Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Cartoon Man posted:

I lol at Samsonov like the rest of us but like I secretly wish him success too. He’s a Cap and a Hershey Bear and didn’t deserve that loss last night. This gonna gently caress him up in the head even more.

Even more than playing for the Leafs ?!?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Does anybody have the video feed of the Leafs watch party when they lost? I need to inject that poo poo right into my veins.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Lol leafs

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Is it normal these days for playoff rounds to have overlapping game days? Maybe I've just blanked on it in recent years but it used to be that rounds had to be fully played out before the next one, right, or am I just losing my mind?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Habibi posted:

Is it normal these days for playoff rounds to have overlapping game days? Maybe I've just blanked on it in recent years but it used to be that rounds had to be fully played out before the next one, right, or am I just losing my mind?

Tbh dont remember but I guess since its game 7 they can map out both possible series schedules and there arent any conflicts? Also wanting round 2 game 1 on a Sunday afternoon during a big drinking holiday?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Habibi posted:

Pretty sure they used to be a stickler in waiting for the rounds to end, but logistically it doesnt make sense to wait anymore.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'd imagine the Knicks being in the playoffs also makes things a little more complicated for the Rangers

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

I lol at Samsonov like the rest of us but like I secretly wish him success too. Hes a Cap and a Hershey Bear and didnt deserve that loss last night. This gonna gently caress him up in the head even more.

He seems like a nice guy but he was bad all year, was bad for the Caps, and hes 27. I dont think theres much more development runway left for him.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Cartoon Man posted:

I lol at Samsonov like the rest of us but like I secretly wish him success too. Hes a Cap and a Hershey Bear and didnt deserve that loss last night. This gonna gently caress him up in the head even more.

He took like five years off my lifespan when he played for the caps.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Does anybody have the video feed of the Leafs watch party when they lost? I need to inject that poo poo right into my veins.

A new one for last night or the classic?

Heres the classic 2013 one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8GCH5qf9IY

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

HookShot posted:

He took like five years off my lifespan when he played for the caps.

Truly not a murder mystery.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Vancouver v Edmonton for Canada's team

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Habibi posted:

It's a new thing this year. It's also why the Eastern teams ended the regular season one day before Western teams, and why the playoffs started two days earlier in the Eastern Conference.

The idea is that any Game 7 can have more of a spotlight if it has a night to itself, instead of a Game 7 doubleheader or something. So, a West Game 7 can be played after an East Game 1, so that Game 7 can capture all of the attention at night and in case of overtime.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Cartoon Man posted:

This is the main one I've seen floating around

https://twitter.com/hawk954/status/1657344929922707458?t=Ej2LoM10CJUcc4pPgvBa9w&s=19

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Amidst the rookies losing their minds stands a veteran presence. He's been there before. He will be there again. This he knows.

Hockey....hockey never changes.

Habibi fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 5, 2024

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Habibi posted:

Amidst the rookies losing their minds stands a veteran presence. He's been there before. He will be there again. This he knows.

Hang that in a museum.

(And save it for next seasons OP)

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

That's from last year, look at the date. But I do love how there's such a great number of those shots. Warms my heart.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
it's the only thing I can get joy from now. I've had a few days to think about it and there's a real silver lining to Edmonton and Vancouver playing each other. one of them is guaranteed to lose and some of my friends will cry

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
Regardless of the outcome, Calgary is still the Flames

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Habibi posted:

Lol this is a good one

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

If Rielly wasn't loving coasting he can pretty easily break that up.

Man I hate that dude's game.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Nybble posted:

so about the thread title

It is my magnum opus

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I was pretty vocal about wanting Rielly moved instead of extending him, and while he signed for less than I thought he might that still might be the worst long-term contract on the team. Hes a rover at best, and best hope is that Keefe going ultra-conservative is what neutered his offensive contributions and maybe a coaching change could help him out.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Keefe been fired or extended yet?

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Reilly, Marner and Samsonov formed a Voltron of suck on that play. Any one of them could have broken up the play and saved the season, but all three of them made the worst possible play at the same time. It's really something to behold.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

Hope they told Shanahan and Keefe to buy their own plane tickets home

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Cocaine Bear posted:

Keefe been fired or extended yet?

I assume theyre currently loading the cannon with gunpowder

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

People are chatting about Berube as a potential coach; is there any reason I should be excited for him?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
https://youtu.be/CeqL6-iV4PQ?si=N4P1PbEjcTi2Hd80

The dangle is exactly what you expect, but what you expect is worth five minutes or so

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

tarbrush posted:

https://youtu.be/CeqL6-iV4PQ?si=N4P1PbEjcTi2Hd80

The dangle is exactly what you expect, but what you expect is worth five minutes or so

Incredible anybody can watch this

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Made it forty seconds before the GUY'S RANDOM yelling got under MY SKIN.

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”
Don't understand how anyone really likes that guy, I personally know several stunted man children who get upset about sports games publicly but no one is lining up to shove them in my youtube algorithm.

The trade tree videos are great but it seems like the researchers do they heavy lifting, whereas he mostly Remembers Guys and defends guys who sucked because they played a lot of games. Also if he's a true Leafs lifer why does he also root for Montreal so much?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Arabian Jesus posted:

People are chatting about Berube as a potential coach; is there any reason I should be excited for him?

Only one: He's not Sheldon Keefe.

I'll believe it when I see it though. I think Keefe will be back. Team battled hard, didn't give up, so on and so forth.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ive never met a single Leafs fan that admits to liking Steve Dangles content, and hes also pretty clearly just laying it on thick for his brand at this point. Im inclined to believe that hes a caricature for hate watchers from opposing fanbases to send to each other

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Arabian Jesus posted:

His teams undisciplined playoff meltdowns were at least fun to watch

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://x.com/dimfilipovic/status/1787256228944728420

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIRE IN ME
Look I'm not saying "Carolina is cooked, they can't win this, they're done, etc etc" but man this is the same old loving Carolina team that has failed in years past. Their offensive gameplan is just so reliant on "luck" and sure they posses the puck and push hard and they made it close but there's nothing about watching that which makes me think they're any different than years past or that they can win the cup even if they beat the Rangers

They might be able to push through past the Rangers but I just can't see them winning the cup with this kind of play

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I'll be very surprised if the Rangers have much trouble with Carolina at all.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Point-based shoot n retrieve hockey died a long time ago but everyones too scared of Rod to tell him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Dave Hasktol and Brindamour running after an airborne puck

"It's only from the point! It's still good! It's still good!"