Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

ShadowHawk posted:

Oh, apparently I wasn't lucky to have exactly 50,000 requisition, that's actually the money cap and the game never told me to go and spend it on unlocking strategems

You wont be able to spend it fast enough tbh, it accumulates quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

AndyElusive posted:

Is it just me or do Stalkers no sell the Arc 12 Blitzer? It seems to barely stun lock them.

In my experience, barely is the right term, yeah. Stops them but they are quick to recover so you can't be missing a beat with your rate of fire.

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009

ninjewtsu posted:

thank you! so is shooting at the head the recommended strat or should i be aiming at the side to blow open a hole in the armor or something?

Somehow, when the BT is spitting, it's forehead weakpoint slides back and clips through its back-armor. If you're shooting it with AT, you should wait out the spit and fire when you see that forehead slide back out. If it's already under 30-40m I'd just throw a 500kg or Orbital Precision Strike about 20m away and let it spit (20m range) right on top of the beam. You can look at the beam to get a reading of the distance on your HUD. This might require you to be its target though. It can be super annoying when teammates are shooting it with small arms fire constantly and making it change targets.

AtomikKrab posted:

The mouth while they are preparing to spew is their main weakpoint.

This seems to not be correct anymore. I've had the most success 2-shotting them aiming the forehead after the spit.

Baby T. Love fucked around with this message at 16:20 on May 7, 2024

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Risky Bisquick posted:

You wont be able to spend it fast enough tbh, it accumulates quickly

It feels like a bug in how they recover, because they sort of slide around after they get staggered, and shooting them mid-air doesn't seem to have any stagger/slow effect.

Stalkers suck now. I get it, they wanted them to actually be stealthy ambushers, but they really went overboard. A twin Double Stalker Lair spawn is worse than a Gunship/Jammer by a pretty substantial margin, I feel.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Were stalkers buffed? I just had a very bad experience with a single one decloaking and basically instantly killing me through a shield while I was diving. I tried this a couple times with the same result. Before you could juke their melee attacks but now the melee attack tracks very well it seems

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

ShadowHawk posted:

Oh, apparently I wasn't lucky to have exactly 50,000 requisition, that's actually the money cap and the game never told me to go and spend it on unlocking strategems

thats on you. what were you holding on to the rep slips for anyways. spend those diver

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I finally tried out the flamethrower on some bug 7s last night before the DOT fix and I'm absolutely a convert now.
Gotta take something still for the bigger boys but knocking out a charger in such a short amount of time is a game changer.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Just had a weird match where there was a random 15m area or so of ground where if anyone walked into it they'd just fall over dead. We wasted nearly all our Reinforcements taking turns walking into the murder circle because it was really funny.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Wholesome pubbie took my gun and ran off with it.

They gave me a spear though.

Better than the guys that just tag your poo poo and RUN THE gently caress OFF WHILE IT IS ON COOLDOWN :argh:

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

The kit I find myself taking often for both bots and bugs is real simple: heavy armor, liberator, redeemer, MG43, EAT, shield pack, ammo or health booster, and whatever fire support stratagem would be the most useful for the mission. Typically I'll take eagle bombs or clusters, but the recent fix to gas has made it a really nice pick for shutting down bug tunnel breaches. For the main weapons I just find that it gives me something reliable for all occasions. Hunter swarm? Liberator is handy and has plenty of shots. Medium bug swarm? MG43 at 900rpm has you covered. Charger, Titan or Tank? Eat it. The shield with heavy armor will get you through quite a few explosions, let you survive vomit or charges and let you stay alive and in the fight. I've played up to 7s with this.

Xerxes17 fucked around with this message at 17:11 on May 7, 2024

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Risky Bisquick posted:

Were stalkers buffed? I just had a very bad experience with a single one decloaking and basically instantly killing me through a shield while I was diving. I tried this a couple times with the same result. Before you could juke their melee attacks but now the melee attack tracks very well it seems

Yes, hugely. They seem like they have more HP (or regen what they have faster, so 1 hit ttks still work but multi hits take more), can ignore stuns/staggers when in their escape jump, of course you can't see them, and have a berserker combo that essentially functions as a 1 hit kill (because you're going to be stun locked and die).

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

stalkers are also the reason light armor isn't a slam pick for bugs like most folks think. being small and fast is all good until two of those bastards appear behind you like goku.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Just had a weird match where there was a random 15m area or so of ground where if anyone walked into it they'd just fall over dead. We wasted nearly all our Reinforcements taking turns walking into the murder circle because it was really funny.

