Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Benne posted:

Bo Dallas hasn't wrestled in five years. Who could possibly give a gently caress.

I STILL BOLIEVE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
an AI deepfake of Bray would all but lock up Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic, and there's a greater than 50% chance that it actually happens

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I like this motto

https://twitter.com/Clemslut04/status/1787164907663757371

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I like that we have to finish Brays story as if it was ever any good.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bray winning Observer award for worst gimmick again while having passed would be a fitting tribute

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

The_Rob posted:

I like that we have to finish Brays story as if it was ever any good.

At least it isn't someone crying about their dad every week for three years.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Imagine the bossman/cody feud

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

forkboy84 posted:

Ah yes, who wouldn't get excited for a team of 4 mediocre midcard wrestlers & Nikki Cross? Who I don't think they've ever done anything with of any note.

You don't recall Nikki ASH where 'ASH' stands for 'Almost A Superhero' because she couldn't be an actual superhero?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dawgstar posted:

You don't recall Nikki ASH where 'ASH' stands for 'Almost A Superhero' because she couldn't be an actual superhero?

I do now you mention it, but until that the last thing I remember her doing was being in Sanity

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

that's a good take tho

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

ill be honest I just wanted to post this because I love the motto and I had already posted in the social media thread. Let's say, the "why are we re-writing history," tweet is the bad one.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Nikki was Alexa’s tag team partner and they worked shockingly well together and were a lot of fun as a unit.

Then Alexa went spooky and Nikki got the worst costume ever and that’s when I stopped caring.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/bobcalamardo01/status/1787383983682252895

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dawgstar posted:

Shoulda been Nikki AAS the whole time smdh

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They dropped the bag when they didn't have her turn heel and become Nikki ASV

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Mexico Backlash feels like a setup for Bobby Heenan to insult Tito Santana, or for Cornette to be racist again.

Also what kind of MS Paint poo poo is that second one.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Canonical Mexican Punk bringing back the mariachi getup for Backlash Mexico

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I used to go to this one Taco Bell like 20 years ago and whenever I went inside to order they had a vending machine that had HOMIES in it and I always wondered who the hell intentionally bought those

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Elephant Ambush posted:

I used to go to this one Taco Bell like 20 years ago and whenever I went inside to order they had a vending machine that had HOMIES in it and I always wondered who the hell intentionally bought those

Brody King, I think

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

Dr. Orpheus

Atillo
Jan 9, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

This was such a great example of WWE's ability to run every single gimmick wrong. Normall they take a cool gimmick and give them so many losses that everyone stops caring. Here they took a lovable loser gimmick that needed a run of valiant losses to build crowd support and sent it straight into title contention to total apathy.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Atillo posted:

This was such a great example of WWE's ability to run every single gimmick wrong. Normall they take a cool gimmick and give them so many losses that everyone stops caring. Here they took a lovable loser gimmick that needed a run of valiant losses to build crowd support and sent it straight into title contention to total apathy.

i dont know if theres anything on earth that wouldve made Nikki ASH look like anything besides a nick jr. show gimmick in my eyes, but immediately strapping her up was a completely insane move

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

shiksa posted:

i dont know if theres anything on earth that wouldve made Nikki ASH look like anything besides a nick jr. show gimmick in my eyes, but immediately strapping her up was a completely insane move

I’m still amazed that they moved forward with that pretending that the concept of “Almost a Superhero” was so universal, they could initialize it and make it her last name.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I’m still amazed that they moved forward with that pretending that the concept of “Almost a Superhero” was so universal, they could initialize it and make it her last name.

i know, its like something an alien would come up with

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Should've gone with Superhero In Training

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Elephant Ambush posted:

My mom got a huge amount of those from a storage unit a few years back, not knowing what they were. She looked into it, almost immediately sold them, and fuckin' made bank.

Turns out there's a really hardcore and dedicated Homies fanbase and they sell for a ton of money on the collector's market! Who could have guessed?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

shiksa posted:

And then, IIRC, having her spend a month as Charlotte's bitch before Charlotte finally took back the title at the next major show.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Vandar posted:

My mom got a huge amount of those from a storage unit a few years back, not knowing what they were. She looked into it, almost immediately sold them, and fuckin' made bank.

Turns out there's a really hardcore and dedicated Homies fanbase and they sell for a ton of money on the collector's market! Who could have guessed?

Frankly this does not surprise me one bit

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I'm mad about Colt Cabana

quote:

Happy Birthday to the guy who is next to meaningless in the wrestling industry, but somehow managed to change wrestling history multiple times.

-Managed to create massive legal action with WWE
-Managed to be a trigger point for Punk's rant at All Out
-Which eventually lead to Punk's fight with Perry at All In
-Was booked to win the NWA title, and then new ownership didn't like him, so they changed the finish, leading to Adam Pearce and multiple companies leaving Bruce Tharpe's version of NWA.
-Lead the way in making wrestling podcasts popular, before even Steve Austin, and all the Conrad Thompson shows.
-One of the most important wrestling promos of all time, he's name dropped in.

It is frankly bizarre how this guy has managed to be a huge part of wrestling history, despite having a career that would be authorize forgotten.

Like his podcast episode with CM Punk, is one of the most important podcast episodes in the history of the wrestling industry.

~David

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Authorize: Forgotten

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Colt makes a pretty nice living from Pro Wrestling Tees and his producer role in AEW, but the REAL money comes from the fact that he apparently lives rent free in the heads of thousands of weirdos.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Funny how "got CM Punk real mad at him" is given like six bullet points and "effectively taught a generation of wrestlers how to self-market/self-promote in multiple ways that pretty directly led to AEW" is given one "started a podcast even before Stone Cold, I guess?"

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Cm punk got really mad at colt cabana

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

WWE do not deserve these G Gundam-rear end looking logos.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Colts feud with homicide in ROH is one of my favorite things ever.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The_Rob posted:

Colts feud with homicide in ROH is one of my favorite things ever.
Homicide poured Drano down his throat and then the final match ended with a respect spot so that was pretty funny.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

The_Rob posted:

homicide in ROH is one of my favorite things ever.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Shard posted:

Homicide poured Drano down his throat and then the final match ended with a respect spot so that was pretty funny.

That’s wrestling baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/leslieleeiii/status/1787839385574015235?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

https://x.com/leslieleeiii/status/1786603054931775778?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Hmm