Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Zero VGS posted:

I've got at least a thousand open tabs, and 64GB ram. It doesn't load each into ram when you reboot unless you actually click into them or pin them.

I won't act like having 50 actively loaded into ram won't crash my game to desktop though.

Yeah, I don't know if I've ever gotten to 7K tabs but I have upwards of 30 or 40 Firefox windows with well over 3,000 open tabs between them on the regular. My computer only has 16GB of RAM on it so yeah it runs slow as poo poo sometimes, but I still do it.

And yeah it hurts like hell when you lose all those tabs. Thankfully nowadays browsers are better about restoring your tabs when your computer reboots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEge-PXtdGk

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

It's not that crazy

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Roddy Piper shades.Gif

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
It’s pretty fuckin crazy bro

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Youtube keeps on presenting me with this extremely cursed advertisement image from Amnesty international. Just one of those AI generated pictures that looks worse the longer that you look at it. Tag yourself in the photo I'm gay Santa.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Breetai posted:

Youtube keeps on presenting me with this extremely cursed advertisement image from Amnesty international. Just one of those AI generated pictures that looks worse the longer that you look at it. Tag yourself in the photo I'm gay Santa.

That image has existed since 2021, so if you think it gets worse the longer you look at it, then you must hate THE GAYS. Because of reverse woke.

https://stock.adobe.com/images/Happ...campaign=tineye

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Their fingers look fine

Edit: OP knows it's real and just wanted to stir poo poo with some utr hate?

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
They did post an ad without paying to remove the stock photo watermark so that's something.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Breetai posted:

I'm pretty sure those are real people. I found the image on Shutterstock pretty easily, and went to the photographer's profile and found more. Also, Gay Santa is in a number of other, unrelated images (he's also pretty buff, if you're into that kind of thing).

Edit: beaten

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

I. M. Gei posted:

It's not that crazy

Having thousands of open tabs is totally deranged.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What are you talking about? It's clearly just a regular stock photo.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Paladinus posted:

What are you talking about? It's clearly just a regular stock photo.

Repost this if you believe in Gay Santa and that he's real and not fake like the others say.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Spazzle posted:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Well I have a poo poo ton of egg on my face then.

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022

Spazzle posted:

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Santa can be gay if he wants to be.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
man I routinely rack up like five windows and 100 tabs at least once a night before I start making myself close them, and I consider myself a crazy tab hoarder who has system performance issues.

how do you people live with yourselves.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
I just close the window anytime the tab titles become unreadable and I don't feel like trying to prune them. You can just search your history if whatever it was was actually important (it wasnt)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I just counted, I have 22 tabs open right now on my PC, and it's already an unreadable mess that I have to spend too long hovering over everything to find one, I'll be decimating it shortly. Some of you need professional help

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
lol if you dont close a tab as soon as youre bored of whatever you were looking at

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
I have 100 tabs open at all times, every single one a different full page image of Gay Santa

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Hi I'm Dr. Robin Zasio, a clinical psychyatrist and licensed therapist with a specialty in browser disorders

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Xmas gift for your recently divorced aunt

Seriously misread "aunt"

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

(chokes on smell from feral toilet) are you ever going to make this Bush-era NYT bisque recipe or should we just bookmark it (fat son discovers cats in freezer, yells)

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

What's a tab

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

not much what's a tab with you

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
How do you organize that poo poo, my tabs get teeny tiny when I get more than a dozen or two

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

(chokes on smell from feral toilet) are you ever going to make this Bush-era NYT bisque recipe or should we just bookmark it (fat son discovers cats in freezer, yells)

"feral toilet" would be a good username

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/AG1Rz3R.mp4

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Wow! Imagine seeing that.... a nice clean Peugeot 405 sedan

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

Seriously misread "aunt"

e:

Milo and POTUS posted:

How do you organize that poo poo, my tabs get teeny tiny when I get more than a dozen or two

I feel cursed every time I have to use my dad's PC for something, he has so many tabs open each one is just wide enough to show the icon for the page he's on. How he knows which of the dozen Google Logo or Facebook Logo tabs he wants to go to at any one time is beyond me.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

I wish I liked Arrested Development so I could understand the memes. :(

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Chrpno posted:

What's a tab

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Takes No Damage posted:

How he knows which of the dozen Google Logo or Facebook Logo tabs he wants to go to at any one time is beyond me.

Idea for a browser extension for the deranged:
tab roulette

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

My pops has about fifty tabs open between 3 different browsers. They’re also all active tabs because he forgets what each one is and clicks through all of them every time he needs to find something. My many different suggestions on how to make this less terrible have been met with “I like it this way”

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I can barely function with five tabs open

what the hell is wrong with you people

XavierAlexander
Mar 22, 2024

by Pragmatica

Captain Hygiene posted:

I just counted, I have 22 tabs open right now on my PC, and it's already an unreadable mess that I have to spend too long hovering over everything to find one, I'll be decimating it shortly. Some of you need professional help

how will closing 2 tabs help?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

XavierAlexander posted:

how will closing 2 tabs help?

It will get it down to a very gentlemanly 20 tabs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Apparently Chrome tells you the memory usage of every tab that's sitting there now, most of them are sitting at 200-250MB or so. And then there's the Paramount Plus tab, where the Star Trek episode I was watching earlier is just yoinking up 2GB :getin: