Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

The perfect bookend set for those who love their Gokus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Joe Fisto posted:

Got my MOTU Krang today, he's a tall boy. Reminds me I need a Krang in robot suit for my main TMNT shelve(s).

I found mine in store and overall I think he's great... Except for the Krang part. I know he's just a brain with arms but this is Masters of the Universe, they could have given him buff brain arms. If you look at him without the android body you would have no idea what line he's from or that he's in a crossover at all.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hot Toys annoucning a Scout Trooper from Jedi Survivor... where's my loving Cal Kestis?!? WITH ponchos!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Vintersorg posted:

Hot Toys annoucning a Scout Trooper from Jedi Survivor... where's my loving Cal Kestis?!? WITH ponchos!

A whole accessory pack that’s just ponchos.

Actually, Hot Toys should do follow up accessory packs. I shouldn’t need to buy a whole other Malibu Stacy just for her new hat.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They have like... twice.

Once for Iron Man accessories, and then IG-12 comes with a bunch of parts for other figures except you can't buy just that.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think they also did some Hulkbuster accessories?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I am still waiting on USB lightsaber packs but :lol: no, I need to spend another $400 per figure to get em.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Finally got my Classified HMS set with Techno-Viper. Looks awesome.

Only problem is I need to completely redo my shelves, I'm out of space!

I can't be the only one with boxes of stuff just waiting to be put out. A lot of it stuff was super excited to get but that means something else has to be packed up and put away.

In this case a lot of stuff would need to be.

Jealous of those with cases and lots of shelving.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Has anybody spotted those blind box Space Marines at Target yet? I’ve been looking but the various toy and nerd sections at my local target are always a mess and I’m not sure which area they’re supposed to be stocked in.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Either the collectibles back isle by the entertainment or by the Pokémon.

Check around the figure isles too sometimes they put blind box collectibles there

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Vintersorg posted:

I am still waiting on USB lightsaber packs but :lol: no, I need to spend another $400 per figure to get em.

I think I read that they’re not very good anyway? And they don’t even provide the cables for them.

I forget what the 3rd party sabers are called. CCFL or something? They’re much brighter.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Has anybody spotted those blind box Space Marines at Target yet? I’ve been looking but the various toy and nerd sections at my local target are always a mess and I’m not sure which area they’re supposed to be stocked in.

Nope and I check almost daily for new toys on my work breaks.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nanigans posted:

I think I read that they’re not very good anyway? And they don’t even provide the cables for them.

I forget what the 3rd party sabers are called. CCFL or something? They’re much brighter.

There's a person in the UK who makes custom ones but it's like $100 for one. And while I wouldn't always use em - hell I never turn the ones i have on now - I just would like the option too.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Vintersorg posted:

There's a person in the UK who makes custom ones but it's like $100 for one. And while I wouldn't always use em - hell I never turn the ones i have on now - I just would like the option too.

:hai:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Got a nice custom stand for the b-wing (because how else do you get it to look cool?) and it's now sitting nicely atop my shelf.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Blackchamber posted:

Nope and I check almost daily for new toys on my work breaks.

Those loving things are going to be on the shelf for 10 seconds before they’re all grabbed by scalpers. It’s so hosed up.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Not sure if anyone else here bought the Sentinel Ronin Warriors, but after announcing that they would be cancelling the line after completing the core team, Sentinel is releasing Anubis: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/276259

I am extremely pumped for this. Ronin Warriors was my anime gateway show and I thought the chances we'd get the warlords was nil at this point. Here's to hoping we get the remaining 3 along with Talpa and White Blaze.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Definitely getting my money's worth out of this pile of loot shipment.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Not sure if anyone else here bought the Sentinel Ronin Warriors, but after announcing that they would be cancelling the line after completing the core team, Sentinel is releasing Anubis: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/276259

I am extremely pumped for this. Ronin Warriors was my anime gateway show and I thought the chances we'd get the warlords was nil at this point. Here's to hoping we get the remaining 3 along with Talpa and White Blaze.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that's cool. This line was one I kept wishing I'd boughten in on and always felt like I missed the boat to actually complete the team, so I just never tried. Still feeling major FOMO seeing this listing now.

gregday
May 23, 2003

I finally finished the last bits of my Battlestar Galactica (2003) Viper pilot’s flight suit. This was my first time using a sewing machine, and this green fabric is very tricky, being both stretchy and slippery. I had a very limited quantity so I had to be really careful and absolutely certain about the pattern before cutting it out. I also sewed a cotton blend liner inside it for thickness and comfort. The flak vest I also scratch made from leather, suede, neoprene, and a few other materials.

A couple of details, the gloves, patches, flight pins, pre-flight checklist, are all screen used originals. The sidearm and helmet are really accurate replicas.

