Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Khanstant posted:

Applebee's also has all the crap kids love. Everything there is designed to be smothered in ketchup.

Her kid apparently orders pizza

At Applebee's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

people who go out to eat do tend to order what they want to eat

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

SteveVizsla posted:

There's been multiple seasons with Applebees rewards. Given the age of her kid, and how common Applebees locations are, it seems entirely realistic that they decided to make a connection to watching the show by stopping there before new episodes. How is this any different from going to a local bar to watch every sports game or something?

I don’t know I bet if you sign up for her email marketing services she’ll tell you.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Invalid Validation posted:

I don’t know I bet if you sign up for her email marketing services she’ll tell you.

Her email service just seems more and more like just a personal newsletter that she sends out to thousands of unwitting participants who just signed up for coupons on vacuums.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

mp5 posted:

people who go out to eat do tend to order what they want to eat

So weird. Plus, I heard Liz does yoga? Ugh

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Rubber Chicken posted:

Her kid apparently orders pizza

At Applebee's

One of my strongest food memories is Applebees pizza and I passed some eighth grade standardized test by writing a narrative essay about it.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Poque posted:

One of my strongest food memories is Applebees pizza and I passed some eighth grade standardized test by writing a narrative essay about it.

I feel this way about elementary school rectangle pizza which by literally any objective measure must have been god awful

Kids like what they like

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Poque posted:

Their pizza is weirdly sweet as my daughter and son would order it every now and then. It kinda slaps, as they say.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Rubber Chicken posted:

I feel this way about elementary school rectangle pizza which by literally any objective measure must have been god awful

Kids like what they like

I once heard a rumor that the disgusting rectangle school pizza comes out of a can, somehow.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
That's nonsense. They are the leftovers from making totino's food adjacent products. They get a tax break if they feed it to kids instead of throw it away.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

You're the one acting like it's weird, though

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Propaganda Machine posted:

I once heard a rumor that the disgusting rectangle school pizza comes out of a can, somehow.

You could probably put the dough in a can it's extremely basic stuff that you ultimately pour into a cookie sheet, but also so basic that it would be less cost effective to do so.

I've sunk a lot of time looking at this for whatever reason but never actually gone through with trying to make it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You could definitely put dough in a can and maybe that’s a thing but no one is in a school cafeteria rolling out dough. Either it’s frozen dough already in sheets they just cut and add canned sauce and frozen cheese. Or it’s just all pre made frozen.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Obviously none of you ever ate that pizza in the 90s otherwise you'd know it's made out of sheetrock.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

SweetJahasus posted:

Obviously none of you ever ate that pizza in the 90s otherwise you'd know it's made out of sheetrock.

Was gonna say I recall vividly the trenches of the lunchroom and the hardtack w/ sauce we had to eat to survive. I'd trade away my school pizza for some Survivor Pizza any day

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i thought school lunch pizza was pretty good in the 90s but ours were normal slices not rectangles

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
url]https://x.com/CJacobsLP/status/1787258372112130422[/url

edit: Listen sometimes a guy just likes to play video games while waiting for the next episode of the hit show, Survivor

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 06:41 on May 6, 2024

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

what

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

nice self-promotion but let's get back to Applebee's Chat 2024

https://twitter.com/charlieLdavis/status/1787248194381840816
https://twitter.com/charlieLdavis/status/1787261082425299167
https://twitter.com/charlieLdavis/status/1787273572186026125

tweetchains like a disgraced mod ITT

mp5 fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 6, 2024

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Just posting his assassination coordinates like that smdh

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I don't know how to interpret a scale where the highest result is anger and the worst is eating candy for dinner.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

STING 64 posted:

i thought school lunch pizza was pretty good in the 90s but ours were normal slices not rectangles

I went to a lot of schools and there were definitely some that did it better than other schools even though apparently a fairly standard recipe was used most places around the country (I could definitely see though how you could mess it up though). My high school also had slices and it was closer to real pizza and decent; my school was an earlier adopter of "hey we'll let the corporations feed the kids for a bit at a premium" and we had Pizza Hut and Taco Bell once a week and honestly the school pizza was better than Pizza Hut personal pizzas, which I think were like yesterday's unused pizza reheated and sold to us for $6 when the normal school pizza like half that.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

mp5 posted:

nice self-promotion but let's get back to Applebee's Chat 2024

OMG THAT WAS SO THE WRONG TAB

Come back tomorrow to watch my survivor seasons applebee's menu tier list!! :negative:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 6, 2024

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Pleasantly surprised we heard from him again after this!

