Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Unless you're in a country where the PSN isn't available, literally just make a burner PSN account. The game is fantastic and I think most of us would agree that you'll get many hours of fun out of it for a couple of minutes of faffing about with PSN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
This whole thing has been funny to me cause I linked my account day one and forgot I even was asked to until this whole thing happened.

Anyway I'm really curious what the next major order is gonna be considering there's still a planet sitting there covered top to bottom in bug steroid clouds.

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

STE loving owns, I hadn't heard about the updates, I'll probably reinstall too. It's so chaotic, it captures the film perfectly imo

STE does own. It could use a heavy dose of the film's satire like HD 2. I love some of the Frankenstein-bases randos build. "This is what we're going with? Well alright."

quote:

just play it, it's really good imo

I probably will tbh. First few matches were rough with teammates grappling with my new rear end trying to learn on the fly while everyone else were well oiled democracy machines. I'm just laughing at myself for buying the "Super Citizen" version immediately before this because lol! As far as Sony knows I'm the Korben Dallas.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

DiomedesGodshill posted:

Goddammit that's hilarious! :five:

I literally just bought it before this poo poo show. I'm still in the refund window and actually considering it. I really liked how heavily the writing leans into the silliness of "managed democracy." How funny that life imitates art.

the game is genuinely incredible and you should play the hell out of it. do not fall into the trap of being swayed by mouthbreathing redditors who unironically compare protesting PSN linking to the struggles of Rosa Parks

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah just play. The next few story beats should be fun, and the Illuminate faction should be that far off an appearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCbfMkh940Q

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Godshill? More like Good Shill amirite

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
yeah the galaxy map is looking like the board is just about set for the real game to begin

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Everyone forgot about Chooe

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Why is my brain automatically reading this in the voice of the Codex narrator from Mass Effect

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

DiomedesGodshill posted:

Goddammit that's hilarious! :five:

I literally just bought it before this poo poo show. I'm still in the refund window and actually considering it. I really liked how heavily the writing leans into the silliness of "managed democracy." How funny that life imitates art.

Big achievement of this game is how it ties its own lore into player choices. DRG does this well too but thats largely restricted to the hub, this one is fun in that even teamkilling is basically part of its aesthetic package.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

game is good. thread sucks poo poo.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

I support Managed Sony Democracy

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

⬆️➡️⬇️⬇️⬇️ this whole thread

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

By disabling the terminid control system we enabled the playstation control one. We weren't out playing sony, we weren't even on the same board.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

yeah the galaxy map is looking like the board is just about set for the real game to begin

Story spoilers:

You are correct. We collapse Meridia into a singularity and the Illuminate go YO WHAT THE gently caress. I'm super hype

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

Drone_Fragger posted:

By disabling the terminid control system we enabled the playstation control one. We weren't out playing sony, we weren't even on the same board.

woah, im surprised the dataminers didn't warn us for this story beat, damnit Joel you did it again! :argh:

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

The Illuminate can't come soon enough, my friend group has largely moved on but I'm still playing every day. Need to reel em back in

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I enjoy playing the game and don't mind making an account or whatever as long as I don't have to download another launcher

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Unless you're in a country where the PSN isn't available, literally just make a burner PSN account. The game is fantastic and I think most of us would agree that you'll get many hours of fun out of it for a couple of minutes of faffing about with PSN.

You can’t buy the game on Steam on those countries anymore either. This whole situation sucks

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Sony is the best we got. Under Sony's competent leadership good cultural products are made. Imagine what it would be liked if we lived in a Managed Microsoft Democracy :barf: . Would you rather be playing Redfall right now. Don't let perfect be the enemy of good ya'll.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Microsoft bought out Chris Roberts and fired him so they could release Freelancer only three years late instead of never so it's impossible to say if they're bad or not

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Legitimate issue or not, I'd prefer if large publishers didn't hold a product I bought hostage in order to tell me what to do.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Homeless Friend posted:

Right, wrong. I don't care about that crap. I'm just a rampant opportunist who wants my $40 back. This is like a resurrection style miracle if it happens lol. Refundjitsu.

Godspeed honest goon.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
It is perfectly fine to either think this is no big deal (though I think that's disingenuous considering how many countries are being excluded) or to think it is a big deal, but please stop trying to score points off each other about it. Not aimed at anyone in particular. Thank you.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Infinitum posted:

Yeah just play. The next few story beats should be fun, and the Illuminate faction should be that far off an appearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCbfMkh940Q

Yeah game still good. You can drop a negative review and keep playing. Or don't, do what makes you happy. Story beat seems good

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.

This is legit the only good thing to come out of this nonsense. Just click some buttons team

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Bottom Liner posted:

sony and psn suck poo poo but im still killing bugs and laughing at all the idiots involved

how does it feel, knowing you somehow have less intregity then those "gooners" that didn't buy stellar blade after the censorship was revealed

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Orange Crush Rush posted:

how does it feel, knowing you somehow have less intregity then those "gooners" that didn't buy stellar blade after the censorship was revealed

sssshhhh

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Im having fun playing :evilbuddy:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1cknano/helldivers_ceo_i_dont_know_damn/

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 5, 2024

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lmfao

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

This dude is bad at his job. Not even a “we’re working with Sony towards a resolution for players in countries where PSN is not supported.” lmao

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Dren posted:

This dude is bad at his job. Not even a “we’re working with Sony towards a resolution for players in countries where PSN is not supported.” lmao

https://twitter.com/Pilestedt/status/1787073896560165299

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Dren posted:

nah I like him

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Dren posted:

Come Monday morning, he'll be replaced by a corpo automaton shill just you wait. It would be funny as poo poo if they did somehow roll this into their online LARPing.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Dren posted:

means the same thing

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Dren posted:

He's honestly been a solid line of communication since launch, I've had him followed for a while actually. Him saying "I don't know" isn't him bad at the job, it's the CEO of Arrowhead saying it's not his decision in the least corpo-polite speak possible.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Oh drat they knew for six months before launch that it'd be necessary but didn't alert players in those countries that they were merely renting. This is genuinely hilarious, what a dumb sequence of events, why is everything so stupid

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Can't believe you've broken OpSec to talk about the hidden cooler Goon Squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
https://twitter.com/Pilestedt/status/1787076609188483254