Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Are there even any actual reputable pro wrestling news outlets? Most just seem to be people who collate social media posts or make review podcasts you have to spend $5 to listen to.

yes, but this forum banned him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Ringo Roadagain posted:

yes, but this forum banned him

lol

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

How long was he in the bathroom for?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He meant to send that to his lawyer

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Did anyone else catch CM Punk saying some awkward things about Samoans in the pre-show? Something about how people don't call them savages because they wear grass skirts but because they break fingers and pluck out eyeballs, and then something about Paul Heyman being a white guy surrounded by a bunch of Samoans. It obviously wasn't ill intentioned, and was certainly not the worst way the WWE has ever presented Samoans, but Big E was definitely looking at him like wtf are you talking about.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Did anyone else catch CM Punk saying some awkward things about Samoans in the pre-show? Something about how people don't call them savages because they wear grass skirts but because they break fingers and pluck out eyeballs, and then something about Paul Heyman being a white guy surrounded by a bunch of Samoans. It obviously wasn't ill intentioned, and was certainly not the worst way the WWE has ever presented Samoans, but Big E was definitely looking at him like wtf are you talking about.

I didn't see that, but I did catch his awkward jabs at Drew McIntyre

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

He wouldn't have been locked in the bathroom if he just pissed in a bottle like The Rock

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Punk is a Cornette guy so this checks out.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Is it obvious?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

rotinaj posted:

POST wrestling and anyone who john pollock works with except wei ting

Not fightful or wrestling observer?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

we’ll know if punk is getting himself into trouble once he starts wearing the women’s rights t shirts again

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

MJeff posted:

Is it obvious?

I just took it as him trying to put them over as tough guys and saying some unfortunate things that crossed the line because he's a loving idiot.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mr Hootington posted:

Not fightful or wrestling observer?

Weirdly, I did not type a single word about fightful or the wrestling observer

If you must take that as me being negative about them, you go right ahead

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

rotinaj posted:

Weirdly, I did not type a single word about fightful or the wrestling observer

If you must take that as me being negative about them, you go right ahead

Ok. I'll just ignore what you listed originally. I don't think you are being truthful.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
Thinking back, Cody kicking out of the burning hammer at 1 was funny

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/fuckjackperry/status/1786875782444507631

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Trapped in the Closet Bathroom

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Triple H gets huffy and irritable whenever he gets even slightly pressed live by someone he doesn't control. he's very obviously got this idea that he's a great media guy but only if it's fanboy wieners asking why he's so great at his job. back around the Royal Rumble his response to being asked about the lawsuit was a smarmy "I haven't read it, and we're having a great week." he couldn't give a form answer about Gulak without getting pissy about it. if a decent amount of these dingdongs actually pushed him it would be incredible but almost all of them are just excited to be there

"oh poo poo, they're one of the clowns that Legentil feeds poo poo to, take that back and send them a cheeseboard"

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

That's why they locked him in the bathroom

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

That's why they locked him in the bathroom

I thought it was because he's CM Poop

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
BM Dump

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

:hmmyes:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Whoolighams posted:

Triple H gets huffy and irritable whenever he gets even slightly pressed live by someone he doesn't control. he's very obviously got this idea that he's a great media guy but only if it's fanboy wieners asking why he's so great at his job. back around the Royal Rumble his response to being asked about the lawsuit was a smarmy "I haven't read it, and we're having a great week." he couldn't give a form answer about Gulak without getting pissy about it. if a decent amount of these dingdongs actually pushed him it would be incredible but almost all of them are just excited to be there

"oh poo poo, they're one of the clowns that Legentil feeds poo poo to, take that back and send them a cheeseboard"

Just look back at how he handled Velveteen Dream.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ringo Roadagain posted:

for real though whats the deal with this answer? is it actually a savvy response because maybe admitting that one of your workers sexually harassed another one of your workers might open you up to some legal poo poo? or is triple h just a loving moron? like I would think a good response would be how things are different now and this sort of behavior will no longer be tolerated under the new management.
'we cannot answer questions about that individual at this time'

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Whoolighams posted:

Yeah he likes to think he’s a cool guy. He spent so much time being Nash and Halls DD that he began thinking he was cool too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tanga loas gimmick is his stand, [KING CRIMSON], which lets him skip moments in time

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The funny thing is it was a more soft ball question than the Royal Rumble one and he still hasn't learned any media savvy to answer it. Guy is gonna continue to do press conferences like this and I imagine one day they'll let Pollock/Thurston ask a question and whelp

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Has Jey Uso actually had good solo matches, or is he just insanely over while being a boring wrestler?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Have some loving shame Sean, christ.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

Rhonne posted:

All he had to say was "yes, he was released and I cannot comment any further at this time." Why does he have to get so mad over it?

Because he's the same guy who has convinced himself that he was the driving force behind the success of the Attitude Era onwards. Also, on at least one occasion he tried to curry favor with the crowd after losing at Wrestlemania only to get chants along the lines of, "Na na na, na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye." The mere suggestion that Trips could possibly be to blame for something irritates him.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

And another thing. He’s not mad at newspaper. Don’t say that he’s mad at my newspaper

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The funny thing is it was a more soft ball question than the Royal Rumble one and he still hasn't learned any media savvy to answer it. Guy is gonna continue to do press conferences like this and I imagine one day they'll let Pollock/Thurston ask a question and whelp

Thurston gets to ask questions relatively frequently, actually.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MJeff posted:

Just look back at how he handled Velveteen Dream.

Or Bill DeMott.

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

is he just insanely over while being a boring wrestler?

Roman's Trick.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

That DICK! posted:

i dont know what the gently caress dave is saying but i know he's 100% on the money

I'm a little confused about why everyone is so pissed off

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Has Jey Uso actually had good solo matches, or is he just insanely over while being a boring wrestler?

he is the definition of catchphrase over

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

He said Yeet a lot. That's basically it.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Tanga Loa 619.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Caught up on the PPV & can confidently say that KO is what happens when you mix Stone Cold with Sam Kinison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lid posted:

Tanga Loa 619.

That's my pueblo!