Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

:five:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

graph posted:

it's not even absurdist it's just stupid

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

lmao

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Kojima :3:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

even shitface makes good posts from time to time

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

graph posted:

it's not even absurdist it's just stupid

i have always felt like it's something i should like but i just can't grab the thing that would make it funny for me.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNJ1RHUnX9s

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
holy lol

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:gowron:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

:syoon:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

that one was a pain in the rear end. I forgot that hdcp was a thing and spent some time trying and failing to cap the Netflix video. I don't have a :filez: setup so I just built the whole thing out of the one static image posted

FPS_Sage
Oct 25, 2007

This was a triumph
Gun Saliva

shitface posted:

that one was a pain in the rear end. I forgot that hdcp was a thing and spent some time trying and failing to cap the Netflix video. I don't have a :filez: setup so I just built the whole thing out of the one static image posted

one of the all time great moose milkies, well done

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

FPS_Sage posted:

one of the all time great moose milkies, well done

:tipshat:

I genuinely have fun making them. motivates me to open up the software and play and I always learn a little something :)

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
https://tacobelllabs.net/@nkizz/112386029443111751

quote:

the first rule of pinouts is to have fun

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

lmao nice

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

spookykid posted:

You were pretty close, to get that "white" marking on anodized aluminum I run a 750mm spd/45khz freq/37% power setting.

Yeah 15000mm/sec is wayyyyy outside of real-usage specs on this head, I personally never go much higher than 6000, above that is where you really start to see massive edge distortion due to the mirrors jiggling when they start their line returns. You CAN ameliorate that by messing with your Jump/TC settings, but any mm/sec speed increase you'd get there would be lost by making sure the mirrors stop shaking by slowing down your Jump/TC.

The Laser Everything guys did what I consider one of the most definitive timing settings videos on the internet, they not only get into the hows of setting up your timings, but they also get pretty deep into the whys. The video is by nature pretty dry, but if you've bought a galvo laser I consider it one of the most important videos you can watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFvbrNnvijo

E: the Laser Everything guys' "Lightburn for Galvo Crash Course" is a pretty incredible series that I would recommend anyone getting into galvo lasers watch, even if you are slightly hesitant in paying the $160 for a Lightburn Galvo key: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoBR3k35202Yjc1yMfPZsY8EDh_pmcaa2

thanks for that; ordered a BJJCZ control board and an ebay galvo head with colimator (scanlab hurryscan 25) for a third of what my laser guy was quoting new. gonna try some laser foil printing too!

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

fins posted:

thanks for that; ordered a BJJCZ control board and an ebay galvo head with colimator (scanlab hurryscan 25) for a third of what my laser guy was quoting new. gonna try some laser foil printing too!

What software will this setup run? I don't particularly like EzCAD, but for all intents and purposes it's useable software, just very much showing it's age (I think the last update for EzCADv2 was in 2006), and can be very clunky in a lot of ways (every preset has it's own separate Jump/TC, instead of being able to set it universally, some settings are very cryptically labeled or hidden, etc).

Lightburn is far superior in ease of use and versatility, and if your setup can run it, it's ABSOLUTELY worth the $160 price point.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

shitface posted:

it gives it a real classic adult swim era vibes

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

spookykid posted:

What software will this setup run? I don't particularly like EzCAD, but for all intents and purposes it's useable software, just very much showing it's age (I think the last update for EzCADv2 was in 2006), and can be very clunky in a lot of ways (every preset has it's own separate Jump/TC, instead of being able to set it universally, some settings are very cryptically labeled or hidden, etc).

Lightburn is far superior in ease of use and versatility, and if your setup can run it, it's ABSOLUTELY worth the $160 price point.

grabbed a lightburn license too, but may homebrew something based off of https://github.com/opengalvo/OPAL
and some rhino/grasshopper stuff

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Tidying the garden for the first time this year, discovered this well-placed fellow

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Tidying the garden for the first time this year, discovered this well-placed fellow

owns, but uh, that's your own garden? how did you miss something that big lol

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

did the snail just crawl up there?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it probably didn't fly

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Eeyo posted:

did the snail just crawl up there?

Yeah, I was surprised how he must have got all the way up there, especially as the flamingos have thin metal legs.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Cordyceps is a hell of a drug

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

met this guy last week. the dogs were very interested

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

jeebus bob posted:

Cordyceps is a hell of a drug

is that what they give to rock climbers?

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

NoneMoreNegative posted:

man, i love spooky 'mingos so much

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

psiox posted:

man, i love spooky 'mingos so much

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
man, RIP Frank Stella :(

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Cat Face Joe posted:

met this guy last week. the dogs were very interested

how did your dogs react to the snail? and if your dogs talk, what did they say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Good Sphere posted:

how did your dogs react to the snail? and if your dogs talk, what did they say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV0edD_Gsw8