A couple of other parts, like some of the gun belt, wristwatch, shoes, are neither screen used nor replicas, but made from the same original source parts as the originals.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Those loving things are going to be on the shelf for 10 seconds before they’re all grabbed by scalpers. It’s so hosed up.

I would think you'd see the box display they come in still there, I usually see the empties for the Godzilla ones etc, which I think is them being lazy about cleaning the shelves but I give them the benefit of the doubt on and say its to be a placeholder.

Found nothing new today but they did have the animated series Batcycle for 8.99 on clearance. So glad I waited.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gripweed posted:

I was very sternly told that scalping isn't a thing anymore in a GI Joe Classified group. I just laughed.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
It exist.

Scalping drat well exist for everything.

The horror stories of various store employee's out there testify to that.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Dawgstar posted:

I was very sternly told that scalping isn't a thing anymore in a GI Joe Classified group. I just laughed.

They're either a scalper themselves or they've found the most amazing drugs ever to be in that amount of denial.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Sentinel Red posted:

Solo - Chewie (but accessorized to the ANH version)

Do you have a picture of how this looks?

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Posting to celebrate another absolutely based gregday update.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

gregday posted:

I finally finished the last bits of my Battlestar Galactica (2003) Viper pilot’s flight suit. This was my first time using a sewing machine, and this green fabric is very tricky, being both stretchy and slippery. I had a very limited quantity so I had to be really careful and absolutely certain about the pattern before cutting it out. I also sewed a cotton blend liner inside it for thickness and comfort. The flak vest I also scratch made from leather, suede, neoprene, and a few other materials.

A couple of details, the gloves, patches, flight pins, pre-flight checklist, are all screen used originals. The sidearm and helmet are really accurate replicas.

A couple of other parts, like some of the gun belt, wristwatch, shoes, are neither screen used nor replicas, but made from the same original source parts as the originals.

This is rad. A friend was talking about BSG today and I told them about your costume.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

gregday posted:

This is great.

I always marvel at people who are able to do this. The time and effort involved is remarkable.

Great job.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Badass setup gregday, shame you have a persona of a no-name pilot that gets killed in the pilot.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

People are very weird about retro card Scarlett's face sculpt. They act like it's Falcon or something.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Blue & Red

Anyone need a Plastic Man torso?

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Agrias120 posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that's cool. This line was one I kept wishing I'd boughten in on and always felt like I missed the boat to actually complete the team, so I just never tried. Still feeling major FOMO seeing this listing now.

BBTS and EE have them all but Sage. Not sure why he would be missing. He was the 2nd release so maybe he hasn't gotten a reissue yet. I know Ryo got one.

Also, that's one fine PoL!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Dawgstar posted:

People are very weird about retro card Scarlett's face sculpt. They act like it's Falcon or something.

People are very weird about most of the women Joes full stop. Hell, wasn't there was a guy a while back who wouldn't shut up about how 'wrong' Lady Jaye was and was dead set on cannibalising a custom together? Like, what the hell, Jaye's fine. I didn't/don't get it at all, just bizarre behaviour.

Nanigans posted:

Do you have a picture of how this looks?

Will sort you out tomorrow. I'm mostly happy with it though the bow part of the caster is hilarious wide/big!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Hot drat! My local store did a few raffles for fcbd and I won a hot toys death watch mando. First hot toys, not sure where to even put this.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dawgstar posted:

People are going to have issues no matter what.

Like Sentinel Red said, there were people complaining about Lady Jaye when there wasn't any real issue.

It's more people not upset it's not how they perceive a woman should look exactly.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Kingtheninja posted:

Hot drat! My local store did a few raffles for fcbd and I won a hot toys death watch mando. First hot toys, not sure where to even put this.

Woah that fukkin rules!

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Agrias120 posted:

Good choice on the pop up parade Morrigan and SH Fig Chun-Li! I got both of those recently. The Morrigan is insanely good. It’s also very big.

The SH Chun is awesome too. Really solid fig and fun to pose. Here she is with a coupla Big G’s

gregday
May 23, 2003

I am in general principle opposed to Funko Pops but I do kind of want to get a pair of Crow and Tom Servo just because I want some kind of figures of them and haven’t ever found anything else.

This is how it starts, isn’t it?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

gregday posted:

I am in general principle opposed to Funko Pops but I do kind of want to get a pair of Crow and Tom Servo just because I want some kind of figures of them and haven’t ever found anything else.

This is how it starts, isn’t it?

I'm surprised you're not just buying the original puppets, to sit on either side of you while you watch movies.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Please do not buy or support Funko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I'm surprised you're not just buying the original puppets, to sit on either side of you while you watch movies.

Or going all out and building them yourself.