Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Fil5000 posted:

Rogue One is good, actually

Rogue One ruled. Was the only of the newer movies where I felt like there was something at stake. And it turned out there was!

I felt it was very, very intense especially in comparison to the rise of Skywalker. Which at several moments just had me sitting there asking myself if I was understanding it correctly because it didn't make any sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mDujIVXR0o

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Don't remember a gotdamn thing bout Rogue One aside from how boring everyone in it is

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It has Basil Oregano played by Jimmy Smits! He's Princess Leia's non-biological father! He got blowed up on Alderaan!

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

rogue one was horrible i didnt even see the new trilogy but i have a good idea of how empty the soul must feel afterward if it's anything like rogue loving one. the theater went ballistic at the darth vader scene due to what i posit an intense catharsis from having SOMETHING happen in a movie full of nothing, acted by nothing characters, acting in a nothing plot etc etc i cant remember anything but vader lol

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they put palpatine's speech, one of the most important parts of the movie, in fortnite instead of the movie

This is legitimately so funny

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pootybutt posted:

Don't remember a gotdamn thing bout Rogue One aside from how boring everyone in it is

I saw somebody put forward it would be a good short film which was basically just the Rebels escaping with the plans and the only part most people remember.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

everyone always talks about "the darth vader scene" as if they have mentally edited out darth vader's other scenes in rogue one, and i don't blame them for it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

We must destroy AI content creators.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 01:30 on May 8, 2024

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I blame JJ Abrams for everything. He didn't want to make a Star Wars film he wanted to make Star Wars nostalgia.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

You're supposed to identify with Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

the love for the loving vader scene is so embarrassing

there's a scene in the game jedi: fallen order that's very similar and i was rolling my eyes the whole time

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

The MSJ posted:

We must destroy AI content creators.

I did not know I could more personally hate AI dudes but here we somehow are

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

rodbeard posted:

yup

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

rodbeard posted:

no poo poo

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

were you watching the movie booing him the whole time?

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

I saw somebody put forward it would be a good short film which was basically just the Rebels escaping with the plans and the only part most people remember.

a scriptwriter that knows what character voice is would've solved most of the issue

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I thought that my favorite online content creator (Gregson St. railroad trestle in Durham, NC) had fallen off after the clearance increase but… we’re so back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qiGP72GFUc

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

claw game handjob posted:

I did not know I could more personally hate AI dudes but here we somehow are
The thing I can't tell with engagement farming content is: are people getting exposed, or are the clicks that are driving this stuff coming from bots? It's too late for Facebook which is obviously just all bots appealing to bots at this point, but on places like Tiktok are people really searching for "korra swinging those things ai" or "[actress] throwing it back" (and never anything you'd expect like "[actress] nudes" or "[person] onlyfans") or is the algorithm coming up with increasingly out of pocket poo poo all on its own

mycot fucked around with this message at 00:50 on May 8, 2024

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pootybutt posted:

a scriptwriter that knows what character voice is would've solved most of the issue

Or a director who can draw out emotional performances but you hardly hire Gareth Edwards for that.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
The main effect of this whole Star Wars conversation has been making me want to go find the Dinotopia books again.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

disney has now purchased the rights to dinotopia. look forward to dinotopia: origins

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Endorph posted:

disney has now purchased the rights to dinotopia. look forward to dinotopia: origins

can't be much worse than the miniseries

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

dinotopia: the new guard

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Zokari posted:

the love for the loving vader scene is so embarrassing

there's a scene in the game jedi: fallen order that's very similar and i was rolling my eyes the whole time

I remember people freaking out over how good and cool it was and when I saw the movie in theaters I thought I missed the cool scene everyone was talking about somehow because it just looked like the exact same lightsaber slop every star wars is now to me.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
In Fallen Order it's important that he's there because the whole game is about the remnants of the Jedi and where they go next. Vader represents both the worst possible outcome and the biggest threat to whatever they choose to do.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CelticPredator posted:

The prequels are well liked now because the kids who grew up with them are now in their 20’s and 30’s .

I post this every time a discussion about the reception of the Prequels comes up, it's a 1999 documentary following a bunch of diehard Australian fans as they get super hyped for the release of the film and then catches all their reactions immediately after they've seen it for the first time. Some of then loved it but others were immediately pissed. It's hilarious how many stages of grief they're exhibiting while they're standing around outside the theatre arguing: anger, denial, bargaining ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HNfAoQbs4w&t=1866s
Skip to 31:05 for the reactions

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Apropos of nothing, I love Dong Guang Ji Long Food-Grade Glycine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25H7BC2EOXk

I don't even know about this, but I love people are just doing 2000s-era shitposts on Tiktok.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 8, 2024

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

obsessed with garyatric pissbabies

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Gaius Marius posted:

This could be the Amazing Spiderman 1 thread instead. Personally it's a good film that spins its wheels too much and is mostly saved by Stone and Garfield's chemistry. Stone could and should do a classic screwball comedy instead of spending all her time with Lanthimos.

I never paid any attention to Amazing Spider-Man 2 and I just found out a couple days ago that they kill Gwen in that and their Green Goblin looks awful and I couldn't stop laughing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69u_Pxb_8zI

Man plays skyrim, ends up mapping the outflow and tributaries of one of the main rivers in the game and somehow makes it compelling for 13 minutes.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

No, woman! Turn back! Turn back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEbvu8oTnCw

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Arc Hammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69u_Pxb_8zI

Man plays skyrim, ends up mapping the outflow and tributaries of one of the main rivers in the game and somehow makes it compelling for 13 minutes.

His restaurant and woodworking videos are pretty great too.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

i liked his previous video about background details in driving games

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
his odd and unremarkable places series is cool

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
some newcomers to the VG Podcasts with a really neat introspective on the GameBoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv6plCCgRg

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Nuns with Guns posted:

I never paid any attention to Amazing Spider-Man 2 and I just found out a couple days ago that they kill Gwen in that and their Green Goblin looks awful and I couldn't stop laughing.

Buddy of mine was talking that Dafoes GG outfit didn't hold up when we went to see it on the rerelease. I showed him a picture of the Amazing suit and he nearly died laughing before admitting the Raimi suit was fine.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

It really didnt help that Dane Dehaan looks Like That but they made their own bed on that one

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I'm pretty sure DeHaan's Goblin was made to look like Dafoe's real face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
At least he had a neat musical theme?
Again for like the 2 minutes he was on screen.