Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

shyduck posted:

He'll been driven on stage by a driverless Model 3 with no steering wheel brought on stage inside of an Optimus robot and he'll come out of the back seat end and the stock will go to 2000 dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The optimus bot is so advanced that even today it could take over all of Elon musk's executive duties without anybody notifying any ill effects

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
He comes out on stage in a lion tamer outfit and puts his hand in a cyberfrunk as a joke, but it slams shut anyway

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Elon should bring back the dancing robot lady

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Bip Roberts posted:

Elon should bring back the dancing robot lady

Grimes?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Isn't a tiny crown the thing you use for imbeciles in charge? Doge, youve stepped in it this time!

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Vintersorg posted:

Isn't a tiny crown the thing you use for imbeciles in charge? Doge, youve stepped in it this time!

Nonsense, it makes his big galaxy brain look bigger.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at career / corporate fealty.

gov : hey can we at least get you to vote every 2 years?
dumb rear end young people : lol bothside!!! *jumps into a career meat grinder, gets fired even with 100 hour weeks , a MAGA wins for a bit gets what they want for a bit/aka makes things worse for a bit*

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

??????

Burns
May 10, 2008

Looking at google news, youd think such a layoff would be reported yet i see nothing about it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Burns posted:

Looking at google news, youd think such a layoff would be reported yet i see nothing about it.

They reported that number go up and some assclown expert of economic sphincters thinks number go higher

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Burns posted:

https://www.businessinsider.com/more-tesla-layoffs-workers-post-2024-5

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

morningdrew posted:

why would a service advisor work on a holiday? they're just there to check you in and give you the rundown on your repair. this company is like a magnet for rubes all around

If a service center is open you do need someone to process customers and write tickets.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Total Party Kill posted:

Just "holy poo poo" at voluntarily losing time with family and friends for a loving JOB.

I'm the grumpy old man at my company, and I've given the twenty-somethings that I work with two pieces of advice: Never work on the weekend and never work unpaid overtime.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Imagine having even goddamn Elon Musk telling you "Okay, can you post about anything besides how much you hate trans people?"

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Presto posted:

I'm the grumpy old man at my company, and I've given the twenty-somethings that I work with two pieces of advice: Never work on the weekend and never work unpaid overtime.

solid advice, also obviously pure evil

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Presto posted:

I think everyone makes that mistake once. I try not to judge too harshly for those learning that lesson, after all everything in society tells us that lie is true.

School, media, your parents, your bosses all drum it into our heads that if you work hard you will be rewarded.

It can be hard to unlearn a lifetime of bullshit and a lot of people need to be kicked in the face with it at least once before they realise the truth.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Presto posted:

My boss is ex-Navy and is incredibly fond of telling the dude on our team who is constantly volunteering (both himself and the team) for more work that NAVY is an acronym for "Never Again Volunteer Yourself"

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I genuinely wonder what's going to happen when robotaxi inevitably doesn't happen come August

The last time Tesla did layoffs on this scale, Musk claimed it was because they were a month away from bankruptcy. This was when the company struggled to ramp up production of the Model 3 from mid 2017 to mid 2019. The ramp up was successful in the end, and Tesla stock soared.

I don't think Cybertruck production and sales will ramp up like they did for the Model 3.

Even if they manage to unveil a "robotaxi" prototype in August, it will be a long time until it will positively impact Tesla's cashflow.

In the absence of any further announcements, I am curious what Tesla's business strategy is right now.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Wow, thanks for the incremental pay-raise that doesn't even keep pace with inflation and is in-effect a pay decrease! I'm part of a family!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

We don't wanna be like you
Don't you get that, King of fools
We don't mind your life is trite
You are the King of Fools
We are never gonna be like you
We don't follow King of fools
You are the blind to lead the blind
You are the king of fools

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Less Is Definitely posted:

The last time Tesla did layoffs on this scale, Musk claimed it was because they were a month away from bankruptcy. This was when the company struggled to ramp up production of the Model 3 from mid 2017 to mid 2019. The ramp up was successful in the end, and Tesla stock soared.

I don't think Cybertruck production and sales will ramp up like they did for the Model 3.

Even if they manage to unveil a "robotaxi" prototype in August, it will be a long time until it will positively impact Tesla's cashflow.

In the absence of any further announcements, I am curious what Tesla's business strategy is right now.

For starters there is nothing to ramp up because there's no demand and no new model except for the CyberLemon

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Do more ket, have Doge Designer make an AI me as Harry Potter.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

this stupid truck will never not provide us content

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

The last time Tesla did layoffs on this scale, Musk claimed it was because they were a month away from bankruptcy.

Lowtax arc is really picking up steam here

Maybe he can set up a patreon

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Sir Tonk posted:

gonna need someone to make a coffetable book of these love the truck tweets

I'm starting to think the 'love the car' signatures are their way of grovelling to Musk to resolve their issue

or at the very least make it clear they're not criticizing him in the hopes they aren't banished to never see their toy again (deservedly in their opinion)

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

also someone needs to alert The Musk Law Defense Fund that a brave patriot has been silenced for their conservative beliefs

https://twitter.com/ashtonpittman/status/1787212259682308527

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Hahahahahah

"Sorry he fired you but you still need to give him $56 billion for unclear reasons"

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

please tell me that "elon's comp" is a dance group that he signed up for the big talent show and not the 50 billion compensation he wants.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Are tesla employees allowed to sell their whenever they want, or are there stupid fake musk-rules around that?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lol goddamn cybertruck parked in the parking lot of my office this morning. I just knew that the one I passed on my way to the office that one time had to belong to one of the maroons in the upper echelons of the company I work for.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Stock as compensation usually comes with rules on when you can sell

The people getting laid off probably didn’t get much stock compensation

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Steadiman posted:

please tell me that "elon's comp" is a dance group that he signed up for the big talent show and not the 50 billion compensation he wants.

Steadiman, sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Elon.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Is that a parody account?

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Elons comp will massively devalue the overall stock, so lol lmao do it

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Tesla’s done. Everyone knows they can’t even build a pickup truck. Elon’s just looting the place on way out.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Lol, no way

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Is he even allowed to call the robot Optimus? I'm surprised Hasbro hasn't sicced their lawyers or the Pinkertons on him over that yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rent it out to business for labor .

Dear god