Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
i can't move to windows 11 because i'm a taskbar on top sicko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

duomo posted:

i can't move to windows 11 because i'm a taskbar on top sicko

if you install StartAllBack you can get all the windows 7+ functionality back and make explorer UI not a dogshit cartoon for children. it’s mandatory for 11

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Kiryu's Rush style is so much loving fun, the LB dodge is so OP once you get the timing down

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

RealityWarCriminal posted:

prey is goated. hard to imagine anything in the genre topping it

The flex of giving you the glue gun right off the bat, basically daring you to start trying to break the game, was a masterful bit of game design.

And then later you get to turn into a cup and poo poo and the real sequence breaking begins

There really never will be another

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

RealityWarCriminal posted:

prey is goated. hard to imagine anything in the genre topping it

:hmmyes:

Xaris posted:

Grounded was really good, I think it bombed but they should make another one

:hmmyes:

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Nonsense posted:

Television is what matters to Todd, he gets to hang out with the stars now. Elder Scrolls will be a tv show only.

he probably got to direct Linda Carter back before 9/11

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Al! posted:

the outer worlds has decent enough bones that if they focused all of their energy into making a game the scale and modability of fallout new vegas theyd knock it out of the park. instead theyre making two half open world games that will bum out the people who liked new vegas, again

lmao yeah. Just make everything moddable lah. Todd howard's biggest mistake was picking up fallout instead of letting it die in the dumpster. Entire generations of people gonna watch hbomber guy videos on fallout 3 and New Vegas and think this is the peak of politcal action.

DaysBefore posted:

I look forward to the tankbuster victory lap after Outer Worlds 2 that is so devastating every Obsidian fan on the forum simultaneously autobans

Tankbuster has issued a correction as of 18:51 on May 7, 2024

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Hbomberguy was wrong about FO3

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

CrossCode ftw. Haven't touched Yakuza 5 since I started. Lmao @ the penguin cave.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

i think the factions in fnv make me like the game more than 3/4 but that's mostly because it makes playthroughs of the game different. fallout 3/4 always play the same no matter what

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Hbomberguy was wrong about FO3

idk why people need to be mad at fo3 to think new vegas was better. theyre both good! and new vegas had the opportunity to learn from the mistakes of fo3 or else it would have been a much worse game

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I do not think Fallout 3 was very well written but I also think hbomberguy should be thrown off the side of the Grand Canyon (New Vegas reference soyface!!!!) for inflicting thousands of video essay brained people on Fallout discussions. In the good old days those people were restricted to No Mutants Allowed and we were all the better for it

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Fallout 3 had some issues but it sold millions of copies and made Bethesda a bunch of money so I guess those issues didn't stop anyone from buying the game

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
fo3 was kinda cool for the first two years until new vegas came out

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Avowed will be good.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Fo3 felt like a short rear end game from the single play through I did. When I got out of the vault i did the typical open world thing of picking a direction to explore it just so happens the direction it took me to was Dad and I beat the game very quickly compared to scrolls games.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I haven't played 3 in a long rear end time. Might do a run after NV

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

hate the unskippable prolog poo poo in any game. sorry game devs, you are not in the film industry.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Popy posted:

Fo3 felt like a short rear end game from the single play through I did. When I got out of the vault i did the typical open world thing of picking a direction to explore it just so happens the direction it took me to was Dad and I beat the game very quickly compared to scrolls games.
yeah it’s not good. very janky, poorly written, gameplay was really clunky, has that lovely Xbox 360 era bloom, but most importantly just does not have any meat on the bone

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Hi-Fi Rush is in the Humble Choice this month, I guess to celebrate the closure and destruction of Tango Gameworks.

Also Yakuza: Like a Dragon, but everyone should own that already.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lol hbomberguy didn’t invent people making GBS threads on FO3 and praising New Vegas.
i always see people revisiting skyrim, new vegas, and FO4 but rarely see people revisiting FO3. It’s just not a very good game

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

bedpan posted:

hate the unskippable prolog poo poo in any game. sorry game devs, you are not in the film industry.

basically the only video game director that's any good at cinematography is kojima. it's amazing how bad other game directors are at like basic shot composition. most of them are worse than like michael bay movies and it's very funny that these companies spend millions of dollars to make just absolute poo poo that's like a little kid playing with dolls

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

bedpan posted:

The 2015 Need For Speed was the worst loving "I wanted to make a movie instead" game, almost an hour of live action cut scenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWaG48lgV9M

loving sega CD rear end FMV game.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

RandomBlue posted:

The 2015 Need For Speed was the worst loving "I wanted to make a movie instead" game, almost an hour of live action cut scenes:

the Max Payne 3 video game so wanted to be Man on Fire that the devs forgot they were making a video game

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Augus posted:

lol hbomberguy didn’t invent people making GBS threads on FO3 and praising New Vegas.
i always see people revisiting skyrim, new vegas, and FO4 but rarely see people revisiting FO3. It’s just not a very good game

a lot of the memorable moments and characters I thought were from three were just things from New Vegas i misremembered

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

MonsieurChoc posted:

Avowed will be good.

it will be good.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

RandomBlue posted:

This is kind of on purpose though because they were trying (unsuccessfully) to recapture the magic of the FMV sequences from Need for Speed : Most Wanted (2005) featuring Razor Callahan.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
metal gear solid 4 understood: if you're going to have hours of cutscenes in your game, add a smoking monkey to them

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
tunnel snakes rule

and that concludes my positive memories of fallout 3

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

1stGear posted:

Tango Gameworks getting shut down is painful as hell. The only game of theirs I was lukewarm on was Tokyo Ghostwire and that was more from me not being a fan of open-world games, not because it was bad. The Evil Within games were good and Hi-Fi Rush was an all-timer. Absolutely not a studio that deserved to be axed.

What the gently caress Tango did Evil Within? 2 was insanely good, what an outrage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7Azs3S2erk

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Fuckt Tupp posted:

tunnel snakes rule

and that concludes my positive memories of fallout 3

yup

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

a lot of the memorable moments and characters I thought were from three were just things from New Vegas i misremembered

i remember the boat with the bomb collars and the germantown police station because i grew up around there and i was like "wow, germantown!"

oh and there was a tree man

there was not a whole lot of memorable stuff in that game

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Substandard posted:

This is kind of on purpose though because they were trying (unsuccessfully) to recapture the magic of the FMV sequences from Need for Speed : Most Wanted (2005) featuring Razor Callahan.

lightning in a bottle

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Augus posted:

People revisit FO3 but its with Tale of Two Wastelands. And NV in terms of playercount is a distant third compared to skyrim and FO4.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Tankbuster posted:

People revisit FO3 but its with Tale of Two Wastelands.

so what you’re saying is people only play Fallout 3 if they can also be playing New Vegas at the same time.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Also I liked Deathloop, sorry folks

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Tankbuster posted:

And NV in terms of playercount is a distant third compared to skyrim and FO4.

that makes sense considering NV hasn't had any official updates since 2011

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

im so furious they nuked tango. especially after hi-fi rush was such a hit for its budget. aaagggggghhh microsoft get fuckd forever

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I wish Manor Lords was a complete game, why do I touch this early access stuff??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

I wish Manor Lords was a complete game, why do I touch this early access stuff??

because games rarely get the same amount of press for their 1.0 release (if they release at all) as they do when they go to EA

the whole system is backwards, folks!