Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
last night I finally watched godzilla minus one the way it was meant to be seen: fast-forwarded through all the scenes that don't have godzilla in them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i usually wait to watch new episodes until im all rested up and ready to pay attention but watching the latest BOTW while half asleep was a good call. i'd be dozing, forgetting the premise of the movie, and then mike would shout OHHHH NO THEY'RE GONNA gently caress DA BEBBEH

SeenYourPoopypants
Mar 10, 2024

Cassian of Imola posted:

last night I finally watched Knuckles the way it was meant to be seen: fast-forwarded through all the scenes that don't have Knuckles in them

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Does knuckles contain any scene, or preferably an entire episode, Where he is connected to someone else with a bungee cord?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Respek Knuckles

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Gutcruncher posted:

Does knuckles contain any scene, or preferably an entire episode, Where he is connected to someone else with a bungee cord?

Despite it having some of the best tunes of the series I doubt they'd make a Chaotix reference.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Gutcruncher posted:

yes

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Thank god

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

:whitewater:

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i always wondered who the people were volunteering to have their infant in a movie. i always just assumed it must be a crew member's or studio person's kid.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
If the kid cries does that get it a SAG card?

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
https://twitter.com/metaplexmovies/status/1787663777095164065

So, in my opinion, if you're part of the 'Prequels were actually good you plebs' bandwagon you aren't allowed to complain about modern blockbuster cinema.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I have a hard time squaring the vast yet vague pessimism of the revisionist prequel perspective with the importance of harmony between all life. But perhaps that's why I'm ultimately at my limit as a star wars poster

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1787845285680402539

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The prequels are really all about the danger of dogmatism. For example, the jedi dogma that is incorrect is, uhhhhhhh, and what they should believe instead is, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

No Mods No Masters posted:

The prequels are really all about the danger of dogmatism. For example, the jedi dogma that is incorrect is, uhhhhhhh, and what they should believe instead is, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jedi dogma was 'be a weird incel'.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
im so tired of all this blade running. I'm getting old and tired, when are we going to get some blade walking.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

khwarezm posted:

Jedi dogma was 'be a weird incel'.

That dogma seems 100% correct in their hosed up universe though, it's only when they fail to enforce that rule with anakin everything goes to poo poo instantly

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Sunk Dunk posted:

i always wondered who the people were volunteering to have their infant in a movie. i always just assumed it must be a crew member's or studio person's kid.

People who want money without having to do anything mostly.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

michelle yeoh has kristen schaaled

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Ah yes, the success of the blade runner movies is definitely not down to being helmed by two once in a generation auteurs both at the absolute peak of their powers. It is, of course, that everyone loves the IP and just can't get enough of the adventures of John BladeRunner.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
There probably needed to be more Jedi Anakin's own age during the prequels to showcase how abnormal or normal everything was in comparison to him and the rest of his peers in the Order.

I'm sure there's a million episodes of Clone Wars and 100 books that describe Anakin's rivalry with another padawan.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

khwarezm posted:

https://twitter.com/metaplexmovies/status/1787663777095164065

So, in my opinion, if you're part of the 'Prequels were actually good you plebs' bandwagon you aren't allowed to complain about modern blockbuster cinema.

I thought that said "what movie" because that's what I was thinking.

I was thinking the other day, the prequels have way too much dialogue, especially considering they're written by a man who cannot write dialogue. I haven't done like a word count or anything but I'd certainly bet they have way more than the OT.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

That DICK! posted:

michelle yeoh has kristen schaaled

I don't know what this means, and, frankly, I don't care to.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Is this the new Ridley Scott film or a TV spinoff? Because the last TV show was so good, after all.

loving Shinji Aramaki.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Oh nooooo

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

KakerMix posted:

Oh nooooo

It keeps happening

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

PostNouveau posted:

I care to know, somebody tell me.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The prequels are not about anything.

Naming your generically evil, vaguely racist villains the Trade Federation does not make your movie a criticism of capitalism.

Featuring goofy comically inept robots to get slaughtered by the hundreds does not make your movie about AI.

Having characters visit a planet with slavery where they say "Wow, slavery huh? That's too bad. Ok BYEEEEEE" does not make your movie about slavery.

