Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

zoux posted:

Deer.....deerfucker!

It’s no Bastian Schweinsteiger, that’s for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Bard Maddox posted:

even as a bozo who likes most City Connect jerseys, it bums me out that it took a long time for Detroit to come out with one and it’s so bad

https://x.com/tigers/status/1787496899894796410?s=46&t=M1v0104mu8Y4ldpII8R_rQ

it stinks!

These are so bad. It reeks of bad advertising agency running some poo poo through a computer.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Looks like the announcement for an MLS expansion team

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Atletico Detroit

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
Shoulda been the Beisbolcats.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Should have been a jersey that says EAT EM UP and the batting gloves are neon green hulk hands.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

N: Guardians Leadoff hitter Steven Kwan out for a month with an acute hamstring strain

V: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Eric the Mauve posted:

:same:

I was only a teenager but I still remember watching him throw those Bugs Bunny 93MPH slurves and thinking "this guy's elbow is going to explode into 50 fragments one day soon".

I also remember everyone raving about Mark Prior's picture-perfect delivery and speculating on how he'd dominate for 20 years and never get hurt. Important lesson for every young baseball fan to learn: pitching is voodoo, and the pitching gods are trickster gods.

Being left in the game after taking a liner off his elbow and again after a collision on the base paths with Marcus Giles probably didn't help matters either.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

elentar posted:

Mr. Met says "don't email my wife"
https://x.com/mrsmet/status/1787541719963013423

ok back to some really fun times on campus

weird way to learn that mrs. met's name is shelly

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That strike zone in Prior's game is legit hilarious

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
https://twitter.com/mlbrandomstats/status/1787618607007993990?s=46&t=2RtKUZF-7mtwaGnhOLp93A

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Monathin posted:

N: Guardians Leadoff hitter Steven Kwan out for a month with an acute hamstring strain

V: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Don't worry, the Tigers will continue to not score with a completely healthy lineup. (Gio Urshela does not count, because seriously)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

look at buddy

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

ozymandius1024 posted:

Don't worry, the Tigers will continue to not score with a completely healthy lineup. (Gio Urshela does not count, because seriously)

It feels more familiar... More right... For it to be this way.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Cubs' bullpen now has a higher ERA than the White Sox and Astros, and is 9th worst in the majors. Took only two games to drop 5 ranks.

Two more games and the Cubs' bullpen now has a higher ERA than the Marlins, Phillies, and DBacks. Down to the 6th worst in the MLB, behind only TB, SF, COL, LAA, and TOR.

Their starter ERA, however, is the third best in the majors, behind only Boston and Philly.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I feel like you're starting to root for your take

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Tyler Matzek to the IL, Ray Kerr coming up (I forgot who he is)

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

zoux posted:

I feel like you're starting to root for your take

99% of Cubsposting is basking in the glory of being right about their inevitable failure.

The other 1% is that time they won the World Series.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's why I stopped playing fantasy football: perverse rooting incentives.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

zoux posted:

It's why I stopped playing fantasy football: perverse rooting incentives.

It's more of an emotional insurance policy after dealing with a lifetime of disappointment (except that one time)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Does it work

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Feeling like we don’t post enough about Shohei Ohtani

Dude hit his 11th homer of the year last night and also swiped his 9th bag. He’s up to 2.7 fWAR trailing only Mookie (3.0)

The man is threatening to win an MVP as a DH in a season where Mookie Betts is on an 11-WAR pace at SS

He hits the ball so hard it just sounds different from everyone else

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

If the Cubs aren't going to win, at least I can get some joy from proving a dead sports subforum within a dead comedy forum wrong

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ohtani being involved up to his neck in gambling and getting away with it kind of sours the whole thing for me. But that’s more of a mlb problem .

Plus he’s a west coast player and I barely ever see them play

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Odds are +550 for Shohei to win MVP!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

bawfuls posted:

Dude hit his 11th homer of the year last night and also swiped his 9th bag. He’s up to 2.7 fWAR trailing only Mookie (3.0)

The man is threatening to win an MVP as a DH in a season where Mookie Betts is on an 11-WAR pace at SS

The Dodgers would be fools to not extend the man.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lol Betts is playing ss ??

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Their starter ERA, however, is the third best in the majors, behind only Boston and Philly.

this is funny because, of our current five-man rotation, (which should stick regardless of anybody else getting healthy), Javi Assad has the worst ERA at 1.66

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Poque posted:

this is funny because, of our current five-man rotation, (which should stick regardless of anybody else getting healthy), Javi Assad has the worst ERA at 1.66

Hendricks is single-handedly bringing it up a bunch.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Poque posted:

Hendricks should slot back in if he’s healthy. He will be better than he was in April. Wez and Wicks can live in the pen. Assad is 100% staying in the rotation or we riot and demand Counsell’s head

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

euphronius posted:

Ohtani being involved up to his neck in gambling and getting away with it kind of sours the whole thing for me. But that’s more of a mlb problem .

Plus he’s a west coast player and I barely ever see them play
what exactly do you think Ohtani “got away with” here?

euphronius posted:

Lol Betts is playing ss ??
yes and he’s already doing it with league-average defense

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 15:39 on May 7, 2024

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Paying his fair share of taxes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He got away with betting on baseball games which in other times of baseball history is a lifetime ban

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Aren’t you an attorney? Read the report you dingus

https://t.co/ZiewNKezAT

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bawfuls posted:

I heard that he has like 27 XBH in 35 games or something equally stupid. I hate his dumb handsome incredible at baseball face.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Stupid Sexy Shohei

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Ohtani might end up being liked at some point like LeBron was but his whole free agency was incredibly distasteful from going to the most boring possible option in the same city as the angels to the luxury tax fuckery.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Ohtani might end up being liked at some point like LeBron was but his whole free agency was incredibly distasteful from going to the most boring possible option in the same city as the angels to the luxury tax fuckery.

Ah, so once he signs with the Guards

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Shohei's free agency was great because he didn't sign with the Yankees, and the Blue Jays got humiliated. A+ free agency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The luxury tax is owner propaganda and subverting it is good. His free agency was relatively quick and quiet, it turned into a circus the last 48 hours because a couple of thirsty baseball writers ran with unverified info.