Did someone ignite a pocket of methane?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yes, hugely. They seem like they have more HP (or regen what they have faster, so 1 hit ttks still work but multi hits take more), can ignore stuns/staggers when in their escape jump, of course you can't see them, and have a berserker combo that essentially functions as a 1 hit kill (because you're going to be stun locked and die).

one of the reasons I have been loving Eruptor on bugs is because its a 1 shot to stalkers / can cripple them if you don't kill them and now I think until they fix the damage its gonna be a huge liability.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

turn off the TV posted:

the head is the bile titan's weakpoint and should take two direct hits from a rocket but they hosed up the hitbox or something a while ago so that ever happening is basically a miracle

Not really, you're just not supposed to shoot them in the jaw you're supposed to shoot them in the forehead-- just like a charger. However, their forehead clips through their back armor when they puke so there's no reason to shoot them while they're puking.

Back in the day, people would jam a railgun into a bile titan's mouth while it's spitting acid-- it was very cinematic and cool but kinda doesn't make sense. Their brain is presumably behind their forehead just like a charger. Chargers dying to you burning the poo poo out of their leg also doesn't make sense, but that's likely an issue about localizing damage.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I had a lot of success yesterday dropping a Rail Cannon strike on a Bile Titan then bonking it on the head with an EAT after it finished spewing. Even hitting a bit to the right or left of the head seemed to do the trick.

I have found with Stalkers either I can avoid them in my light armor or I die instantly. Medium armor? Cant avoid them and I still die instantly. I'm sticking with the Light armor.

edit: I really hope we get something to spend req slips and/or excess samples on one day - I would absolutely love to be able to reduce the Cooldown on EATs, or have them drop with 3 instead of 2 per pod. Or something.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 7, 2024

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
My entire bug strat is just kiting a super train of them while laser dog and turrets kill everything, stopping only to quasar and call in eagles all while yakety sax plays on loop

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

ninjewtsu posted:

also the wiki seems to say that taking out a factory strider requires shooting out its top turret and both of its gatling guns, then running under it to shoot at its underbelly. that seems kind of ridiculous, is that actually the thing you need to do if you're out of railcannon and 500KG strategems?

Disabling the guns isn't required to kill the factory strider, but the gatlings are pretty killy so taking them out makes it safer to engage. The belly is just one of the weakpoints. There's also the top of the dropper clamps, the joints, the face, and some heavier AT can open up the side.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

darnon posted:

Disabling the guns isn't required to kill the factory strider, but the gatlings are pretty killy so taking them out makes it safer to engage. The belly is just one of the weakpoints. There's also the top of the dropper clamps, the joints, the face, and some heavier AT can open up the side.

Do you need recoilless/quasar for the face or will autocannon do?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

ninjewtsu posted:

Do you need recoilless/quasar for the face or will autocannon do?

AC works well if you're blasting em in the face.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Baby T. Love posted:

Somehow, when the BT is spitting, it's forehead weakpoint slides back and clips through its back-armor. If you're shooting it with AT, you should wait out the spit and fire when you see that forehead slide back out. If it's already under 30-40m I'd just throw a 500kg or Orbital Precision Strike about 20m away and let it spit (20m range) right on top of the beam. You can look at the beam to get a reading of the distance on your HUD. This might require you to be its target though. It can be super annoying when teammates are shooting it with small arms fire constantly and making it change targets.

This seems to not be correct anymore. I've had the most success 2-shotting them aiming the forehead after the spit.

cosigning this post

wait till they complete the spit animation then shoot them in the forehead. Two shots every time.

And shoot at them to aggro them to you so you can hit them with 500kg or orbital precision.

Risky Bisquick posted:

yeah they were buffed they are not a big deal if you have a shield generator pack and a weapon that can kill them or get them to run away before they can hit you twice. their heads are a weak point but are hard to hit due to all their spindly limbs.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Diephoon posted:

I wanted to see this in slow motion
https://i.imgur.com/CUebaza.mp4

this is such a perfect physics interaction, it's like they somehow expected this to happen

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
when do i get my review bomb cape

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gotta link your account to a positive review to get it

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Infinitum posted:

Gotta link your account to a positive review to get it

Well that sucks. Nobody has ever given me a positive review.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

AndyElusive posted:

Is it just me or do Stalkers no sell the Arc 12 Blitzer? It seems to barely stun lock them.

Lately yeah. It's problematic

tokenbrownguy posted:

stalkers are also the reason light armor isn't a slam pick for bugs like most folks think. being small and fast is all good until two of those bastards appear behind you like goku.

I've been considering going to medium versus bugs just for this reason. Light armor loses more than half its life to a stalker hit now meaning stims burn like wildfire because it's hard to get any distance since they seem to spawn much higher multiples now.

