Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Slust
Oct 22, 2021

toasterwarrior posted:

i dont expect a bunch of predominantly western fucks to understand why my country being denied the opportunity to even buy a video game would sting, but of course you're all clearly more focused on lording it over other people, it's only natural

try reading the topic and maybe you will see everyone disapproved of that aspect of the issue, but the vast majority of complaints were from people who were just upset having to create accounts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Saraiguma posted:

if you're going to do high difficulty high value evacs for bots and you're not God's gift to fps play the best tactic really is just to 3/1 cheese it

i was trying to cheese it far away from the shuttle bay, but the three pubbies were being scrubs :manning:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Sagebrush posted:

i'm sure that the honorable gamers will do the right thing and revert those 200,000 negative reviews now, of course?

Well, yeah.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Strong Sauce posted:

i started playing bot levels more since i needed some practice and since the current personal goal was to shoot the autocannon i decided to try them out. i started on hard to get my footing

1. people on lower level still do the lovely thing where they get onto the shuttle before everyone's there even though there's no contest at the evac. i dropped into a game where they were just calling the evac and i decided there was time to grab some samples on the map. a blizzard and a walker held me up so i told them to wait. still left anyways.

2. bots seems way harder than bugs even with autocannon... just so much gun fire. even when i hide i seem to end up getting found. and AC doesn't seem to destroy dropships very well. also maybe i'm just playing with inexperienced people who don't use mics so they never say if they want to evac or go for some other outpost.. i dunno, i guess i need to figure a loadout.

eruptor does real bad against bots especially since thy're pretty hard to hit directly from distance and they close out so well. probably switching to dominator. which eagle/orbital strategems are good for bots.. i guess specifically hulks since i find them hard without trying to get behind them, which just ends up with me being swarmed by bots.

AC can't destroy dropships. You're better off shooting at the exposed passengers.

vs Hulks it's worth bringing stun grenades so you can two-shot them in the eye with the AC. Otherwise, the best choice is eagle airstrike vs 500kg IMO. Both have strengths and weaknesses. Airstrike better vs groups and fabricators, 500kg better vs tanks and turrets. Or just bring both.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Heck yeah, we did it!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Strong Sauce posted:

i started playing bot levels more since i needed some practice and since the current personal goal was to shoot the autocannon i decided to try them out. i started on hard to get my footing

1. people on lower level still do the lovely thing where they get onto the shuttle before everyone's there even though there's no contest at the evac. i dropped into a game where they were just calling the evac and i decided there was time to grab some samples on the map. a blizzard and a walker held me up so i told them to wait. still left anyways.

2. bots seems way harder than bugs even with autocannon... just so much gun fire. even when i hide i seem to end up getting found. and AC doesn't seem to destroy dropships very well. also maybe i'm just playing with inexperienced people who don't use mics so they never say if they want to evac or go for some other outpost.. i dunno, i guess i need to figure a loadout.

eruptor does real bad against bots especially since thy're pretty hard to hit directly from distance and they close out so well. probably switching to dominator. which eagle/orbital strategems are good for bots.. i guess specifically hulks since i find them hard without trying to get behind them, which just ends up with me being swarmed by bots.

Scorcher is also great vs. bots, and Diligence Counter Sniper after the latest buffs. Autocannon can't shoot down dropships but it can kill most of the passengers, which is more effective. Anti-Materiel Rifle makes a solid alternative if you crave the backpack slot, although it can't kill fabricators.

Eagle Airstrike will kill fabs, tanks, and most patrols. EMS Mortars are as good as always. Regular Mortars are startlingly effective and not-team-killy if there aren't too many sword bots around. Orbital Laser is nice for detector towers and heavy outposts; Precision Strike can kill detectors too. Hulks should get a stun grenade followed by two or three AC or AMR shots to the eye slot.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

This part is bad. But the other part where people doxxed people and harassed people and acted like this was a Rosa park moment even though they could’ve just made an account and weren’t in a country that song screwed over, can get hosed and those people are rear end and will always be rear end.

