Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I'm still new (just hit level 10) and I'm just running around easy and medium missions with spray and pray weapons (the uzi, whatever rifle that is you can reload one handed), an auto-turret, and a grenade launcher. Despite reading the OP and the last couple of pages, I have no idea what an optimal loadout looks like, and no idea how to get orange coins (super samples?). I am enjoying myself thoroughly.

The optimal loadout changes depending on the last balance patch, and of course it's also a very 'ymmv', in this thread you can get conflicting opinions in what is Op and what is Up.So just enjoy the game.

To get super samples, you need to play difficulty 7 and up. Kinda sucks when you are new, I know, but in time you will get good enough to play at those difficulties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
super samples are purple, the orange ones are rare and start showing up at difficulty 4

Droxis
Dec 24, 2004

"The only thing peace accomplished was stagnation."

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I'm still new (just hit level 10) and I'm just running around easy and medium missions with spray and pray weapons (the uzi, whatever rifle that is you can reload one handed), an auto-turret, and a grenade launcher. Despite reading the OP and the last couple of pages, I have no idea what an optimal loadout looks like, and no idea how to get orange coins (super samples?). I am enjoying myself thoroughly.

Your loadouts will end up a mixture of personal taste and whatever you expect to be dealing with. Generally you can't go wrong with bringing ways to deal with groups and heavier enemies, how hard you want to lean into either largely up to you and what your team is bringing. Alternatively, you can just bring the autocannon every mission once you unlock it and constantly talk about how you bring the autocannon every mission to anyone that will listen. :v:

Just figure it out as you go and experiment!

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

It's even easier to mix around your loadout if you pay attention to what your team has. If you notice that you are joining a team where 3 other people have a quasar, then you don't need a 4th quasar. Same thing applies for stratagems. Feel free to bring something a bit different. Understanding how the enemies work makes it easier to know when you should fight or just run away, because it's not the type of game where you should try to solo everything. Sometimes 2 minutes of extraction is spent trying to avoid death because your guns are useless.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

New Patch!

tl;dr
:siren: DOT Damage Fixed :siren:

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1cm7j8j/patch_01000302_live/

🛠️ PATCH 01.000.302 ⚙️
🌍 Overview

For this patch, we have made improvements and changes to the following areas:

Some weapon and enemy balancing
Crash fixes
Social Menu issues
DoT damage fix
Misaligned scopes fix
General fixes and improvements

⚖️ Balancing
Primary, Secondary, & Support Weapons

R-9 Eruptor
Increased explosion damage by 40 and removed shrapnel from the explosion
This is to avoid cases in which players would randomly one-shot themselves or their teammates in a huge radius around the explosion

Enemies
Increased Shrieker sight and hearing range slightly.
Increased Gunship hearing range slightly.

🔧 Fixes
Gameplay

We have fixed issues with the way Damage-over-time effects were being applied. This should fix issues where only the network session owner could apply them, and other cases where they would be applied inconsistently.
Firing the Punisher Plasma while wearing a shield backpack no longer damages the Helldiver
Fixed issues with some weapon scopes not being aligned in First-Person-View.
The sound when stimming no longer plays while being interrupted
Major orders with the “Kill task” now track score correctly. Previously it counted the entire squad’s kills once for each player, meaning it would multiply the score by the number of people on the mission; this is now amended.
Helldivers can no longer land on tall rocks in the “Horde Defend Missions”
Helldivers can no longer land on top of bug pillars in Deactivate Terminid Control System missions
Fix for the reinforce stratagem not being present if a Helldiver leaves the session before readying up and then hot joining the active session

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

fixed dot, fixed scope issues and eruptor shrapnel. sounds good

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

"Major orders with the “Kill task” now track score correctly. Previously it counted the entire squad’s kills once for each player, meaning it would multiply the score by the number of people on the mission; this is now amended."

