Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: loquacius)

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀

fits my needs posted:

the comments on this one own, why werent there any chinese actors playing the main parts? lol

uhh...well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

PhilippAchtel posted:

Here's your form

Willa

Mercury was in retrograde, I apologize

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

uhh...well...

:freeland:

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

what does willa have to do with anything

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Rubellavator posted:

The post in question was ninja edited. That's going to require another apology form!

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Rubellavator posted:

on a long enough timeline all threads devolve into cults of personality

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1787834953327104511

So confusing! What do they want??

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

man it's almost like it's her job to not understand this

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

we have our best journalistic minds working on this inscrutable riddle full time. by god we will figure this out

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

This idiot out here trying occupy Wallstreet and black lives matter dissent suppression tactics. They already moved on to brutal police state violence dummy, the gaslighting stage wasn't necessary.

May 7, 2024

Somebody has issued a correction as of 17:53 on May 7, 2024

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

PhilippAchtel posted:

Here's your form

lmaoooo

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hillary Clinton destroyed the state department so thoroughly the CIA does all diplomacy now

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

PhilippAchtel posted:

Here's your form

yup

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://x.com/TheAtlantic/status/1787837362443022789

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Nonsense posted:

Hillary Clinton destroyed the state department so thoroughly the CIA does all diplomacy now

Hillary... did some good?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

https://twitter.com/RadioFreeTom/status/1349093080260096002

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Yeah I too think the best way to combat antidemocracy is by violent police action on student protestors.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Asproigerosis posted:

Yeah I too think the best way to combat antidemocracy is by violent police action on student protestors.

And then whine about how "democracy" is on the ballot, of course.

e: When does Gramps' "antisemitism bad" speech happen?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 16:08 on May 7, 2024

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀
Anne Applebaum would be the expert I'd call about Nazi propaganda, to be fair to the Atlantic.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/mongayaKM/status/1787822848243024301?t=FLIIf1QyVfYAyzEy1kFfWQ&s=19

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

I assume this article points that Western democracies are increasingly failed states incapable of providing for their citizens' basic needs and becoming less representative while autocracies are doing the opposite, right?

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Al! posted:

yeah it would be like My Girl

Mayor Pete encounters Mr. Burn's dogs that shoot bees out of their mouths and it doesn't go the way he planned...

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀
It’s because, ironically in light of the Tooze thing, they refuse to connect politics to economics, since in their ideology politics is not a process that determines the allocation of resources within a society, the market does. Politics does nothing, really, it’s removed from material reality.

So differentiating “Democracy” and “Authoritarianism” can only be about aesthetics, and I suppose process - but the process of what is also waved away, since it would include material distribution. Remember in their minds you can’t, or ”shouldn’t” distribute resources democratically either. The people can vote on everything except food and shelter.

Neoliberalism killed their precious liberal capitalist democracy because on top of hollowing out all the institutions and everything, it’s just a pantomime of politics and people have no reason to participate in, or care about, it.

It’s why Biden is the perfect man of the moment because it shows that nothing matters, there is no politics, there’s no democracy, there’s not even an executive.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Rubellavator posted:

will is our lord and savior. begone you!

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

He got sick and died. Maybe his parents shouldnt have named him sick nick id they didn’t want little nick to get sick and die

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Oh I was at a place and then I went home and died of an illness later on I’d say it’s funny but it’s probably enough to support a felony murder conviction in Texas

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

I hate democracy!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Asproigerosis posted:

Hell yeah! Let's put bodycams on the truncheons and really get people in on the action

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://x.com/TheAtlantic/status/1787856238388089122

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The obvious solution is to say you're blowing the whistle on Boeing, but then also say you have information that will lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton. That way, the kill teams will fight each other over who gets to kill you.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

the_steve posted:

The obvious solution is to say you're blowing the whistle on Boeing, but then also say you have information that will lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton. That way, the kill teams will fight each other over who gets to kill you.

poker scene from John Wick 4

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Finding the right words will be a miracle given how senile he is.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Finding the right words will be a miracle given how senile he is.

"the holocaust was bad. pause."

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Democracy is when you get to vote but the actual policies implemented are statistically uncorrelated with your preferences regardless of who you vote for

oh sorry that's a minimalist interpretation

Democracy also should include guarantees of human rights that exist only while being used as cudgels against state enemies and conveniently stop existing otherwise, and guarantees of civil liberties that exist to enable fascists and stop existing nanoseconds before a police baton impacts a student's head

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/atrupar/status/1787875732732915857

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
never forget :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump