Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

demarcus cousins could have been 90% of jokic if he hadn’t had the world’s largest chip on his shoulder

one of my big basketball theories is that one of the most important differences between great players and everyone else is that some players have Touch and some do not, and no amount of skill training can give a player Touch. Some guys throw up a shot and it goes in and some don't.

Boogie was Jokic without Touch. Jokic shoots 75% around the basket to Boogie's 60%, Jokic shoots 60% from floater range while Boogie shot 40%. Completely changes how you gameplan against them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

some are ballers and others are hoopers

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Metapod posted:

And if the kings didn't fire Malone

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

kingcobweb posted:

one of my big basketball theories is that one of the most important differences between great players and everyone else is that some players have Touch and some do not, and no amount of skill training can give a player Touch. Some guys throw up a shot and it goes in and some don't.

Boogie was Jokic without Touch. Jokic shoots 75% around the basket to Boogie's 60%, Jokic shoots 60% from floater range while Boogie shot 40%. Completely changes how you gameplan against them.

Cousins would throw the ball at the backboard and maul his defender for the rebound and easier putback

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/1787535371611643976

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
His wife is having a baby.

Shoulda had the kid a week ago against KD, smh

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

From the outside, Kidd figured out how to optimize Kyrie and Luka.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Imagine having sex with your wife nine months before the NBA playoffs, let alone as a player

feller
Jul 5, 2006

big boi posted:

Imagine having sex with your wife nine months before the NBA playoffs, let alone as a player

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Lockback posted:

Jokic planned this somehow

Gobert played off the floor by a baby smh

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

yessssss
https://twitter.com/NBCSWarriors/status/1787531788342239706

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
yeah he fits in perfectly there with all of their perimeter players who can't hit shots

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Would really enjoy seeing Steph in a Raptors jersey in a couple years. I don't hate the Warriors but I think all of them should end like Patrick Ewing on the Sonics.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Hell yeah signing an aging 3 point shooter has never backfired on the magic before

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

kingcobweb posted:

What? “Touch” is just a combination of strength and direction/arc which is very practice-able. NBA players aren’t chosen by basketball gods.

WRT Boogie/Jokic, Boogie did play with more force which probably made his shots come out harder more frequently, whereas Jokic doesn’t seek out as much contact which gives him more control.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1787535790907498849

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Blind Pineapple posted:

What? “Touch” is just a combination of strength and direction/arc which is very practice-able. NBA players aren’t chosen by basketball gods.

WRT Boogie/Jokic, Boogie did play with more force which probably made his shots come out harder more frequently, whereas Jokic doesn’t seek out as much contact which gives him more control.

I just don’t think that’s true. Plenty of people have practiced as much or more than Jokic on those same shots and they’re not making 60+% on floaters.

Also saying that Jokic doesn’t seek out as much contact… we must be watching two different players. Every time he makes a post move you could call either an offensive or defensive foul.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Loool

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

I wonder if this rule was applied to Haslem

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I think you can practice Touch to a certain extent, the problem is it's a lot harder to use it in-game when your adrenaline is going. kinda like how some guys with bad FT% can reliably beat 90% in practice

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Blind Pineapple posted:

yes they are

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Isentropy posted:

I wonder if this rule was applied to Haslem

He did say something today to the effect of "Haslem needs to remember he works for the Heat".

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I hope Jarret Allen is back versus the Loston Smelltics

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Boogie definitely had touch, imo, not Jokic level of course but he had it. A player without touch is Gobert. Like his attribute must be -15

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

mikhail maloneavich watching a YouTube compilation of fat kids falling off horses so he can learn to teach touch

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Lockback posted:

I approve of the strategy of letting game 2 go so Gobert can come back with the FVV Baby Boost.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Lockback posted:

Was it an MLB commentator or something that was like "if you're missing a game to be with the woman whos having your child you're letting the team down. Especially if it isn't even your first kid." Also if I remember correctly it wasn't even a playoff game. The guy was pissed that the MLB player was taking off like, game 4 of 162 or something.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Veryslightlymad posted:

I'm proud but I do have questions on the logistics here, namely, how the hell did you hit the front of your head?

I think it was an elbow yeah. I have some funny photos of just afterwards - I look like a mad Viking with a mouth full of blood.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

loooool

https://x.com/PompeyOnSixers/status/1787539839509753926

way to trash the guy on the way out Morey

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 20:47 on May 6, 2024

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Harden was right

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
the Philadelphia Pissers

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
https://twitter.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1787536637464903885
No good news out of Dallas today.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

This cast of support guys I assembled was bad

quote:

"We're not going to have continuity," Morey said Monday at the 76ers' headquarters in New Jersey. "We'll have continuity with our stars and our head coach, but we're going to have a lot of changes this season."

The Sixers' first-round exit against the Knicks made it 41 years since their last NBA championship. The Sixers haven't even advanced out of the second round since 2001. It's time to start over -- this time with a championship chase, not a Process.

"We're focused on Joel and Tyrese and we're focused on now," Morey said.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

loooool

https://x.com/PompeyOnSixers/status/1787539839509753926

way to trash the guy on the way out Morey
Did he have a bad series? So tired of Morey and the slobs who worship him.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

kingcobweb posted:

fine motor control to the level of precision jokic has , especially with long limbs and thus longer neural pathways, is indeed rare

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

It brings me only joy to declare that The Process has failed.

Although it's funny saying it's a championship chase and not the process now, like, what were you doing since 2019 with Jimmy Butler and then James Harden? That wasn't a rebuild team, they've been trying to win now for longer than Anthony Edwards has been allowed to open a bank account.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
The process failed as soon as they fired the guy with the plan and let 3 different gms try to spend the assets.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
If Buddy were still on the Pacers and everything else stays the same, the Bucks win that series easily

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
That's a really weird opinion but I guess it's not a Hield worth dying on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Everyone who leaves Philly should go to china and market their own wine and hold a press conference where they call Darryl Morey a liar