:lol: I knew it

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

quote:

The sound when stimming no longer plays while being interrupted
forget the dot fix, this is the true mvp patch note

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
forget everything, scope misalignment fix gently caress yeah

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
What a lovely patch

Zombeef
Feb 15, 2014

LazyMaybe posted:

forget everything, scope misalignment fix gently caress yeah

:emptyquote:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:lol: loving Destructoid putting out AI generated news articles they haven't loving proof-read

https://www.destructoid.com/helldivers-2-01-000-302-patch-notes-dot-finally-fixed-r-9-eruptor-changes-more/

quote:

The glitch meant that only the owner of the session could deal DoT damage, which was a big problem for those who had just joined them for the battle. This put squads at a significant disadvantage and essentially stopped players from using weapons like the M-25 Rumbler or AR-14D Paragon. Thankfully, DoT is now working as expected.

Sure do love my *checks notes* Helldiver 1 weapons
https://helldivers.fandom.com/wiki/M-25_Rumbler
https://helldivers.fandom.com/wiki/AR-14D_Paragon

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Okay I don't know what scopes they fixed (it's a little hard to tell with the AMR, it's probably better) but they definitely did not fix the HMG scope, lol

Some people are declaring the eruptor dead because it lost a lot of direct damage against medium enemies like devastators and brood commanders without hitting them with multiple shrapnel projectiles. I guess they have a point if it now takes, say, 3 shots instead of 1 or 2.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 11:15 on May 7, 2024

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

no no....its true, those weapons are no longer in vogue because they're not even in the game. (yet?)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Excited for when my precious spear gets fixed

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

RoyalScion posted:

Helldivers can no longer land on tall rocks in the “Horde Defend Missions”

Boooo

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Dot fix, finally. Gas and napalm actually usable now.

Additionally the new fire grenade has a chance of being good now.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The Arc Blitzer is actually 5 little aimbots each with a 120 degree cone that extends from the front of the gun. When you pull the trigger each aimbot tries to headshot exactly one enemy up to 30m in front of it. They do 50 damage base, but headshots functionally mean they do a lot more. They don't know what the other aimbots are doing (so you can have multiple shots hit the same target) and they can target corpses and occasionally landscape stuff. They do not jump or arc to additional targets.

ADS adds 1 meter to the distance and reduces the cone by a very small amount (I believe 5 degrees?).

Based on these limitations the best thing to do is simply to run around and hip fire it. Don't stay in one place too long fighting a horde or the amount of corpses on the ground will seriously impair the gun's efficiency.

So yeah keep this stuff in mind as you use the gun, it's very good up to Helldive, where enemy density just sort of overwhelms it without a lot of mobility and tactical retreating.

ok after reading this i went back and tried the blitzer again and i think that it's fine. i feel like the gun needs some kind of in game explanation for how it works, i almost never hipfire weapons and assumed it worked like the arc thrower

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hey cousin, let's go bowling
https://i.imgur.com/KPzaHP6.mp4

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Sindai posted:

Okay I don't know what scopes they fixed (it's a little hard to tell with the AMR, it's probably better) but they definitely did not fix the HMG scope, lol

contrary to the patch notes iirc the bug that was fixed was something like projectiles being fired several miliseconds after the gun shoots, causing them to be effected by their own recoil. the hmg might be an actual misaligned scope

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m gonna gas some bots tomorrow

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The Arc Blitzer is actually 5 little aimbots each with a 120 degree cone that extends from the front of the gun. When you pull the trigger each aimbot tries to headshot exactly one enemy up to 30m in front of it. They do 50 damage base, but headshots functionally mean they do a lot more. They don't know what the other aimbots are doing (so you can have multiple shots hit the same target) and they can target corpses and occasionally landscape stuff. They do not jump or arc to additional targets.

ADS adds 1 meter to the distance and reduces the cone by a very small amount (I believe 5 degrees?).

Based on these limitations the best thing to do is simply to run around and hip fire it. Don't stay in one place too long fighting a horde or the amount of corpses on the ground will seriously impair the gun's efficiency.

So yeah keep this stuff in mind as you use the gun, it's very good up to Helldive, where enemy density just sort of overwhelms it without a lot of mobility and tactical retreating.

