Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

https://twitter.com/NathanJRobinson/status/1787175180986454230

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
apparently israel has decided that Hamas has already rejected the current ceasefire deal before getting any response from them so thats why they have to do rafah

=====

Galant informs Austin of the start of a military operation in Rafah

Haaretz reported that Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Galant told his American counterpart Lloyd Austin in a call that Hamas rejects every proposal, and that this means starting the military operation in Rafah, he claimed.

Hamas is demanding an agreement that includes ending the war on the Gaza Strip, but Israel rejects it.

CIA chief William Burns is scheduled to travel to Israel this evening to complete negotiations.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31605;&%231593;

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/i/status/1787360585899794696

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
may rafah serve as the grave of the zionist entity inshallah

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Israeli protestors stopped the car of Mickey Mouse to beg them to do a prisoner deal

=========

‎Israeli minister objects to demand swap deal‎

‎Israel's Channel 12 reported that young men intercepted the car of right-wing Culture and Sports Minister Micky Zohar when he arrived for a cabinet meeting and demanded that he conclude an exchange deal.‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...?update=6513686

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

may rafah serve as the grave of the zionist entity inshallah

Gaza already killed israel, that part is done, all Rafah will do is fast forward the end of Israel and the immediate fallout of it will break the israeli state as a whole.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I wonder what that number would look like if you extended it to people who were eligible to claim a dual citizenship. Not a lawyer, but couldn't a lot of Israelis claim British citizenship through double descent due to Israel being a former British colony?

As I understand it double descent refers to having a British citizen for a grandparent. Mandatory Palestine I don't think was ever part of the British Empire but was a class A League of Nations Mandate, recognized as a legally independent nation subject to British "rendering of administrative advice and assistance"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Nations_mandate

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
A fourth soldier was killed by the rocket attack yesterday

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1787402820062158849?t=YmT2hyX6i3bnRU3rSSleaw&s=19

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I like google translate's interpretation of events

quote:

Permission to publish: Sergeant Michael Rosel is the fourth person killed in yesterday's barrage of firecrackers at Kerem Shalom. May his memory be blessed

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Oglethorpe posted:

the last time he fired was a good shoot

Some people killed by Hitler had it coming.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

A million red triangles upon the Zionist entity. Maybe just one really big one.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

apparently israel has decided that Hamas has already rejected the current ceasefire deal before getting any response from them so thats why they have to do rafah

=====

Galant informs Austin of the start of a military operation in Rafah

Haaretz reported that Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Galant told his American counterpart Lloyd Austin in a call that Hamas rejects every proposal, and that this means starting the military operation in Rafah, he claimed.

Hamas is demanding an agreement that includes ending the war on the Gaza Strip, but Israel rejects it.

CIA chief William Burns is scheduled to travel to Israel this evening to complete negotiations.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31605;&%231593;

"lol"

from an israeli journo:
A senior Palestinian who is familiar with the details of the talks in Cairo tells @GLZRadio this evening that Israel is not required to declare the end of the war in the first step of the deal but in the second. This is stated in the proposal currently on the table in Cairo
2/ The same source added that the countries participating in the talks will be a guarantee that Israel will implement its commitment. According to him, this formula is acceptable to Hamas: "There is a real opportunity to reach an agreement, and Hamas is serious and interested in it. If your government makes a decision, both sides are on the verge of an agreement"
3/ He concluded that the proposal was unanimously accepted by Hamas and the other factions

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Gonna have to change the thread title.

https://twitter.com/Israel_katz/status/1787375002280501662

quote:

Today, on Holocaust Remembrance Day, the slogan "Never Again" takes on a special meaning.

dancing_R.gif

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

the special meaning is "never again unless we're the ones doing it"

tetSUOOO
Mar 1, 2024

Grimson posted:

"lol"

from an israeli journo:
A senior Palestinian who is familiar with the details of the talks in Cairo tells @GLZRadio this evening that Israel is not required to declare the end of the war in the first step of the deal but in the second. This is stated in the proposal currently on the table in Cairo
2/ The same source added that the countries participating in the talks will be a guarantee that Israel will implement its commitment. According to him, this formula is acceptable to Hamas: "There is a real opportunity to reach an agreement, and Hamas is serious and interested in it. If your government makes a decision, both sides are on the verge of an agreement"
3/ He concluded that the proposal was unanimously accepted by Hamas and the other factions

What am I even supposed to think anymore. What the hell

tetSUOOO
Mar 1, 2024
That feel when you just really wanna do the genocide already

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

tetSUOOO posted:

What am I even supposed to think anymore. What the hell

hate. thats what you should feel, pure hatred against zionism and its lackeys.

tetSUOOO
Mar 1, 2024

Al-Saqr posted:

hate. thats what you should feel, pure hatred against zionism and its lackeys.

Yeah, I guess I am discovering new and interesting aspects of my own personality. With kind regards, death to israel

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Never? again!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Aljazeera put out a documentary on US citizens aiding israel, this will come in handy for war crimes trials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1kLUVK8NaU

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

[P/I] Never? again!

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
https://x.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1787234743047623137

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
imho israel is bad and should be sentenced to volcano just throw it in a volcano

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

hadji murad posted:

I have a Hezbollah fridge magnet that a buddy sent me.

Nice

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

i don't support nuking, throwing into a volcano, or otherwise degrading the land of palestine, personally.

tetSUOOO
Mar 1, 2024

Horrifying poo poo coming up

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Spergin Morlock posted:

I still think of the footage from earlier of Hamas literally pushing a periscope up out of a tunnel into Israel's Gaza City camp before annihilating them. That poo poo was hilarious

that was the day I knew it was over for Israel lol

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
Bombing started which I personally think is bad.

https://x.com/Almeqdad/status/1787457891286306878

jesus christ thats a big cloud

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
theyve been bombing rafah every couple of days since the conflict started, even back when it was the dedicated concentration camp they told everyone to "evacuate" to. theyve been terror bombing to get them to "voluntarily" leave for months but i guess they figure its been long enough and can say theyve given enough warning

death to israel

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Horseshoe theory posted:

Isn't that basically Anton Chigurh's offer in "No Country for Old Men"? :thunk:

I just watched this last night, and no.

Chigurh says "give me the bag of money, I'll kill you, but I won't kill your wife." He doesn't give the money back and gets killed. Later Anton shows up to the wife's place and said he's keeping his promise and kills the widow but he would have kept his promise to not kill her otherwise if the husband had delivered on the deal.

So, Israel is worse than one of the most prolific psychopaths/serial killers in recent literature and film.

Edit: No! Country for Old Men!

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Grimson posted:

"lol"

from an israeli journo:

glz radio is some israeli military radio i dont know who this supposed "senior" palestinian is or why they're totally talking to israeli military radio, but this sounds like everything else entirely made up

it also makes 0 sense that Hamas would accept something like this when they have been extremely clear theres no deal without a permanent ceasefire first

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
So it appears that the Rafah invasion is imminent.

All power to Palestine, may they persevere and defeat the occupiers.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
How much of Gaza does the occupying force actually occupy without resistance?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Dokapon Findom posted:

How much of Gaza does the occupying force actually occupy without resistance?

none. theyve withdrawn from everywhere except the Netzarim corridor, and the corridor itself is shelled and mortared and sniped daily.

they have functionally lost the war, this attempt to invade rafah is just their nazi death drive in action because they have to kill as many people as possible before its too late. militarily speaking this will do nothing for them.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

they never really controlled much of anything probably because hamas isnt standing around

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

just to give you an idea of little they control, Beit Hanoun, the town on the most northern part of Gaza was 'taken' by israel from day 2 but until today theres still fighting there and rockets are regularly fired from northen gaza into israel.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
the way control has worked so far in this war is that the Israelis roll into a place, kill anyone they can find, declare it under Israeli control, and then leave

they have never actually effectively occupied any significant portion of the Strip for more than a few days, and every time they've tried to act like they do a bunch of their soldiers have died as a result

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Demographics is destiny