Sometimes you just have an overgrown manchild with a blank check who wants to sell a few billions of dollars worth of toys.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

PostNouveau posted:

td! has ascended and is currently seeing things the rest of us don't (yet)
he was the only one to call out ahmed best for continuing to milk sympathy over jarjar and he is the only one with the balls to say (correctly) that michelle yeoh has kristen schaaled
aqua got norted, the duolingo owl is twerking on tiktok to bbl drizzy and zendaya is meeshee. (affectionate)
*snorts a line of cum* joker hit the griddy. play my loving music

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

https://youtu.be/Kf7fx9GsG94?si=lCSM9fBuvDT-D6tU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

See now that I understand

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Regular Wario posted:

"Get that white bitch!" - Mike Stoklasa 2024

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Kingo Ligma posted:

Ah yes, the success of the blade runner movies is definitely not down to being helmed by two once in a generation auteurs both at the absolute peak of their powers. It is, of course, that everyone loves the IP and just can't get enough of the adventures of John BladeRunner.

Coming soon to Prime Video.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

counterfeitsaint posted:

The prequels are not about anything.

Naming your generically evil, vaguely racist villains the Trade Federation does not make your movie a criticism of capitalism.

Featuring goofy comically inept robots to get slaughtered by the hundreds does not make your movie about AI.

Having characters visit a planet with slavery where they say "Wow, slavery huh? That's too bad. Ok BYEEEEEE" does not make your movie about slavery.

Sometimes you just have an overgrown manchild with a blank check who wants to sell a few billions of dollars worth of toys.

The slavery point is interesting to me because, as with literally everything else you mention here, its almost comical how it just doesn't matter or is really explored at all. I don't think Anakin expresses any resentment whatsoever to the fact that he was born a slave? he doesn't seem to harbour any grudges towards his own literal slave owner, or the society of Tatooine facilitating such a grotesque system? He doesn't talk about how him being freed by the Jedi but not his mother is the source of any issues, and the film doesn't really suggest that its even a particularly difficult moral conundrum worth examining? Even said mother just gets manumitted and married to some other guy, and is killed violently in circumstances that have nothing to do with her being a slave at all, for a movie that has slavery in it, and has the main character be a slave... what's it trying to say? It just says nothing.

I actually find this really quite amazing about the prequels, they have all these elements of the worldbuilding that could lead to really interesting and tough situations, dramatic, cinematic, situations, but nothing really matters or is explored at all. I made a post a couple of months ago about how the actual clone wars themselves have all of the same problems, for a giant galactic conflict in a movie with (way too much) politics they really have nothing to say and aren't explored at all in a vaguely interesting way despite the groundwork potentially being there.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cubone posted:

td! has ascended and is currently seeing things the rest of us don't (yet)
he was the only one to call out ahmed best for continuing to milk sympathy over jarjar and he is the only one with the balls to say (correctly) that michelle yeoh has kristen schaaled
aqua got norted, the duolingo owl is twerking on tiktok to bbl drizzy and zendaya is meeshee. (affectionate)
*snorts a line of cum* joker hit the griddy. play my loving music

*vibrating so fast I slowly start to lift off the floor*

I understand ... everything

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

khwarezm posted:

…they really have nothing to say and aren't explored at all in a vaguely interesting way despite the groundwork potentially being there.

The prequels really are an amazing example of George Lucas’s weaknesses as a writer, but strength as the “first draft writer”

Seriously, It’s not hard to picture a good version of that whole trilogy, it’s just that Lucas decided that he didn’t need anyone going over his script for a second or third draft.

It’s also why it sucks so bad that Disney just threw all his ideas in the garbage. Yes I’m sure what he handed them sucked, but I’m also positive that a more talented writer could’ve taken whatever ramblings were on the page and honed it into something good.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm really sympathetic to what you're saying, but I just don't know if there was any saving what was reportedly a osmosis jones with midichlorians concept, even with 1 trillion passes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

Seriously, It’s not hard to picture a good version of that whole trilogy, it’s just that Lucas decided that he didn’t need anyone going over his script for a second or third draft.

Didn't he ask someone reputable to give that a try but they refused, saying something like 'Nonono, it should be entirely your vision, it's not that I don't want the associated grief.'