Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
If this thread can survive bbq and chili talk we can handle this. It barely qualifies as decoration on our proverbial plates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

sour cream is the test of a true texican

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Sour cream as an ingredient is fine, as a flavor no thanks.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Sour cream and onion Ruffles chips are good, though

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
sour cream deserves the gallows alongside queso

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

This sounds like the opinion of someone who prefers underhanging toilet paper instead of overhanging.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

your crusade against viscous dairy continues unabated

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

sour cream should be measured in tablespoons/bite btw

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
sour cream belongs on chili of course

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

sour cream is a delicious ingredient and flavor

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nikumatic posted:

sour cream belongs on chili of course

along with a truckload of diced white onion

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Jake Gittes posted:

we really were a stuck with a south park-esque giant douche vs. turd sandwich slate of mayoral candidates

i still think whitmire was the "less bad" option comared to sjl, and i'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as he's only been in the job for. however it sure as poo poo ain't looking good so far. (see: all the reasons listed above.)

He has exhausted the benefit of the doubt with his war on good infrastructure and handing the entire city budget over to the firefighters without having any sort of plan for a pay for.

I voted for him, actively supported him, and donated money to his campaign. Huge vote regret.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

look at charles guiteau over here

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Dameius posted:

Man, why does Ogg specifically hate Hidalgo so drat much? From right off the bat.

Racism seems like too lazy an answer and I don't know enough about Ogg outside her actions from within the office to even want to go there.

She wanted to significantly influence commissioners court through the new green child County Judge.

Hidalgo didn't put her staffers in high level positions though and then when she made a big budget request in 2019, it was denied. At the same time, the new Dem Commissioners Court entered into the settlement for their misdemeanor bail system which was declared unconstitutional.

They then used that reform to claim it was the reason for the increase in crime during COVID (ignoring that it was not localized) and that denying the budget requests were tantamount to defending the police.

So - like all things - just politics. She wanted to have more influence than she does on commissioners court and is mad that she doesn't. In addition to Hidalgo, she tried to go after another Commissioner as well but neither were well investigated or thought through cases.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Right on the fresh rotten milk sauce, wrong on the finely aged rotten milk sauce.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Doom Rooster posted:

This sounds like the opinion of someone who prefers underhanging toilet paper instead of overhanging.

..... ironically enough i just hung the toilet paper underhanded, but only for the purposes of frustrating the cat

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i have an easy solution to that problem and it is called closing the door

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Sab0921 posted:

She wanted to significantly influence commissioners court through the new green child County Judge.

Hidalgo didn't put her staffers in high level positions though and then when she made a big budget request in 2019, it was denied. At the same time, the new Dem Commissioners Court entered into the settlement for their misdemeanor bail system which was declared unconstitutional.

They then used that reform to claim it was the reason for the increase in crime during COVID (ignoring that it was not localized) and that denying the budget requests were tantamount to defending the police.

So - like all things - just politics. She wanted to have more influence than she does on commissioners court and is mad that she doesn't. In addition to Hidalgo, she tried to go after another Commissioner as well but neither were well investigated or thought through cases.

Man I had forgotten about that and now it feels like that's stuff from 10 years ago.

lobster shirt posted:

But then how else can a goon assert their dominance with their musk.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

i say swears online posted:

sour cream is the test of a true texican

The real test is if they know sour cream and crema are the same thing

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
It really is amazing how quickly my opinion on firefighters has changed. Those greedy fucks are ruining the city!

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Gripweed posted:

It really is amazing how quickly my opinion on firefighters has changed. Those greedy fucks are ruining the city!

Thank God, a convert.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

hope everyone in houston is okay today with the rain

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Gripweed posted:

I mean. I've been annoyed with them since the initial referrendum their raises.

Just include a revenue cap exception to pay for your raises and the whole thing would have worked and been fine.

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

lobster shirt posted:

hope everyone in houston is okay today with the rain

my flight back to IAH was cancelled and now I'm driving back to Houston from Huntsville, AL. I am a victim

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

goondolences

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

Cats, dogs, and toddlers everywhere said this is hate speech.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The rain, and more importantly the lightning meant my kid couldn't go to the park. I am a victim.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

being trapped in the house with my toddler and very energetic four year old has been very challenging lol. wish we could go to the park!!!!!

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

I went outside because my kids are not made of sugar.

They splashed in puddles.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
My kid also splashed in puddles but splashing in puddles doesn't burn off energy like 30-60 on a playground.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/stefondiggs/status/1787175184392225143

lmao

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Skill issue. Don't miss.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

That really isn't true compared to anywhere else. Most of Texas has underpasses with a U turn and an exit a mile down the road. I was out in LA and Philadelphia a bit ago and you absolutely get punished in those places

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Stefon is coming out of Buffalo, I can't imagine that it has comparable traffic to Houston.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

George H.W. oval office posted:

That really isn't true compared to anywhere else. Most of Texas has underpasses with a U turn and an exit a mile down the road. I was out in LA and Philadelphia a bit ago and you absolutely get punished in those places

I live in LA now and have definitely lost 30 minutes because I missed an exit. Houston, like any city designed apparently exclusively around the use of cars, has this issue. Cars loving suck.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

..... ironically enough i just hung the toilet paper underhanded, but only for the purposes of frustrating the cat

Oh my god he admit it dot gif

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Dameius posted:

Skill issue. Don't miss.

And if you do miss, please don't put your vehicle in reverse on I-10 so you can make it. It's not worth it.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Shooting Blanks posted:

And if you do miss, please don't put your vehicle in reverse on I-10 so you can make it. It's not worth it.

We’ve lost many Houstonians on their way to Lupe Tortilla during that journey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
But the one on 59 has another exit like 1m down the highway.