Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
In fairness it wasn’t the developers, it was Sony deciding they needed the PSN numbers higher so now the game is no longer available in over 150 countries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Maxwell Lord posted:

In fairness it wasn’t the developers, it was Sony deciding they needed the PSN numbers higher so now the game is no longer available in over 150 countries

I hear they already walked this massive blunder back lol.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Biplane posted:

I hear they already walked this massive blunder back lol.

Gamers rise up.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I've started playing Sly 2: Band of Thieves for the first time as I finally found it and Sly 3 in my local CEX as they are hard to find.

Sly 2 is interesting compared to Sly 1 because in Sly 1 you were just grabbing vaguely defined Keys to unlock the areas to get to the boss, but in the second game it's refined so that the objectives are more Crackdown-style take out particular security measures, or place surveillance devices in key areas to help figure out how to break into a big location. It feels both more real and more satisfying. Also being able to find valuable Stuff around the hubs to sell for extra upgrade coins is a fun thing.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Samovar posted:

Gamers rise up.

:haibrower:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Turns out it was the Arrowhead CEO who concealed it from everyone.

That was a fun one. Lots of twists and turns in that story.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Rockman Reserve posted:

it is really disappointing to me, the only person on the planet that loves them, that elden ring doesn’t have root/randomized dungeons like the root chalices from Bloodborne

i don’t think i’ve ever heard anyone say anything good about them and everyone complains about the asset reuse but they generate cool, interesting layouts with lots of traps and secrets…and while bloodborne is a gorgeous game it’s not like it’s without asset reuse and kind of mediocre areas in the main game

One thing I'd change about the way the Chalice Dungeons work is to require fewer of the early/shallow ones to reach the deeper ones. I honestly like the dungeons, but having to go through like 8 pre-made (so always the same) ones every single time to get ingredients gets old fast. I feel like the current system makes it less likely that people will even try the random ones and it forces people who do want to play them have to go through the same ones in the same order every time.

Although I have to thank From for making the poison swampy dungeons 100% optional.

CordlessPen has a new favorite as of 14:30 on May 6, 2024

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Cythereal posted:

Well played, Creative Assembly, well played.

You should be aware nobody can see these images you post after the first day or so because Discord doesn't want you using it as a generic imagehost.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

BioEnchanted posted:

I've started playing Sly 2: Band of Thieves for the first time as I finally found it and Sly 3 in my local CEX as they are hard to find.

Sly 2 is interesting compared to Sly 1 because in Sly 1 you were just grabbing vaguely defined Keys to unlock the areas to get to the boss, but in the second game it's refined so that the objectives are more Crackdown-style take out particular security measures, or place surveillance devices in key areas to help figure out how to break into a big location. It feels both more real and more satisfying. Also being able to find valuable Stuff around the hubs to sell for extra upgrade coins is a fun thing.

I really liked Sly 2. It had fun premises, a good mix of environments and challenges, and stealing the guards' valuables never got old.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Sly Cooper has a story worth getting invested in. It one of the best written game series' meant for both kids and adults I can recall. Short and to the point with its dialogue while still cramming in foreshadowing and jokes and love and character everywhere!

Even the types of animals that the characters are, was so well considered. Sly obviously makes sense as a thieving raccoon and every animation is SO twitchy, deft and on the lookout. Murray as a hippo is another good one because they're very aggressive toward non family members but otherwise just powerful, lazy and hungry.

Constable Neyla of the second game is my favorite though, because she is a freaking pink Bengal tiger. It's a brilliant indicator that something is odd about her, because she's the only one in an impossible color. Even her place of origin becomes relevant eventually.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 17:45 on May 6, 2024

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
GREASY SWEET

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The funniest thing about Sly Cooper is how Carmalita Fox has a wildly different voice actress in each game.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CJacobs posted:

GREASY SWEET

Greezy money

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ImpAtom posted:

The funniest thing about Sly Cooper is how Carmalita Fox has a wildly different voice actress in each game.

Her personality changes with the voice actress too LMAO. In one game she's SO much more vicious because her voice actress did a mean take on the character. I am pretty sure at some point the characters lampshade it by wondering if she's in a bad mood or doesn't like the weather or something lol

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 18:04 on May 6, 2024

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I like games that reacts to your actions and Skyrim is one of those games. Like, at one point I got attacked by hired thus. After killing them I found a contract from Olfina Grey-Mane telling the thugs not necessarily kill me but teach me a lesson about stealing her poo poo. And rightfully so, I had been stealing from the Grey-Mane's house.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Alhazred posted:

I like games that reacts to your actions and Skyrim is one of those games. Like, at one point I got attacked by hired thus. After killing them I found a contract from Olfina Grey-Mane telling the thugs not necessarily kill me but teach me a lesson about stealing her poo poo. And rightfully so, I had been stealing from the Grey-Mane's house.

All the characters you find in jedi survivor go to your sleazy bar and you can talk to them and theyll talk about almost everything you do in the game, both side quests and main story. It's actually kind of blown me away. And you can collect weird fish for your bar aquarium and plant a rooftop garden!!

!!!

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Been playing Cassette Beasts and it's just such a charming game. A small thing I really like is how the movement abilities are tied to obtaining specific monsters but once you have them, they're just innate to your character. Works much better than the HMs of older pokemon games since you're not stuck with an HM slave. Also, you can change your cassette's moves basically at will and they're all reusable so you can mix and match as you like.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Turns out it was the Arrowhead CEO who concealed it from everyone.

That was a fun one. Lots of twists and turns in that story.

