Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alaois posted:

gently caress no it ain't they didn't even mention Shiny Has Him To

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

he sounds like Joe Biden

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Finished up this week's Raw it was very good. Good matches and most of the promos were entertaining.

Edit: and hete was this episodes uncle howdy thing.
https://youtu.be/8Ce0qi4ocqc?si=h5YBt97QnRW9g5Ij

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 22:11 on May 7, 2024

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

The last person that actually went on to anything who won King of the Ring is '02. You can argue Booker in '06 but he was out of the company within a year of winning.

King of the Ring is just another name you recognize they're happy to squeeze dry until all your childhood nostalgia runs out just like Survivor Series or the Royal Rumble.

I'll never forgive them from doing away with silly themed teams and all the other stuff that made it unique

Testekill posted:

CM Punk pulling the "this guy knows what I'm saying" like when a Comedian tells a joke that bombs horribly.

lol immediately thought that as well

if you have to ask a second opinion you should remove it from your set

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Finished up this week's Raw it was very good. Good matches and most of the promos were entertaining.

Edit: and hete was this episodes uncle howdy thing.
https://youtu.be/8Ce0qi4ocqc?si=h5YBt97QnRW9g5Ij

SAVE_US.Y2J

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

King Of The Ring 2024 First Round Match
Jey Uso defeats Finn Balor (13:35)

Queen Of The Ring 2024 First Round Match
IYO SKY (w/Dakota Kai & Kairi Sane) defeats Natalya (10:20)

Ilja Dragunov defeats Ricochet (13:58)

Zoey Stark defeats Ivy Nile (5:20)

Singles Match
Chad Gable defeats Bronson Reed by DQ (2:40)

Lyra Valkyria defeats Dakota Kai (8:50)

Gunther (w/Ludwig Kaiser) defeats Sheamus (21:05)

Pretty long matches.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

bodysheamus still fat or nah?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

panko posted:

it depends.

if he re-signs he’s got a bruiser fighting body type

if he doesn’t he’s out of shape, not a convincing threat, washed

same goes for kevin owens

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Looks pretty trim in France at least

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's all freckles

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
best fat guy wrestler of all time was the guy who no-sold against Inoki

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Kinda feel like Bret Hart had a point when I see poo poo like that. It still beats getting hit in the head with a chair, but maybe someone having a style that necessitates legitimately hurting people on a regular basis isn't a great thing. The Jericho Shibata match owned though so idk.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Kinda feel like Bret Hart had a point when I see poo poo like that. It still beats getting hit in the head with a chair, but maybe someone having a style that necessitates legitimately hurting people on a regular basis isn't a great thing.

Nah, it rips.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

Looks pretty trim in France at least

You shpuld see his back. Gunther left a hand print.

They beat the piss out of each other.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Alaois posted:

the fed turned him into just another guy smdh

Many such cases!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

panko posted:

He is losing the fat fast. You can see his abs sometimes again.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Kinda feel like Bret Hart had a point when I see poo poo like that. It still beats getting hit in the head with a chair, but maybe someone having a style that necessitates legitimately hurting people on a regular basis isn't a great thing. The Jericho Shibata match owned though so idk.

some abrasions on the chest still probably beats taking any sort of actual bump

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I love bret but he is wrong.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
If you’d rather take a million bumps in a match over some chops? You’re insane.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The_Rob posted:

If you’d rather take a million bumps in a match over some chops? You’re insane.

Maybe if wrestlers made a point of posting pictures of bruises from normal bumps and talking about how much they legitimately hurt I'd feel differently about it, but hearing about how some wrestlers like Undertaker basically refused to take chops because it sucks kind of made it sound like it must be pretty unpleasant. Not that he was taking huge bumps most of the time either, tbf.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Kinda feel like if you think this is legitimately hurting people you're gullible enough to fall for a wallet inspection.

Edit: checked your posts in the thread, looks like I was the one who fell for it

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Maybe if wrestlers made a point of posting pictures of bruises from normal bumps and talking about how much they legitimately hurt I'd feel differently about it, but hearing about how some wrestlers like Undertaker basically refused to take chops because it sucks kind of made it sound like it must be pretty unpleasant. Not that he was taking huge bumps most of the time either, tbf.

undertaker basically didn’t take bumps either

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the bumps are what actually hinders peoples' lives extremely badly with back or neck problems while chops look gross and hurt worse in the moment outside of botches

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah I didn't mean to imply people were getting permanent injuries from chops, and I have to concede that it's probably better to endure some temporary pain than to take lasting damage. I'll still wince a bit when I see some particularly brutal chops, but I guess that's the point.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

bret was also notorious for going hard in his own matches to sell the 'realism' and people telling him to ease up on the sharpshooter

take everything he says with a grain of salt the size of mars

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Joey McChrist posted:

Unless it's "gently caress Goldberg"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

That's because Undertaker is a little bitch and a terrible wrestler.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

shocked that the man who made himself big boss of a fake biker gang of a fake backstage courtroom and was noted as the Best Pure Striker because he wore MMA gloves is actually a huge bitch who is too fragile to take a chop

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Joey McChrist posted:

bret was also notorious for going hard in his own matches to sell the 'realism' and people telling him to ease up on the sharpshooter

Everyone complains about people they don’t like being too stiff. Flair used to complain about Bret being too stiff, which is ridiculous if you look at a list of people flair has wrestler

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I always liked the story of Shawn Michaels refusing to wrestle Vader because he hit hard.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

E: Guess this is better for the social media thread, so I'll just say gently caress Taker here, his locker room badass poo poo is completely idiotic.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bret is the best ever

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

NienNunb posted:

Bret is the best ever

yeah….at being a whiny baby!!!!

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Unless it's "gently caress Goldberg"

truth

i love bret but hes a pissy (lol) old man like the rest of em

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

shiksa posted:

I mean just in general, she dresses like a space empress now and like, idk they're great outfits I just can't square it with the Becky lynch I liked

I think the problem might be that the overblown outfits worked for Seth and Becky's heel characters, they don't quite mesh with babyface characters. Especially if they are underdog baby faces.

"Dresses like an rear end in a top hat" isn't usually a positive trait.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Completely outside of wrestling characters I think it was a cool outfit for someone to wear. No real opinion about how it matches her character, but talking about it on Raw sucked either way.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Some people got bad risk assessment. Chops might be unpleasant but they're a transient kind of unpleasant that comes and goes, VS the kind of long-term damage that taking bumps can cause.

Although I do wonder if the Fed's murderous schedule magnifies the kind of issues that people would have with stuff like that VS organizations where wrestlers don't have to wrestle or travel as frequently

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

garycoleisgod posted:

I think the problem might be that the overblown outfits worked for Seth and Becky's heel characters, they don't quite mesh with babyface characters. Especially if they are underdog baby faces.

"Dresses like an rear end in a top hat" isn't usually a positive trait.

How is dressing cool and unique dressing like an rear end in a top hat. do you just not gently caress with fashion or what

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

turn to the left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

panko posted:

turn to the left

Seth beat Crossfit Man and stole his look and powers.