Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
i dont think the stick even touched his skate but tapping a skate with a stick and that guy falling down isnt tripping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I do like Swayman giving him some reassuring taps... like "there there buddy, we're okay"

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

blue squares posted:

Get the gently caress out of here… guys didn’t wear any helmets at all during hockey in 1959? What the hell. That’s lunacy

Craig Mactavish was skating around with his big dumb head exposed well into the 90s

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006

Koopa Kid posted:

Perfectly as in, stick into skates, shove on the back to send him over

https://x.com/tictactomar/status/1786936359493816380?s=46&t=HQKtcRjDK4S81BLV4tbVnw

But I wouldn’t mind the no-call regardless if they hadn’t just called two pillow-soft plays for each team

you need glasses my dude

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

lots a people around having a very normal time with this game. I'm perfectly calm, let me tell you.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I do like Swayman giving him some reassuring taps... like "there there buddy, we're okay"

that was adorable. goalies are the best :3:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

blue squares posted:

Get the gently caress out of here… guys didn’t wear any helmets at all during hockey in 1959? What the hell. That’s lunacy

The last season a player played without a helmet was 1996/7

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Not liking the fast open hockey of the past few minutes, that's where Samsonov loses his net

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
I’m sure the team with 15 loser points this season should have no problem closing out a tight game

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

blue squares posted:

It was also a rule that was grandfathered in so there were helmetless players into the 90s.

Goalies didnt even wear masks for a very, very long time

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ace Jameson posted:

you need glasses my dude

Again, the refs called a tap on Domi’s back and a tap on the stick of Pastrnak, you telling me that play was cleaner and less impactful than those?

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

blue squares posted:

weren't mandatory for new players until the 79-80 season.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006

Koopa Kid posted:

Again, the refs called a tap on Domi’s back and a tap on the stick of Pastrnak, you telling me that play was cleaner and less impactful than those?

he got the puck! it was insanely clean go back and slow it down lmao, this is not even controversial

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

There are still guys in the league that don't have to wear visors right?

I feel like maybe 1 or 2 at least

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Athletes are dumbasses

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

HOLY gently caress posted:

that was adorable. goalies are the best :3:

Hoping for a goalie hug after this game because I don't want that to be over :(

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

This game is going to be 0-0 in OT and the Leafs will score a goal when the puck deflects off Matthews’ butt while he shits his pants.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school

Dinosaur Gum
The teams will explode for 8 goals total next period, but it will 4-4 into the 4th overtime

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

Jamie Benn

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ace Jameson posted:

he got the puck! it was insanely clean go back and slow it down lmao, this is not even controversial

Yeah, and Pastrnak wasn’t hooked on the hands either, my point is that the jumpy refs have been calling nonsense and so it’s annoying that this time they showed restraint when it’s against a great Leafs chance. Also as was already pointed out: getting the puck first isn’t supposed to negate penalties anymore

Like everyone always says, all we want is consistency

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Reaves and Benn don't wear visors, not sure about anyone else.

Edit: Scratch that, Reaves started wearing one? Ryan O'Reilly doesn't wear a visor

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006

Koopa Kid posted:

Yeah, and Pastrnak wasn’t hooked on the hands either, my point is that the jumpy refs have been calling nonsense and so it’s annoying that this time they showed restraint when it’s against a great Leafs chance. Also as was already pointed out: getting the puck first isn’t supposed to negate penalties anymore

Like everyone always says, all we want is consistency

it wasn’t a penalty

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I swear Reaves doesn’t, but maybe he switched?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

blue squares posted:

Athletes are dumbasses

ain't that the truth

how many people on your teams do you all remember wearing neck protectors after Adam Johnson died this year?
I can only remember 2 on the penguins (Rust and Carter)

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ace Jameson posted:

it wasn’t a penalty

Good job reading bud

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Brad Marchand rly has a nose for the net

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Boston has one of the best organists and one of the worst goal songs I hate it here

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I think I'll just poo poo my pants now if that's okay.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

blue squares posted:

It literally took a player dying for that rule to change

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Good chance the story of this game is Marner skating forward instead of stopping on this play

https://x.com/tictactomar/status/1786931878945267994?s=46&t=HQKtcRjDK4S81BLV4tbVnw

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

The third period has been cancelled. Both teams lose. The Habs will face the Panthers in the second round

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school

Dinosaur Gum

stab posted:

It literally took a player dying for that rule to change

Wasn't it worse in football? Something like 12 people died in one year before they mandated helmets

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
What the gently caress is this infinite Burger King commercial

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
why do i keep seeing doug ford

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
lookin for a pat maroon garbage goal early on

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Boston's forwards are poo poo, and I really don't understand their record these past two years.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Nairbo posted:

why do i keep seeing doug ford

Are you sure you're not dead and in Hell? Because that kinda sounds like Hell to me.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

codo27 posted:

The third period has been cancelled. Both teams lose. The Habs will face the Panthers in the second round

Tough but fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

That was sick lol