That's pretty disingenuous. The devs trying to keep the servers from setting on fire on release and turning off the PSN requirement and then making the mistake of not focusing on it while dealing with everything else is not the same as deliberately concealing it (which alot of people say happened "to make more sales", which is funny because the devs aren't involved with actually selling the game but hey, goons).

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
The karaoke in LAD: Infinite Wealth is almost universally worse in English vs Japanese, but I just did a song where the singer is lamenting the loss of a loved one and how the days just aren't the same, and the accompanying back-up by Kiryu is just him talking about how his dishwasher is busted and he tries to get a new one but it didn't have the right parts, and the landlord won't tell him what to get, and it had me laughing my rear end off.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I really liked Sly 2. It had fun premises, a good mix of environments and challenges, and stealing the guards' valuables never got old.

It's still a pretty solid game as of lockdown. Still looks great, lots of fun heist business, even some good gags. It's way better as a functional entertainment object than Sly 1, without succumbing to the various excesses of the third game.

I wish they'd had a chance to course correct with a fourth game in the series, but I guess we'll just never know how such a project would have turned out.

I'm still sure they outright reused Sly's running animation for the original Infamous protagonist.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Legit incredible OST, yeah, absolutely top tier poo poo. The entire ending segment from start to finish had me crying like a baby too and the music was a big part of that, especially when the quiet piano backing version of this kicks in.

Kitfox88 has a new favorite as of 07:38 on May 7, 2024

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010

grassy gnoll posted:

I wish they'd had a chance to course correct with a fourth game in the series, but I guess we'll just never know how such a project would have turned out.

Is this a bit? I wouldn't call the 4th one the next proper iteration, but I didn't think it was that bad.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Kermit The Grog posted:

Is this a bit? I wouldn't call the 4th one the next proper iteration, but I didn't think it was that bad.

I think it's because Thieves in Time was developed by a different studio, as SP had moved on to inFamous.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Pulsarcat posted:

"Is it mean I named this one Stinky?"

Seriously, I love both the sheer amount of dialogue all the characters have with each other, and, with one exception, how the crew mates constantly encourage each other.

Add to that your crew have unique lines for the enemies you face means that even though you need to beat the game at least 18 times to see the ending you constantly see new lines.

I think my favourite bit was Riggs trying to throw Evil Riggs off by rattling off embarrassing childhood memories they both share.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
A fresh install of Max Payne 3 removed the mod I had that got rid of bloodstains on the guy, and my God how does he survive any chapter of this game. It is so stupid and funny how he staggers into cutscenes covered in Tarantino squibs.

Those all went through the front.

"I had a hole in my second favorite breathing lung."

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Maybe try not getting shot a bunch?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

CJacobs posted:

A fresh install of Max Payne 3 removed the mod I had that got rid of bloodstains on the guy, and my God how does he survive any chapter of this game. It is so stupid and funny how he staggers into cutscenes covered in Tarantino squibs.

Those all went through the front.

"I had a hole in my second favorite breathing lung."

That's the power of a pill addict

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
well its like the World War 2 plane and armor thing.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

well its like the World War 2 plane and armor thing.

You plug the non-bullet holes with pills :hmmyes:

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Morpheus posted:

The karaoke in LAD: Infinite Wealth is almost universally worse in English vs Japanese, but I just did a song where the singer is lamenting the loss of a loved one and how the days just aren't the same, and the accompanying back-up by Kiryu is just him talking about how his dishwasher is busted and he tries to get a new one but it didn't have the right parts, and the landlord won't tell him what to get, and it had me laughing my rear end off.

That one had me cracking up, too.

Hades 2: you can pet the frog.

Mechastreisand
Mar 24, 2007
Cybernetic Crumb
Cyberpunk 2077 phantom liberty. You turn on a generator. There is distance based controller rumble feedback, like the hum you’d feel through the floor, stronger when you are nearby.

Nthing the comments about this game being good. Game play feels very mature and superb visuals on console. I rarely fast travel.

Come for the rumors of genitalia that has grown beyond humankind’s ability to contain. Stay for the high fashion. And melting brains.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I saw someone mention Persona 5 Strikers as being good in another thread, I was craving some mindless musou action to unwind, and apparently I had it through PS+ or something so I installed it even though Persona 5 took me like a year to finish and left me totally cold by the end.

Anyway, it's cool so far. The first level is mostly slicin' n dicin' hundreds of faceless cops, which I can always get behind. The music and visual aesthetics are totally killer, the gameplay feels really tight so far, and while I still think most of the main cast of P5 sucks like a wet-vac plugged into a nuclear reactor, they suck in a fun, comfy, familiar way.

And there's been tons of fun idiot dickhead dialog choices so far. The Phantom Thieves' trust in my leadership is horribly misplaced.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://twitter.com/TerminX13/status/1788789298730242527

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
One of the bosses in Hades 2 is a band. As you knock out members of the band their instrument will cut from the boss song.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

moosecow333 posted:

One of the bosses in Hades 2 is a band. As you knock out members of the band their instrument will cut from the boss song.

Darren Korb is still a genius

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
Not only are they a band, but I had a pre-fight dialog where they said they had a new song, and they actually played that new song.

The level of care and detail in their games is just astounding.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

moosecow333 posted:

One of the bosses has a shell they hide inside. If they hide inside the shell the song actually changes to reflect how that changes the sound.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

One of the bosses has a shell they hide inside. If they hide inside the shell the song actually changes to reflect how that changes the sound.

TontoCorazon posted:

Darren Korb is still a genius

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
if i bet on supergiant ever missing then i'd be bankrupt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Oxxidation posted:

if i bet on supergiant ever missing then i'd be bankrupt

Pyre wasn't exactly a slam dunk, but Hades 1 clearly wouldn't have been the same without its existinence.