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

CJacobs posted:

OMG THAT WAS SO THE WRONG TAB

Come back tomorrow to watch my survivor seasons applebee's menu tier list!! :negative:

go get the bourbon burger for content

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Khanstant posted:

I don't know how to interpret a scale where the highest result is anger and the worst is eating candy for dinner.

The scale is the reaction the person would have to losing out on an Applebees Reward on Survivor. "I'd rather eat coconuts back at camp", not a big deal, it's okay. "I'm pissed (Liz, Survivor 46)" means you do like Applebees quite a lot.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ohhh lol doi

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

Khanstant posted:

Applebee's is right in that sweet spot of a joke company I comfortably assume all people know is garbage that everybody hates.

Applebee's has always been a puncline in our family after The Incident. We were visiting relatives in the bay area and trying to decide where to go for dinner. An Aunt who wasn't invited barged in and told us "oh, I'll go with you but only if we go to Applebee's!!!"

We did not go to Applebee's.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
My last serving job, years ago, a few coworkers and I had a running joke of some little ditty we made up about "gonna get the night meat." We'd joke about getting the night meat, a steak at Applebee's, after work, escalating like we were really making plans to go together.

We never did, we came very close once. I actually regret never going, lost contact with them when I left or they did. I think about night meat sometimes and the song but like, it's an orphaned in-joke at this point. In this way the laughter of Applebee is made bittersweet with the sorrow of lost connection.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

There was a moment in this episdoe where the winners were sitting around and Tiff locked eyes with Kenzie and made a crack about she didn't even have space for the burger while they laughed, it cut to a close up of the burger sitting on the plate for 2-3 seconds and then faded slowly to a shot of Liz' dejected face.

:kiss:

It was right out of an On Cinema Oscar special. The show transcended reality to become pure comedy, and if someone could gif it I would be thankful.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Another Bill posted:

There was a moment in this episdoe where the winners were sitting around and Tiff locked eyes with Kenzie and made a crack about she didn't even have space for the burger while they laughed, it cut to a close up of the burger sitting on the plate for 2-3 seconds and then faded slowly to a shot of Liz' dejected face.

:kiss:

It was right out of an On Cinema Oscar special. The show transcended reality to become pure comedy, and if someone could gif it I would be thankful.

yeah the production for this show is always incredible

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

With all the poo poo they put into the bourbon burger it’s surprising she isn’t allergic to that either.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

With all the poo poo they put into the bourbon burger it’s surprising she isn’t allergic to that either.

No kidding. I’m allergic to pineapple and it’s in a lot of sauces.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Poque posted:

No kidding. I’m allergic to pineapple and it’s in a lot of sauces.

You've just been recruited into Survivor: Pineapple Island, the Survivor Season where everything is always Pineapples

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Playing Hot Pursuit but each tribe is carrying a giant pineapple

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

The piranha challenge but everyone's gums are absolutely shredded by leafy spines.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Instead of letters from family/Reunion, Bhanu comes back to reenact Hamlet for the winning reward group. Ben is voted out for trying to get his catchphrase about rock to take off, it never does. Liz loses her poo poo but quickly recovers and no one notices.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

STAC Goat posted:

You could definitely put dough in a can and maybe that’s a thing but no one is in a school cafeteria rolling out dough. Either it’s frozen dough already in sheets they just cut and add canned sauce and frozen cheese. Or it’s just all pre made frozen.

I mean it's most obviously going to be pre-made frozen pizza. Tostinos already makes lovely square pizza. Just order it in bulk and make it full sheet pan sized.

fps_nug
Feb 21, 2021

horsing around no longer

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I mean it's most obviously going to be pre-made frozen pizza. Tostinos already makes lovely square pizza. Just order it in bulk and make it full sheet pan sized.

Ours was bread with cheese and tomato sauce. It was really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Venus is cooking