Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

protomexican
May 1, 2009
Orks are the one faction where you can just glue some plasticard spikes and rivets on a Dollar Tree toy car and it looks like an official model. Mek Gunz are >$1/pt now. Those are Admech prices!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=xr9RE9qX_2Q&si=xkvU-8goOsxSetJ9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

protomexican posted:

Orks are the one faction where you can just glue some plasticard spikes and rivets on a Dollar Tree toy car and it looks like an official model. Mek Gunz are >$1/pt now. Those are Admech prices!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=xr9RE9qX_2Q&si=xkvU-8goOsxSetJ9

Orkz vehicle kits should consist of one other random vehicle kit from another faction, a bag full of grots and glyphs, and a big hammer.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Any idea when the CSM codex is coming out?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Whenever GW mentions in the weekly preview. v:v:v
They are incredibly tight lipped about it.

Might be next weekend, might not.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

The Demilich posted:

Does anyone know what a Custodes armor thrall looks like? I can't find any pics

Probably like Helbrecht and Grimaldus' l'il buddies. Might be less servitor-ized. Or more. It likely depends on how much the particular Custode likes their thralls.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Super Waffle posted:

Yeah

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Super Waffle posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/05/05/sunday-preview-feel-the-power-of-the-chaos-space-marines/

Hey guess what goes up for pre-order next weekend. :v:

Then there's also a bunch of Orks and Tau on MtO as well.

drat it, efb.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
holy poo poo Captain Badrukk!!!!

is he still legal in game?! I love how he looks!

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Does that mean we'll get announcements for what's coming next? Summer/Autumn 2024?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

No new road map for a while longer, there's still the GSC and SoB codexes left, outside of the Imperial Agents [REDACTED] one.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

holy poo poo Captain Badrukk!!!!

is he still legal in game?!

Not anymore.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Cooked Auto posted:

No new road map for a while longer, there's still the GSC and SoB codexes left, outside of the Imperial Agents [REDACTED] one.

Were those actually announced?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

3 Action Economist posted:

Does that mean we'll get announcements for what's coming next? Summer/Autumn 2024?

There's a preview event confirmed for AOS on May 16/17th, and that may well cover other game systems since we're running out of things to release. Wouldn't be surprised to hear more about that tomorrow.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

3 Action Economist posted:

Were those actually announced?

Not formally, no. But they're on the docket at least.

xtothez posted:

There's a preview event confirmed for AOS on May 16/17th, and that may well cover other game systems since we're running out of things to release. Wouldn't be surprised to hear more about that tomorrow.

Feels like that one is going to be the one they did for 10th ed and Leviathan so not sure if they'll do any other systems on it.
But we're probably due for a preview stream after AoS 4th is out or squeaking closer to release.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/05/05/sunday-preview-feel-the-power-of-the-chaos-space-marines/

Hey guess what goes up for pre-order next weekend. :v:

Then there's also a bunch of Orks and Tau on MtO as well.

drat it, efb.

Oh snap, great timing! So pre order start this Saturday, with regular release a week after?

Also is that a new cultist character (with an old model)??

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Probably two week preorder period which is the new norm.

Also yeah, it's a new character with a D6+3 S5 Heavy Flamer which is not bad to give Cultists extra bite.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
That new cultist character is just the big cultist with the flamethrower from the Blackstone Fortress "Cultists of the Abyss" box. Not sure if it's new tooling; I thought I'd picked that box up at some point but I guess I never did.