I didn't used to care about stalkers. I care now. Screw those guys.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

I was playing a random mission on Heeth last night solo, with atmospheric spores (so no radar), and a blizzard started while stalkers were hunting me. It straight up turned into a horror game for a few minutes as I spun around frantically, shooting at shadows

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
it’s why I always bring the punisher to stunlock stalkers, you can do a double hole by yourself pretty simply if you don’t mess up

Slust
Oct 22, 2021

tokenbrownguy posted:

Light armor is still fine for me but stalkers and hunters are the reason the punisher never leaves my side on bug missions

Slust
Oct 22, 2021

RoyalScion posted:

it’s why I always bring the punisher to stunlock stalkers, you can do a double hole by yourself pretty simply if you don’t mess up

Same time same thought, nice

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

I haven't been able to play today, but how's the DoT fix going? Is the Breaker Incendiary as busted as I think it will be now?

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I don't play solo often, but I will occasionally play a mission or two during my lunch break.

I don't know about the numbers they gave for player count scaling after the patch, but at least bug missions are much, much more difficult solo now. There are many more patrols, and they tend to contain more bugs than before, too.

I usually do my solo runs on difficulty 4, which used to be pretty easy. Not a complete cakewalk, but good runs with some challenging parts and some short downtime between encounters. Now they're so overloaded with bugs that there's basically no breathing room, ever, and it's much easier to get swarmed by multiple hunter-type enemies.

I don't like the new pace at all. I know the game isn't designed or balanced around solo/duo players, but this change sucks for people who can't or don't want to drop in with a full group all the time.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
AMR scope certainly seems to be fixed

HMG scope isn't, probably because it's a different issue(AMR issue was recoil after a shot getting applied to that same shot's trajectory, not actual scope misalignment which HMG seems to have)

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009
I like the new stalkers. I think it's better when you cannot deal with them alone without specialized equipment. I just think you ought to know going in if they're in the area so you can prepare for them both with gear and your plan for splitting up. Would be neat if there was a Helmet Booster slot for you to put in non-teamwide miniboosters like "Detect Cloaked Enemies" or "Analyze Armor" or "See Projectile Trajectory" or "Show Large Enemy Healthbars" or whatever.

Slust
Oct 22, 2021

WhiteHowler posted:

I don't play solo often, but I will occasionally play a mission or two during my lunch break.

I don't know about the numbers they gave for player count scaling after the patch, but at least bug missions are much, much more difficult solo now. There are many more patrols, and they tend to contain more bugs than before, too.

I usually do my solo runs on difficulty 4, which used to be pretty easy. Not a complete cakewalk, but good runs with some challenging parts and some short downtime between encounters. Now they're so overloaded with bugs that there's basically no breathing room, ever, and it's much easier to get swarmed by multiple hunter-type enemies.

I don't like the new pace at all. I know the game isn't designed or balanced around solo/duo players, but this change sucks for people who can't or don't want to drop in with a full group all the time.

Pretty much my thoughts on this as well. I would play solo on difficulty 4 when Im just screwing around looking for super credits or just knocking out the daily challenge and now Im not making it to extraction sometimes

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Baby T. Love posted:

I like the new stalkers. I think it's better when you cannot deal with them alone without specialized equipment. I just think you ought to know going in if they're in the area so you can prepare for them both with gear and your plan for splitting up. Would be neat if there was a Helmet Booster slot for you to put in non-teamwide miniboosters like "Detect Cloaked Enemies" or "Analyze Armor" or "See Projectile Trajectory" or "Show Large Enemy Healthbars" or whatever.

Nightvision and thermal imaging was something they planned to do but didn't have time for so we might get that kind of thing yet.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Baby T. Love posted:

This is fair, the bot "equivalent" to me is gunships and you need some way of shooting them down to deal with them.

But the breaker incendiary is going to be the top dog in bugs now for sure so all those pellets flying everywhere will help.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I have both the XXL Eagle Bay and the Combustion upgrade, looking forward to dropping some Eagle Napalm and FIRING IT UP.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Interesting post on durable part damage here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1cmg8nu/damage_is_still_not_what_you_think_how_explosive/

TL;DR:
-Durable parts isn't just "10% damage, 100% from explosives", but every weapon has a separate damage number for durable parts used for damage calculations
-Durable parts have a durability number from 0 to 100, which determines how much damage it takes from normal/durable damage. The example given was Brood Commander heads, which are apparently 60%, and so take 40% of normal damage and 60% of durable damage added together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Dyz posted:

But the breaker incendiary is going to be the top dog in bugs now for sure so all those pellets flying everywhere will help.

How is the breaker inc with the buffs to DOT? Does it whip? Until eruptor gets fixed I am thinking of swapping over to that for bugs.