

What skill does the plasma gun actually use, aside from Science? I modded the Slug Buster with pistol grip/flamer barrel and it shows the same damage regardless of Gunslinger or Commando perks :confused:
e: aha, GUERILLA :blastu:
e: oh man this is DELIGHTFUL :allears:

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 4, 2024

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
So I just checked again and I don't have a backpack plan of any kind in armor crafting. Did I miss it somehow?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hakarne posted:

Man the disintegrator/weapon plans are stupid rare from that event and refuse to drop for me. I have all the parts unlocked but the weapons themselves refuse to drop :negative:.

I got 2 of them lol

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

lol I just got the disintegrator cryo receiver on the one that just ended

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Did someone post recommended chem pricing earlier? I wanna offload some chems, but it's hard to find updated info on what's good pricing.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Kaddish posted:

So I just checked again and I don't have a backpack plan of any kind in armor crafting. Did I miss it somehow?

You should have gotten one right at the start, the basic backpack which gets better every 10 levels or so.
It's under accessories or something similar in the crafting window.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

They moved the backpack plans to the Overseer's Camp by The Wayward, inside the Overseer's cache.

Once learned, craft the Small Backpack from the Armor workbench -> Crafting -> Backpack

You'll want to craft higher level ones every 10 levels, up to 50.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Blue Raider posted:

63. But tbh the game isn’t letting me play how I want to, and it’s steadily gotten less fun as I level up. I’ll probably roll another character in New Vegas instead.

the survival mode nature of the game sucks at those levels I can't blame people for bouncing off it

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Paying2Lurk posted:

Also building up my bullion to buy all the Secret Service plans. Want that jetpack.

if that's all you want I wouldn't waste time on the SS just do the atlantic city content for the civil engineer armor and stamp grind

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

sauer kraut posted:

You should have gotten one right at the start, the basic backpack which gets better every 10 levels or so.
It's under accessories or something similar in the crafting window.

I scrapped mine on accident lmao

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I think I must have, too. Not sure how I did that, but I don't have it. Next time I'm on I'm going to check that stash again, maybe it's in there and I just never picked it up.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

I scrapped mine on accident lmao

It's okay you're supposed to craft better ones, the plan location is 5 posts up.
Yeah the game should really make this more obvious, missing out on 40 carry cap if you forget about it is :smith:

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Lol, yep, I never picked it up. Not sure how I missed that!

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

CelticPredator posted:

I got 2 of them lol

Yeah I've gotten like 3 duplicates... of the receivers. Which the wiki says rare plans get filtered out of the drop table once you learn them but lol nope. It'd be nice if it just randomly cycled through plans but wouldn't drop duplicates until you got everything for some bad luck protection. I hate RNGesus

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm getting quite annoyed at having to swap my build between combat and crafting.
I can't tell you how often I jump to an event and do no damage and die repeatedly.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

probably only slightly more often than when you do remember to change, bitch

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
You know you can put those SPECIAL respec things in your camps right? Real cheap, too.
Switching from combat to craft/vendor to home improvement and back to combat becomes second nature.

Bonus tip: make a copy of your commando spec, but squeeze in rank 3 of the 'cripple limbs with rifles' card.
I know it looks like weak poo poo and messes up your stuff, but it's really important for boss fights like the queen that *someone* take care of the wings (it's probably gonna be you)

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 04:29 on May 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You know it's pretty weird how Nate/Nora just leave their spouse down in Vault 111 with the door open so they can bring their companions down to visit a corpse. You'd think they'd at least want to do a proper burial.