EDIT: Found pics. No new tooling; he was on a separate sprue in that box as well.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Might be a new tooling if its stand alone like that, feels like it was baked into the rest of the units otherwise.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I am feeling kinda tempted by that special edition cover

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Nazzadan posted:

I am feeling kinda tempted by that special edition cover

It'll sell out in approx 10 seconds so you'll have to commit.

e: I called my local GW store and they said they're letting people in early to camp on their in store terminal which doesn't have to wait in the webstore queue so that's an option maybe

Eej fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 5, 2024

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Word, I'll see if my shop could let me do that one

Nothing But Hate
Oct 7, 2006
When night falls, she covers the world, in impenetrable darkness

Eej posted:

So the main gimmick of Ironstorm is Mercy Is Weakness + Target Augury Web. Mercy is Weakness gives you Sustained 1 against enemies below starting strength and if your chosen unit is a vehicle it lowers Crit rolls to 5+. Target Augury Web gives vehicles in range Lethal Hits so the chosen vehicle getting targeted with this is critting on 5s, meaning each of those 5s is automatically wounding and also triggering an extra attack. So you chip away at a target with one vehicle then you use Mercy is Weakness on your RepEx or Redemptor and just light up whatever you target. However, if you only have one RepEx and one Redemptor it means that as the game progresses and you lose units you lose targets for Mercy Is Weakness (let's say they smoked your RepEx or it can't get a good shot off this turn). If you had redundant RepExes then you would just target them with Mercy is Weakness.

Basically for Ironstorm the more you can press the Mercy Is Weakness button for good effect the closer you are to winning.

Thank you for the explanation. I know the gimmick well, but I see your point about having more vehicles to use it on and I am looking to add more in the future

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Cross post from the conversions thread

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Been trying various ways to integrate wound counters into a miniature base and I feel like this is turning out pretty well. Got custom cut MDF dials from an eBay seller, dropped a magnet in the centre hole and the bottom of the base, and cut the edge away from the base for the dial to show through.

And it does spin!

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Man that made to order Wyvern is cool as poo poo. I want all the mto Orks because both of em will work well with my 40k army but the prices are bonkers and even more expensive in the US. The Wyvern Shaman is £50, or approximately $62, but when it’s $80 when you switch regions to the US

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/05/06/the-mortal-realms-reforged-the-full-reveal-of-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-is-coming/

Turns out I was wrong, but also right in a way, because we're getting not one but two reveal streams next weekend.

Although tbf, the second feels very much like "Sorry for leaving the 40k players out". :v:

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Who is more downtrodden than the 40K gamer with multiple different releases a month.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Well you know how Space Marine players can be, if they don't get attention or a new model after a while they just get sulky.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Thank you for seeing us

Decorus
Aug 26, 2015

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Cross post from the conversions thread

That's a cool design! Does it maintain position well? Some of my magnetized upgrades are so light that they'll spin on their axis a bit too easily.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

Well you know how Space Marine players can be, if they don't get attention or a new model after a while they just get sulky.

Maybe this time the Aeldari players can get a new model instead. As a treat.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

We already got our new models this decade, we aren't due until the 30s at least.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

Maybe this time the Drukhari players can get a new model instead. As a treat.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I'm starting to realize that I'd be happier if I got some Kommandos and Ghaz and not think about what a competitive list looks like.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Decorus posted:

That's a cool design! Does it maintain position well? Some of my magnetized upgrades are so light that they'll spin on their axis a bit too easily.

Fairly well, yes - I made sure that each magnet is flush with the hole it's mounted in at both sides so there's a bit of friction between the disc and the underside of the base, and that stops them spinning too freely.

I've got them in a few different sizes and going up to different numbers so I can use them for any base size from 25mm up.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Cooked Auto posted:

Although tbf, the second feels very much like "Sorry for leaving the 40k players out". :v:

Well based on rumours 40k probably won't see much more than the new GSC/Sisters character models & codexes, and possibly a peek at the Imperial Agents book. The main thing I want to see is just an updated roadmap.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

AndyElusive posted:

Didn't you guys JUST get a striking scorpions plastic kit?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah, I figure there won't be much ground breaking stuff during it. Aside from maybe the Necromunda one where they only had the vaguest of teasers last time.

And I don't think we'll see a new roadmap until late summer, the cutting point for showing that off would be before/around GSC or Agents books.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
Has anyone bought Battle Foam storage/transportation bags/kits? Any thoughts?

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

Good for chunky armies with no spiky bits. The spikes have a tendency to catch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

I had a really good foam kit for my Sisters, but I've since bought their magnetic trays and just gone that route. It's way better overall.