Even if they were correct

To be fair, you can kind of see where their frustration comes from because people who have to jump through actual hurdles bigger than making a PSN account have been lumped in with the crybabies this entire time. It's just an ocean of posts with 5 or six words of "Sucks to be you" and then paragraphs of how your problem doesn't actually matter because of some discord psychos.

imo if people who were never going to be affected by this get to pat themselves on the back for doing nothing, let the goons who were going to be hit by it vent a little lol

Just don't turn into one of those psychos

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Slust posted:

try reading the topic and maybe you will see everyone disapproved of that aspect of the issue, but the vast majority of complaints were from people who were just upset having to create accounts

no poo poo, dumbfuck, it's no surprise i'm speaking from MY point of view, get that in your loving head and realize that's why i'm ticked off at you self-aggrandizing assholes looking to get a dunk on a good cause the moment you get an opening from some people getting too mad

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

one idiot on discord said the rosa parks poo poo and goons decided everyone was saying it

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Well that didn’t take long, what grift will the capital G gamers move on to next? Stella Blade is done and this barely lasted the weekend.

Now that we are celebrating with original Ewok celebration music on Endor, did they say anything about the countries they blocked on Steam?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

ghostinmyshell posted:

did they say anything about the countries they blocked on Steam?

curious about this too, I'm confident that it'll get resolved quickly because that's money on the table and also they didn't just drop it on a weekend and walk away like Sony did lol

Slust
Oct 22, 2021

toasterwarrior posted:

no poo poo, dumbfuck, it's no surprise i'm speaking from MY point of view, get that in your loving head and realize that's why i'm ticked off at you self-aggrandizing assholes looking to get a dunk on a good cause the moment you get an opening from some people getting too mad

well maybe calm your tits and reread what people are saying you would realize we are on the same side

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

ShadowMar posted:

one idiot on discord said the rosa parks poo poo and goons decided everyone was saying it

Was it an actual idiot or was it a Funny guy that said it and idiots reacted?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

no one who was saying "just make a PSN account" was on the same side of people legitimately hit by this.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
goons subconscious is to be against anything that originates in reddit or discord regardless of what it is

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Slust posted:

well maybe calm your tits and reread what people are saying you would realize we are on the same side

nah go gently caress yourself, condescending prick

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Issaries posted:

Was it an actual idiot or was it a Funny guy that said it and idiots reacted?

there's a non-zero chance it's the second part, I don't think a source or context was ever posted. Part of me things it's someone being deliberately extreme for clicks because "Arrowhead of Being poo poo" is a real on the nose "fake" name but people do be like that.

Slust
Oct 22, 2021

Babe Magnet posted:

no one who was saying "just make a PSN account" was on the same side of people legitimately hit by this.

that makes no sense

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

toasterwarrior posted:

nah go gently caress yourself, condescending prick

not saying you're wrong to be mad, by all means be as mad as you want, but you actually should take a breather or you're just going to get moderated away and it'll be more ammunition people will use to ignore you. you're fighting against decades of "doesn't affect me, doesn't matter" inertia.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1787331667616829929

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
but lmao now that it wont happen we are all back to arguing instead over how or why it happened. lets move on

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

not saying you're wrong to be mad, by all means be as mad as you want, but you actually should take a breather or you're just going to get moderated away and it'll be more ammunition people will use to ignore you. you're fighting against decades of "doesn't affect me, doesn't matter" inertia.

i appreciate it, truly, but it would not be the first time SA mods would tut tut me getting pissed off at some real first world privilege lame poo poo from goons. thank you tho

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
While this is a positive outcome, this whole thing also provided cause and cover for fuckwits to target and harass people who didn't deserve it, which sucks. They'll be emboldened in the future

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ShadowMar posted:

Oh I know it was a minority. I just still found a lot of them annoying. And also right. I can have two thoughts on the matter

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Slust posted:

that makes no sense

disagree. "just make a PSN account" was not a solution to the problem, at least not for a lot of people, so dismissing the entire protest away with that as the simple fix was lovely and unrealistic. Yeah it would have "fixed" the issue for most of the people mad about this, but that's just brushing the rest of the people mad for more legitimate reasons under the rug.

toasterwarrior posted:

i appreciate it, truly, but it would not be the first time SA mods would tut tut me getting pissed off at some real first world privilege lame poo poo from goons. thank you tho

