Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

FunkyFjord posted:

Same honestly. I've had far more annoying mic issues than I've had actively poo poo pubbie teammates and even those have been exceedingly rare.

How do people get that cape anyway? Was it for leaving a thumbs down review and then reversing it after Sony changed their minds?

its faked sadly :( But hope it becomes real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmyGroup303
Apr 10, 2004

If this were real life, I would have piloted this helicopter with you still in it.

BitBasher posted:

The grenade pistol gives you an option for closing bug holes without a primary, strategem or grenade having to be dedicated to it. This can be incredibly useful.

I don't know, but I'm with you on this one. The last week bug 7s have seemed dramatically harder.

Can confirm even as low as level five. Bugs respawns seem faster and patrols are more aggressive. Composition of patrols hasn't changed, though.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ArmTheHomeless posted:

I play with pubbies almost daily on 7s and 8s when I'm not with goons on discord. I haven't had a situation since near the beginning but I could be lucky. Still always better to play with buds but don't let a bad experience sour it entirely.

I have only played with pubbies and had one bad experience, it's pretty ok ime.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Dandywalken posted:

its faked sadly :( But hope it becomes real

Makes sense, it's equivalent to having a cape that's just a helldiver calvin pissing on a sony logo.

Which I would also wear.

E: I feel like with the current story bit about the TCS backfiring and Meridia becoming a super colony it only makes sense that the bugs are extra extra populated right now. And as someone who love the challenge of bots I'm real happy to see the chaos of bugs get bumped up too.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhxF_HVV73g

The timing on this is so bombastic

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Today I started a game via a sos.

Dropped in. Saw red lasers. Bot. Decided to crush them.

It was a fellow helldiver. I apologized. And he cracked up on the chat. All good fun baby.

Just played a game now with someoen asking me about best weapons for bots bc they mostly play bugs. I gave my advice, we won two levels, and lost a new round pretty badly but I said it be like that and we laughed and hugged.

Wholesome

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I gave the Arc 12 a whirl after watching someone use it in a video vrs bugs and it hauls so much rear end. Of course there's the whole accidental tk every once and a while but that's helldivers. Do people poo poo talk the zap shotgun?

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 02:53 on May 7, 2024

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

BitBasher posted:

I don't know, but I'm with you on this one. The last week bug 7s have seemed dramatically harder.

ArmyGroup303 posted:

Can confirm even as low as level five. Bugs respawns seem faster and patrols are more aggressive.

It's because for the last month we have been feeding the bug steroids and spraying them with mutagens.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

AndyElusive posted:

I gave the Arc 5 a whirl after watching someone use it in a video vrs bugs and it hauls so much rear end. Of course there's the whole accidental tk every once and a while but that's helldivers. Do people poo poo talk the zap shotgun?

As long as you don't hit them with the whole thing, and they weren't low on life, they'll probably live through it! Democracy!

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

The blitzer is actually good now. My friends and I have been doing tesla ops where we all wear the cutting edge armor that gives 95% shock resistance so we can zap everything that gets in our way and lock down areas with tesla towers.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I kind of want more electric gear now tbh.

Give me lightning grenades and a bolt rifle.

E: and then I'll just listen to Lightning Bolt during every operation.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

FunkyFjord posted:

I kind of want more electric gear now tbh.

Give me lightning grenades and a bolt rifle.

E: and then I'll just listen to Lightning Bolt during every operation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We_DLCYDaYw

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

For the Blitzer shotgun (electric arc one) a good tip is to only ADS when trying to get extra range or focus on a target. If you hip fire the arc spreads the cone more widely to reach extra targets but doesn't go as far. For most up close fights try more hip firing!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

dkj posted:

What the gently caress is with bugs today? Been an onslaught on just 7. Multiple stalker nests plus screechers, and like 5-7 bile titans each mission

HD2 actually getting a taste of HD1 difficulty :unsmigghh:

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

I really hope they add a presets system because there's a few kits I regularly use and being able to one click them would be nice.

Similarly, indicators for what boosters your team has so you can let the guy with only one booster be the one to use that, and you can choose one that's not covered by anyone else would be another nice QoL change

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Yeah, that's what I hope the other set of computers on the ship is for, preset armor/weapon builds

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

they're for Strategem Strategem Revolution, Stratagem Crisis, and House of the Stratagem 2

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yeah, that's what I hope the other set of computers on the ship is for, preset armor/weapon builds

armor paint station!

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Instead of saying that I have not had a single bad game with pubbies, I'd like a poll to find if the people who insist that they have terrible experiences with pubbies are on PS5 or PC, regardless of whether they have crossplay enabled or not (because who loving knows if that poo poo is actually working the way it should anyway).

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it's not that big of a deal

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Apple Craft posted:

Instead of saying that I have not had a single bad game with pubbies, I'd like a poll to find if the people who insist that they have terrible experiences with pubbies are on PS5 or PC, regardless of whether they have crossplay enabled or not (because who loving knows if that poo poo is actually working the way it should anyway).

You can tell its working by looking at your recently played list, it shows you what platform they're on. I get a pretty even mix of PS5 and PC players. I havent had any problems with toxicity, literally one of the least toxic games ive ever seen. Part of that is due to the inherently satirical nature of the game, as most people are most interested in being extra cooperative for "democracy!!"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Man, the game's performance and stability is still worse than usual

Also PSN I guess rip that

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I have just as much fun playing with randoms as I do with friends now, mainly because my friends don't play as much so can't do higher difficulties. Turned off crossplay it seems like PC players are a little bit better and higher level. When you get a full squad of competent high level people the game is so good. No voice chat, just working smoothly with pinging and tagging.

Tried the AC turret a bit more on bug 8s, I like it a lot, if you find a good spot it can handle a breach by itself, and it's effective on every enemy.

One thing I've found even in high level players is not understanding how blitzes work. Get people routinely going for side objectives instead of bug holes, not seeming to realise what's going to happen if you don't call extraction with 3 minutes to spare.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
I think I finally understand why so many people love the defender. It always felt worse than the knight to me because of damage output, but I hadn't fully grasped just how little recoil it has. It's like aiming a laser. I'm popping heavy dev heads left and right.

I also like how the stock folds while it's on your hip in the field. Good gun

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

We're really comfortable at 7's now, it's been a nice balance of challenging but not dick rippingly so yet still able to get super samples but I do think we'll be bumping it up next time. Tried it tonight and the stun + flamethrower to the leg of a charger feels like a drat cheat code. I still have really poor luck with the 500kgs against BTs though.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Valtonen posted:

Pubby lobbies seem very friendly- i’ve pubbied difficulty 9s as sub-lvl30 character and the only question was If I have a mic; even then just texting that I cant speak bc my kids are asleep was enough to build consensus and keep a good coop going.

As long as your not actively tanking the mission most people just laugh if you’re like 25 on helldive and die 10 times

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

I have just as much fun playing with randoms as I do with friends now, mainly because my friends don't play as much so can't do higher difficulties. Turned off crossplay it seems like PC players are a little bit better and higher level. When you get a full squad of competent high level people the game is so good. No voice chat, just working smoothly with pinging and tagging.

Tried the AC turret a bit more on bug 8s, I like it a lot, if you find a good spot it can handle a breach by itself, and it's effective on every enemy.

One thing I've found even in high level players is not understanding how blitzes work. Get people routinely going for side objectives instead of bug holes, not seeming to realise what's going to happen if you don't call extraction with 3 minutes to spare.

Every sub objective is 50exp, so even if you don’t extract (20 per meatbag) it’s always worth it to do them. If the team can’t handle the main objective while doing subs well that’s a different sort of problem.

Scaling this up 4 subs on helldive is worth 500, 4 warm bodies is worth 200. I will peel off extract to do subs because of that.

You technically have 14-15m on blitzes, just circle the extract until it’s time to leave and it’s totally safe. Spawn an alarm on the evac site during the emergency eagle at your own peril. As long as you complete the main and subs evac is secondary unless you’re sample farming still.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

i love oneshotting chargers in the face with an EAT or quasar, it's one of my favorite things to do in this game. anything else is a waste of a stratagem or ammo imo.

it is very satisfying when a teammate is being chased by a charger and you're able to just one shot it with an EAT.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Risky Bisquick posted:

Every sub objective is 50exp, so even if you don’t extract (20 per meatbag) it’s always worth it to do them. If the team can’t handle the main objective while doing subs well that’s a different sort of problem.

Scaling this up 4 subs on helldive is worth 500, 4 warm bodies is worth 200. I will peel off extract to do subs because of that.

You technically have 14-15m on blitzes, just circle the extract until it’s time to leave and it’s totally safe. Spawn an alarm on the evac site during the emergency eagle at your own peril. As long as you complete the main and subs evac is secondary unless you’re sample farming still.

Is xp good for anything though?

edit: I'm not being mean, i do the sub objectives because they're fun

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Pharmaskittle posted:

Isn't XP the main part of the new calculation for Squad Impact? Doing more objectives at higher levels means contributing to major orders more.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Strong Sauce posted:

it is very satisfying when a teammate is being chased by a charger and you're able to just one shot it with an EAT.

even better when you hit the charger

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Pharmaskittle posted:

It makes Number Go Up

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

tried the punisher plasma for the first time and once as I picked up a shield it would instantly explode on firing every time. was this playtested at all

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Pharmaskittle posted:

Is playing a game good for anything?

speaking seriously once you've played a lot, leveling your character is the only "progression" that exists anymore, even if there are no better titles to get past Admirable Admiral

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the funniest part about the punisher + energy shield combo is that it's a new problem, it only started doing it like a week ago lol

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

LazyMaybe posted:

speaking seriously once you've played a lot, leveling your character is the only "progression" that exists anymore, even if there are no better titles to get past Admirable Admiral

Super Private :colbert:

but I'm gunning for Hell Commander

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Babe Magnet posted:

the funniest part about the punisher + energy shield combo is that it's a new problem, it only started doing it like a week ago lol
There was an undocumented buff to the plasma projectile's collision so it's no longer small enough to slip through devastator armpits or between their legs, but it turned out to be so big it collides with the shield when fired, oops.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

When you equip the shield bubble it should have a post-it note stuck to the inside of the bubble warning you against using the Punisher Plasma.

Aeble
Oct 21, 2010

Estel posted:

Yes, on keyboard is holding the X key.

Only just learned this yesterday. Given how the game is *still* giving me switch weapons by using 1-2-3 cues, maybe it ought to have dropped that in somewhere. :v:

Also got to try the railgun. It feels really, really nice. Not sure if it can really replace autocannon or quasar (it has so few shots compared to either), but the feeling was great against the bots.

I really want to shake up my loadout some, I feel like I'm playing suboptimally if I don't take laser dog/shield, quasar, laser, 500kg as my default loadout. Switched it laser cannon for a bit, that was fun, but just playing with a single mate on 7 I don't feel like I have room to make as many mistakes.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Aeble posted:

I really want to shake up my loadout some, I feel like I'm playing suboptimally if I don't take laser dog/shield, quasar, laser, 500kg as my default loadout.

I feel the same if I don't take (for bots) autocannon, airstrike, 500kg, autocannon sentry, sickle, senator, stun.

For bugs is autocannon, EAT, cluster, rail cannon, Blitzer, senator, incendiary.

It's great how everyone takes their loadout that they are sure is the best and can't be topped but everyone's is different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I'm still new (just hit level 10) and I'm just running around easy and medium missions with spray and pray weapons (the uzi, whatever rifle that is you can reload one handed), an auto-turret, and a grenade launcher. Despite reading the OP and the last couple of pages, I have no idea what an optimal loadout looks like, and no idea how to get orange coins (super samples?). I am enjoying myself thoroughly.