I mostly play on 7 and when paired with the Rover the Blitzer feels fantastic. You never run out of ammo or have to reload and you can blast bugs all day. If they don't die immediately to the Blitzer it pushes them back for the Rover to finish them off. EATs to deal with chargers, stun grenades if you need a sec to prioritize them. Spewers can be stunned out of their spit attack by the Blitzer, but their huge bodies are a problem and require frequent repositioning, as you said. Being able to kill guards from the front with the Blitzer is trivial, since they stop and sit still to block the Rover. Only thing that gives me pause is titans but those typically require more than one person to headshot them anyway unless my EAT just came off cooldown. With my EMS mortar backing me up I can easily hold off an entire breach or large hive sans titans alone.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 12:51 on May 7, 2024

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Besides 500kg, what is a good strategem to use for bile titans when there is increased orbital call-in time? EATs and throw them extra far away?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dren posted:

Besides 500kg, what is a good strategem to use for bile titans when there is increased orbital call-in time? EATs and throw them extra far away?

Railgun strike.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Orbital Railcannon Strike

Just don't use it when they're spewing bile, as the animation blocks the 1-shot spot

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Dren posted:

I have seen people use 110s, havent tried it myself though.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

RoyalScion posted:

We have fixed issues with the way Damage-over-time effects were being applied. This should fix issues where only the network session owner could apply them, and other cases where they would be applied inconsistently.
Fixed issues with some weapon scopes not being aligned in First-Person-View.

:blessed:

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Dyz posted:

I have seen people use 110s, havent tried it myself though.

There was a short period where everyone got 110s and while it sorta works, it's no railcannon strike. Seems to take a lot more 110s when a railcannon + some extra top-off damage will deal with a bile titan proper.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Has anyone tried eruptor post patch? If it’s true that it doesn’t one shot bug mediums any more that’s unfortunate, game didn’t need more useless primaries.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Holy poo poo!

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

causticBeet posted:

Has anyone tried eruptor post patch? If it’s true that it doesn’t one shot bug mediums any more that’s unfortunate, game didn’t need more useless primaries.

I always thought it was too strong to begin with, given its additional utility as the only Primary that can blow up spawners. If it can still fare well against D6+ Bile Spewers it'll be fine.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

causticBeet posted:

How many people were actually killed by Eruptor shrapnel from far away? I've not been hit by it once. Am I just lucky or was that all a bit overblown?

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

I love the double-take when the turret explodes.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

BastardySkull posted:

How many people were actually killed by Eruptor shrapnel from far away? I've not been hit by it once. Am I just lucky or was that all a bit overblown?

The last time I used it, which was post 'your shrapnel can now kill you!' patch last week, I died three times to my shrapnel in maybe an hour of play.

This was from 20+ meters away. I was using the Eruptor a lot and I always fired it from a 'safe' distance. It wasn't safe anymore.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

I guess I was just lucky. It feels like a bit of a lazy nerf, the shrapnel was cool and worked fine until they patched the ricochet issue (?) and forgot that also counted for shrapnel. I'm not convinced it was OP and needed any kind of nerf. I guess I'm just pissed off that yet again another gun I like (and don't use exclusively, mind you!) isn't as good anymore.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Doesn’t this mean the next patch they will downtune fire dot damage?

Pharmaskittle posted:

Is xp good for anything though?

edit: I'm not being mean, i do the sub objectives because they're fun

When you’re totally capped on everything, it’s something to do. Cool titles don’t farm themselves you know.

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 13:50 on May 7, 2024

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Last night I was trying to kill this rocket dev and was prone behind a rock and I kept shooting the eruptor into the rock and sending me back flying

It was comical and awful. No shrapnel though.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

BastardySkull posted:

I guess I was just lucky. It feels like a bit of a lazy nerf, the shrapnel was cool and worked fine until they patched the ricochet issue (?) and forgot that also counted for shrapnel. I'm not convinced it was OP and needed any kind of nerf. I guess I'm just pissed off that yet again another gun I like (and don't use exclusively, mind you!) isn't as good anymore.

:shrug: They said the shrapnel was actually causing a negligible amount of damage to enemies and they buffed the damage of the explosive to make up for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I remember they said the change to the Eruptor would be a defacto buff when they announced their plan. If it is doing less damage that sucks.