Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: really queer Christmas)

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

new atheists have always been calling themselves “cultural Christians.” Dawkins was late to admitting it because he knows it’s a bad sound bite that makes him sound like a dumbass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://twitter.com/wideofthepost/status/1787104142982283587

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

lol it's so telling that the Mccain Instutes Audio engineers crashed their setup the same way Mccain would crash his planes.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

"People feel bad when they see what we do."

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Israel is complete dogshit at PR
In my memory theyve bungled every time theyve had to defend their ongoing atrocities and were only helped by a media that never questions and never fairly reports.

In this way, devoid of the context they exist in, they can start pushing the self defense and only democracy narratives.
You can tell because it remains their only rhetorical refuge when pressed.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Netanyahu is calling american college students Nazis

====

‎Netanyahu: No pressure can stop us from defending ourselves‎

‎Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu:‎

‎No pressure in an international forum can stop us from defending ourselves even if we have to stand alone.‎

‎What is happening in American universities is reminiscent of what happened in German universities on the eve of the Holocaust in the thirties of the last century.‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...%AF%D8%A7%D8%A1

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
I don't remember nazi cops busting the heads of people protesting against the holocaust. is there a show on the history channel about that?

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of
prediction: the us is gearing up to purge its higher education of dissidents and replace them with fleeing israelis. but theyre still going to be glorified property embezzlement schemes that wind up dispossessing and liquidating incoming zionists anyways

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
It does also seem like the latest thing is to make the protests an implicitly partisan issue, probably why boogooloo boys have been showing up and Politico ran with the Soros story.

Genocide is a question if you vote red or blue (even though blue is also the one desperately trying to make it happen).

Anthony Balogna
Dec 19, 2023

Al-Saqr posted:

Apparently a real deal nazi trooper tried to infiltrate an encampment but because he proudly posted his crimes on instagram people found out who he was quickly and booted him

===

https://x.com/OnlinePalEng/status/1787078064255402180

I triple dog dare him to infiltrate a university protest in a country where the entire police force isn’t completely slobbing on Israel’s knob.

Kopmala
Mar 28, 2024

Only one question required: "Why are you making up claims without any evidence, I thought you were an advocate of science?"

Jizzny Princess
Aug 24, 2021

WHILE YOU WERE LEARNING TO SPELL YOUR NAME,
I WAS BEING TRAINED TO CONQUER GALAXIES
UwU
https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1787163458221322492

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Seems accurate. What's the joke?

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Something I realized very soon after moving to the U.S., is that while my school back home had bullet holes peppered across the external facade, Americans prefer to have the bullet holes inside the schools

I do think that video is not very strong because it has always been very clear that the American public by and large does not care about the lives of children. Shame does not work on them

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

apparently the zionists are now upset that the campus folks who are camping need a shower?!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Ramie posted:

I do think that video is not very strong because it has always been very clear that the American public by and large does not care about the lives of children. Shame does not work on them

That's literally :thejoke:

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

School shootings are not very funny, and it has no discernible (read: effective) rhetorical purpose, so. Some confusion at the fact it got made is warranted I would think. Perhaps it is meant for non-American English speakers?
I think the people making it may be genuinely overstimating the American moral character, as dire as their perception might already be, is my point. Easy to do from the outside, in my experience

In any case,

https://twitter.com/jwlcstco/status/1784397720578363549

I haven't been able to stop thinking about this

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Israel is complete dogshit at PR
In my memory theyve bungled every time theyve had to defend their ongoing atrocities and were only helped by a media that never questions and never fairly reports.

In this way, devoid of the context they exist in, they can start pushing the self defense and only democracy narratives.
You can tell because it remains their only rhetorical refuge when pressed.

Israel is awesome at PR that targets individuals such as lawmakers and media figures, etc. They are terrible at narratives designed for the masses. In a social-media rich environment, while they're committing visible atrocities, this is very bad for them.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

Israel is awesome at PR that targets individuals such as lawmakers and media figures, etc. They are terrible at narratives designed for the masses. In a social-media rich environment, while they're committing visible atrocities, this is very bad for them.

giving lawmakers money is not “PR.” elected officials don’t, for the most part, support Israel because they are convinced by Israel’s marketing; they do so because their donors order them to.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Ramie posted:

it has always been very clear that the American public by and large does not care about the lives of children. Shame does not work on them

there are plenty of Americans who don’t want children to be gunned down in schools. but what they want is irrelevant

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Ramie posted:

School shootings are not very funny, and it has no discernible (read: effective) rhetorical purpose, so. Some confusion at the fact it got made is warranted I would think. Perhaps it is meant for non-American English speakers?
I think the people making it may be genuinely overstimating the American moral character, as dire as their perception might already be, is my point. Easy to do from the outside, in my experience

In any case,

it's ok to admit you didn't get the joke

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

giving lawmakers money is not “PR.” elected officials don’t, for the most part, support Israel because they are convinced by Israel’s marketing; they do so because their donors order them to.

He means smear campaigns. Israel is really good at smear campaigns that target a specific individual politician or public figure.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Speleothing posted:

He means smear campaigns. Israel is really good at smear campaigns that target a specific individual politician or public figure.

typically they just fund an opponent, which works right up until it doesn’t.

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

https://twitter.com/CjvHenderson/status/1787185983655411991

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

🐐

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Um, it's awesome PR - imagine how popular Israel would be if they gave everyone 100 grand.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
maybe US politicians think school shootings are okay because killing kids is cool when the Israelis do it

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

I have nothing funny or clever to say, this is just beyond inspirational. A stalwart people through and through.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

do you think this guy had any inkling what was going to happen when he held a book up in front of a camera like that? lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

new atheists have always been calling themselves “cultural Christians.” Dawkins was late to admitting it because he knows it’s a bad sound bite that makes him sound like a dumbass.

it picked up a bit after brevik for Some Reason

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Anthony Balogna posted:

I triple dog dare him to infiltrate a university protest in a country where the entire police force isn’t completely slobbing on Israel’s knob.

they loving identified him as an actual shooter of children while he was in their midst and the cops didn't find his body after the fact with a zip tie around his neck. that's as strong a sign as any that the protesters aren't violent

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

now this is the type of photoshop threads i can support

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Spergin Morlock posted:

they loving identified him as an actual shooter of children while he was in their midst and the cops didn't find his body after the fact with a zip tie around his neck. that's as strong a sign as any that the protesters aren't violent

still can’t believe not a single person hauled off and attempted a straight up public death by choking. seriously commendable self-control and ethics.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
As much as it would be richly deserved it's actually of tremendous strategic importance that these protests remain disciplined and don't descend into stochastic violence. Him being there was a deliberate provocation, probably so they could fish for clips of the crowd beating up an Israeli to run over and over again on the nightly news.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

To be fair to Dick Dawkins he looks and sounds genuinely senile these days.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
he's had multiple strokes (message from god ?)

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
bad genes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anthony Balogna
Dec 19, 2023

madmatt112 posted:

still can’t believe not a single person hauled off and attempted a straight up public death by choking. seriously commendable self-control and ethics.

For sure self-control. Not so much on the ethics; but, as AnEdgelord said: it's actually of tremendous strategic importance that these protests remain disciplined.
If anyone were to pop off on the protestor’s side, it would immediately make Israel and Zionists the “good guys” in so many loving morons’ smooth brains, and also, the police would immediately open fire on all of the protestors, with the complete backing of the aforementioned smooth brains.

Hence why my triple dog dare still stands!