Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

oh. well that makes more sense. thanks for that perspective.

I mean, you can still lol at him complaining that he got a ThinkPad laptop at work. That's why I posted it in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

wash bucket posted:

I mean, you can still lol at him complaining that he got a ThinkPad laptop at work. That's why I posted it in the first place.

eh i get a lot of zoomies poke at my carbon x1 as an old man laptop so i felt seen but that makes a ton of sense and would have never made that association

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Tweet gone

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Dameius posted:

Tweet gone

i dun goofed.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Its probably more that its an ignoramus that thinks anything that isn't a macbook isn't good or workplace worthy, but the school analogy might be accurate as well although not all IdeaPads are Chromebooks, I dont think. I'll always pick up for Lenovo just for their repairability, but I have seen a bit of QC issues in the past couple years.

We did order one laptop that kinda got lost and when I contacted support about the tracking number that didn't work for any tracking service they ended up sending me another. The original arrived like the next day or something. Two for the price of one.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

codo27 posted:

We did order one laptop that kinda got lost and when I contacted support about the tracking number that didn't work for any tracking service they ended up sending me another. The original arrived like the next day or something. Two for the price of one.

That’s when they divert it to the NSA for backdoor installation.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
I was wondering when Lenovo co-opting the ThinkPad branding for their Chromebook offerings would come home to roost. It never made sense, and resulted in a lot of Olds buying Chromebooks when they meant to buy laptops (sometimes on corporate accounts, sometimes by the dozen!) and here's the other end of it, but this isn't the Stupid Marketing Moves thread so I digress.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Be careful if you get him piiiisssed

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://x.com/FlowsAndolini/status/1787303659606278341

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Platystemon posted:

That’s when they divert it to the NSA for backdoor installation.

Yeah, I was about to say, didn't they get caught doing rootkit fuckery?

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

codo27 posted:

I'll always pick up for Lenovo just for their repairability

A couple of jobs ago employees ordered their own equipment and got reimbursed. This one accidentally ordered a super low-res screen Lenovo. I had to replace the LCD panel with a 1080p one and it was surprisingly easy. A+ on repairability from me.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/iIovesaw/status/1787909555210551754?t=QJjyAwEDxeTsFLRuMxCNZQ&s=19

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Yeah, I was about to say, didn't they get caught doing rootkit fuckery?

Maybe :nsa:

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Visions of Valerie posted:

ANSI layout > ISO layout :colbert:
whichever one has the L shaped enter key is the correct one

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/_kurocrow/status/1788007294422192321

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
We have ThinkPads at work and one had a broken touchpad so Lenovo sent a guy to fix it. He was there for a little over six hours, drank most of the Diet Pepsi in the break room, and in the end never actually fixed the touchpad but he did use the wrong screws to put the case back together so it still didn't work but now had two pointy bits sticking out. I hope he was paid well.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/hausofdecline/status/1787854575187251386?t=MSAvV3ZKixOaghEOCcetAw&s=19

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What is this? (I haven't played Undertale.)

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Nightmare Before Christmas is an old movie where the skeleton character lives in Halloween town and discovers a portal to Christmas. He is now discovering a portal to the 9/11 holiday instead.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Akratic Method posted:

Nightmare Before Christmas is an old movie where the skeleton character lives in Halloween town and discovers a portal to Christmas. He is now discovering a portal to the 9/11 holiday instead.

It is NOT AN OLD MOVIE!!!!

gently caress !!! How was Nightmare Before Christmas from 1993!!!!

gently caress!!!!!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hippocrass posted:

Christmas was like five months ago.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Hippocrass posted:

gently caress !!! How was Nightmare Before Christmas from 1993!!!!

gently caress!!!!!

Yeah! 11 years is hardly an "old" movie!
e: oh nooo

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Tree Bucket posted:

Yeah! 11 years is hardly an "old" movie!
e: oh nooo

Yes, it's hard to believe that it's 21 years old. That's old enough to drink!

Hard because it's 31 years old. 🤪

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Akratic Method posted:

Also the song is catchy (and now going to be stuck in some people's head all day.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7uJMyPOBGA

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
The Midlife Before Crisis

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

The Midlife Before Crisis

The worst final fantasy 7 presequel

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

SkeletonHero posted:

We have ThinkPads at work and one had a broken touchpad so Lenovo sent a guy to fix it. He was there for a little over six hours, drank most of the Diet Pepsi in the break room, and in the end never actually fixed the touchpad but he did use the wrong screws to put the case back together so it still didn't work but now had two pointy bits sticking out. I hope he was paid well.

King poo poo

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Were there allegations it was on behalf of the NSA, or just to prevent removal of ad bullshit or something like that?

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Watched this movie with my son and couldn't stop thinking of the door you see to st patricks day land.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/iIovesaw/status/1787909555210551754

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Olanphonia posted:

Watched this movie with my son and couldn't stop thinking of the door you see to st patricks day land.

it just takes you to a ryanair gate and it's like 10 bucks for some bullshit meal on the plane

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://x.com/wilder_action/status/1788104814905241801

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

What an unusual looking anatomy

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

codo27 posted:

Its probably more that its an ignoramus that thinks anything that isn't a macbook isn't good or workplace worthy, but the school analogy might be accurate as well although not all IdeaPads are Chromebooks, I dont think. I'll always pick up for Lenovo just for their repairability, but I have seen a bit of QC issues in the past couple years.

Personally I still haven’t forgiven Lenovo for the superfish thing, even though I acknowledge that was only their consumer laptops not their enterprise ones.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Your… your monitor…

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

I didn’t know the former First Lady was actually a flying insect!

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Leon Sumbitches posted:

when they start flying they throw their little legs up in the air and it looks like they're thinking "I hope this works!"

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Actually beetles make up about a quarter of the number of extant species on earth! And they make up about 40% of insect species, and insects are nearly half of animal biomass on earth. So the ladybird beetle's anatomy is actually very common, much more so than human anatomy.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Actually beetles make up about a quarter of the number of extant species on earth! And they make up about 40% of insect species, and insects are nearly half of animal biomass on earth. So the ladybird beetle's anatomy is actually very common, much more so than human anatomy.

See, I knew this would happen.

I edited my original comment three times so I wouldn't offend the bug people, and yet here we are. I'm through biting my tongue!

Ladybugs are Frankenstein spiders made up of appendages from the grave yard. The only reason we think they bring good luck is they're lucky to even be alive with such an odd assortment of parts from the bargain bin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
they smell bad too. you wouldn't know it just from one but get a big box of the things together and take a sniff. foul.