I know how you feel (kind of, not entirely, I just mean that I'm relieved because, while this wouldn't have affected me, a couple of friends were going to get hosed by this) and there's a lot I want to say too but I'm just going to take the W as it is: not for these people lol.

bandaid.friend posted:

While this is a positive outcome, this whole thing also provided cause and cover for fuckwits to target and harass people who didn't deserve it, which sucks. They'll be emboldened in the future

yeah but you literally can't keep those assholes out of anything, no matter how big or small the cause is. if it wasn't this, they would have found another time and place to do it. Hell, they did before already for much smaller reasons, I think there was a case early on shortly after launch of some dickhead going after a discord mod.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 05:52 on May 6, 2024

Slust
Oct 22, 2021

Babe Magnet posted:

disagree. "just make a PSN account" was not a solution to the problem, at least not for a lot of people, so dismissing the entire protest away with that as the simple fix was lovely and unrealistic. Yeah it would have "fixed" the issue for most of the people mad about this, but that's just brushing the rest of the people mad for more legitimate reasons under the rug.

I guess I don't know how to make it more apparent that my criticisms have been directed only at the people in territories where they can make psn accounts

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I'm gonna guess that like 59-70% of the people marching on this issue have longsince had PSN accounts

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Good, if only the people seriously affected by this issue were kicking up dust about it, it would have been a much smaller protest and way easier to ignore.

Slust posted:

I guess I don't know how to make it more apparent that my criticisms have been directed only at the people in territories where they can make psn accounts

Well if it helps this wasn't really about you specifically. You just seemed to have stepped into the crosshairs of someone who was airing out grievances against a group of other people lol.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Slust posted:

IF YOU'RE NOT WITH ME THEN YOU'RE MY ENEMY!!!!

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

bandaid.friend posted:

Looks the grift is now pivoting to still demanding the CMs to be fired including the one that “made up” things about that loving ex-blizzard king grifter piece of poo poo. They are trying to keep normal players who were upset to stop changing their reviews back until serious mgmt changes occur and people are fired.

Slust
Oct 22, 2021
And I regret my initial response to them, got caught up in the moment. Been a crazy weekend for us all, so toasterwarrior please accept my apology

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

why do you keep calling it a grift. who is gaining from this. a bunch of youtube clickbait guys?? you think they organized this?????

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Babe Magnet posted:

why do you keep calling it a grift

Because outside of the normal helldivers who have legit problems with this psn account business the gamergate crowd has swooped in and raised all kind of poo poo.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

toasterwarrior posted:

i dont expect a bunch of predominantly western fucks to understand why my country being denied the opportunity to even buy a video game would sting, but of course you're all clearly more focused on lording it over other people, it's only natural

who did that

who are you talking about what is going on

e: nvm im late to the party

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
I took a screenshot of a flying glowing blue thing that kept turning invisible, thinking it was an Illuminate Scout, but upon closer inspection of the screenshot it's just a flying insect of some kind. :argh:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Slust posted:

And I regret my initial response to them, got caught up in the moment. Been a crazy weekend for us all, so toasterwarrior please accept my apology

yeah emotions are high right now, it'll be fine soon. As long as steam can get the game back up in those territories quickly and their built-in "hey you left a negative review but you're still playing, do you want to change it?" system kicks in I think this is pretty much over by next week.

Baiard posted:

I took a screenshot of a flying glowing blue thing that kept turning invisible, thinking it was an Illuminate Scout, but upon closer inspection of the screenshot it's just a flying insect of some kind. :argh:

nice try traitor, you won't get me with this again

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Babe Magnet posted:

To be fair, you can kind of see where their frustration comes from because people who have to jump through actual hurdles bigger than making a PSN account have been lumped in with the crybabies this entire time.

Anyone in any country could just make a PSN account, the issue was always extremely minor and blown insanely out of proportion.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

oh absolutely man

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Baiard posted:

Arrowhead looking to win back their good will by introducing flying stalkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Sagebrush posted:

I just played a bot scientist extract mission that had six hulks and two factory striders walking around simultaneously. We did not win that one
Were we in the same match? Just had the same thing happen; felt real bad for those scientists that got waved out into the meat grinder.