Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Al! posted:

find me one instance of an ar-15 saving a gay person because i can find at least 49 people who were killed by one

jesus lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol tfr is extremely mad that their mod got busted for making an extremely racist post

went to go snack on some delicious drama and saw this lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Vox Nihili posted:

Lol @ all the goons needing a wikipedia link to see how insanely racist that strange fruit comment was

yeah lol

and like not the funny kinda racism either. just the sad kind

speng31b
May 8, 2010

When a mod warns you to not make shooting people jokes. Pay attention.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I remember they went after Cyrano too, just... what is their problem / what are they trying to accomplish?!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yeah lol

and like not the funny kinda racism either. just the sad kind

It is old timey racism. It is hard to explain but it's the kinda sneak diss when the offender is trying to inform you where they stand and you just gotta be cool or act stupid. Same kinda guy would say the word oriental or formerian at me and I just gotta be on my toes around them. Especially if they're a (forums) cop.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
its exotic slur education day in cspam again. tf is a formerian

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i can go darker. it seems like encouraging gun ownership in a group with higher than average suicides, in a country where the majority of successful suicides are by gun, is actually the opposite of keeping queer people safe

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

Lol @ all the goons needing a wikipedia link to see how insanely racist that strange fruit comment was

congrats on your knowledge of racism

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

clear eyes, full diaper, cant lose

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Al! posted:

i can go darker. it seems like encouraging gun ownership in a group with higher than average suicides, in a country where the majority of successful suicides are by gun, is actually the opposite of keeping queer people safe

fag here this is my actual take. theyre cool little mechanisms and sometimes useful tools but i dont think anyone whos had chronic SI should choose to own one or be around them

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

speng31b posted:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Ohtori Akio posted:

its exotic slur education day in cspam again. tf is a formerian

it's a kind of monster from irish mythology

balor is their king. he's kind of a dick

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
they should stick to terrorism

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
my mother in law from japan still says oriental and it's funny every single time

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

speng31b posted:

thanks, we covered the civil rights movement in high school

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Vox Nihili posted:

thanks, we covered the civil rights movement in high school

yeah we did strange fruit and a dream deferred in like 5th grade

that might be a southern thing tho

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Balor rules, his eye is destined to burn the earth but it sleeps behind his 7 sealed lids, likely a big mythological influence on The Revelation

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

What the hell is a formerian

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Head in their chests people

speng31b
May 8, 2010

thinking of a new gameshow, same format as "are you smarter than a 5th grader" but it's "do you know more about racism than a mod?"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

my_custom_username posted:

turn off your monitor?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

formarian i think is one of the races in the Dominions series

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
we're taking fomorian back so that us irish can call eachother it non-pejoratively

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
lol d&d

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Mr Hootington posted:

It all goes back to the Jeff pronouncement that the mod team will no longer moderate opinions. Which is why poo poo has been getting crazier in d&d/gbs/everywhere else.

when did this happen?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Weka posted:

when did this happen?

yeah what's the skinny on here also hi i just clicked last post what's this thread about

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Weka posted:

when did this happen?

I don't think it did. Hoots is mixing up some d&d mod policy with a sitewide policy by Jeff. back when vyelkin was politics admin noone ever stopped him from moderating opinions if they were vile enough. the d&d mods just won't do it on their own.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

my_custom_username posted:

When an Ian gets a nickname

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

realizing that nobody has wanted to talk to or deal with the gun freaks and their mods on sa for so many years that it feels like theyre all posting from 2014

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i miss vyelkin kills but he was right to quit lol

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They're the best gun forum on the internet (derogatory)

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Gumball Gumption posted:

They're the best gun forum on the internet (derogatory)

its like being the sharpest tool in the cuck shed

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Weka posted:

when did this happen?

Back in March 2023 Jeff said he didn't want SA to take positions on big political problems.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4026401&pagenumber=4&perpage=40&userid=0#post530288185
It was in a thread about people being crazy about politics and thinking it had a direct world impact.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Mr Hootington posted:

Back in March 2023 Jeff said he didn't want SA to take positions on big political problems.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4026401&pagenumber=4&perpage=40&userid=0#post530288185

he's right

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Cuttlefush posted:

he's right

He is right

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

:hai:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ded redd posted:

also hi i just clicked last post what's this thread about

welcome to helldump bitch

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

guns killed hitler (pejorative/laudatory)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
if it wasnt for guns hitler may still be alive to this day