Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

TheKingslayer posted:

Taking the bait here too huh?

once again you've all fallen into the trap of saying "that's wrong" to the masterful troll of saying there's actually a good explanation for the racism in the thread solely dedicated to discussing racism man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
If you hear someone make a racist joke you should probably just assume they're making an innocent reference to a 75 year old movie unless proven otherwise.

Also it's wild that the defense to the fried chicken thing as "Well it wasn't a joke about black people it was a joke about starving people cause there was a famous famine that he's probably referring to" as if mocking an event where thousands of people starved to death is a perfectly normal thing to do???

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I mean if we want to give the bad actor the attention they want that's fine. Whatever hastens the eventual forum ban.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

I think pointing and crying wolf when their is no wolf causes people to not believe you when a wolf appears.

hmm, like some kind of slippery slope. i've heard those are bad

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

TheKingslayer posted:

I mean if we want to give the bad actor the attention they want that's fine. Whatever hastens the eventual forum ban.

that's what I've been waiting for.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

*standing in a field of dead sheep and being told they were killed by wolves, who are still within eyeshot*

i just dont think this specific sheep was killed by a wolf

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Trying to Kramer in to point at a single turd in a pile and go, "See, that one doesn't have kernels of corn in it!" is telling on yourself big time.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

just because you see a bunch of sheep killed in Wolf Glenn doesn't mean you can assume you each one was killed by wolves. That's irresponsible to all the innocent wolves out there.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i kick the rear end of the last 8 people and they cry for 72 hours, unable to post

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

A terrible way to treat a brother from the AFCN

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

oh so now jim cornette listeners arent even allowed to post about what they like about the jim cornette show in the jim cornette megathread? interesting....

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

edogawa rando posted:

:redflag:Defense of Jim Cornette and his hateful views will not be tolerated under any circumstances.:redflag:

Hoot breaking the thread's only rule

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Mr Hootington posted:

I think pointing and crying wolf when their is no wolf causes people to not believe you when a wolf appears.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Maybe you shouldn't need to give two shitheads a view to see that there isn't a wolf

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

TheKingslayer posted:

A terrible way to treat a brother from the AFCN

i considered you a soldier, a demigod, etc. rathjer than person

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Cavauro posted:

i considered you a soldier, a demigod, etc. rathjer than person

Respect. May Joe B remain healthy and throw far.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

:cripes:

Obviously this thread has only one rule, which is to never give Cornette the benefit of the doubt and that Just Asking Questions or straight Cornette defense isn't allowed. But please, if Hoot is doing his boneheaded poo poo I promise it's okay to just not react. Or metaphorically post "ughgh" and scroll away.

gently caress Cornette and his art guy though, gross!!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'm sure THIS time will be different.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Obviously this thread has only one rule, which is to never give Cornette the benefit of the doubt and that Just Asking Questions or straight Cornette defense isn't allowed. But please, if Hoot is doing his boneheaded poo poo I promise it's okay to just not react. Or metaphorically post "ughgh" and scroll away.

No offense Erin but why should we just scroll? This is my favorite sub because of how we don't tolerate trolls and assholes. I'm not saying ban or whatever but if someone tries to defend a racist I reserve the right to call him out for it.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

imo its fine to respond in the corn thread. its not like all this posting is ruining the sanctity of it.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Shard posted:

No offense Erin but why should we just scroll? This is my favorite sub because of how we don't tolerate trolls and assholes. I'm not saying ban or whatever but if someone tries to defend a racist I reserve the right to call him out for it.

I'm all for it, it's a discussion forum, it's for discussion, I love Discussing, but there comes a point where it feels like we're just posting in circles y'know?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I get ya. It's a balancing act for sure.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Not like you can run out of posts

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Been puttin in some overtime in the posting mines.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Not like you can run out of posts

Running out of posts. Running out of pops. Soon we'll have nothing left.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hoot my balls

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

coconono posted:

Hoot my balls

I know buddy.
If you were Jim, Hoot probably would.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Jim Cornette is a piece of poo poo bitch baby moron for many reasons. But maybe the most disgraceful thing about him is thinking the Bashams were money.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

you know you don't gotta give it to him

bartok
May 10, 2006

Disney did a remake of Mighty Joe Young starring Charlize Theron back in 1998. It sucked poo poo and Jim Cornette is a racist.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

SethSeries posted:

you know you don't gotta give it to him

i dont think even jim cornette would say you gotta give it to him

he'd insist you gotta give it to his wife

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

bartok posted:

Disney did a remake of Mighty Joe Young starring Charlize Theron back in 1998. It sucked poo poo and Jim Cornette is a racist.

It came out at the same time as Meet Joe Black (the film where Brad Pitt crosses a street & gets pinballed against a dozen cars) & I have always confused them in my brain, because I guess my brain can only handle one Joe film per year

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TheKingslayer posted:

Jim Cornette is a piece of poo poo bitch baby moron for many reasons. But maybe the most disgraceful thing about him is thinking the Bashams were money.

Thinking Mikey Mondo would get over making rape jokes against Maria Kanellis was pretty bad.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

coconono posted:

Thinking Mikey Mondo would get over was pretty bad.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

coconono posted:

Thinking Mikey Mondo would get over making rape jokes against Maria Kanellis was pretty bad.

And then bringing him into ROH

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Corny's repeated insistence that Matt Morgan was the next big thing always made me laugh. 7 feet tall or not, that dude sucked.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

TheKingslayer posted:

So one of them was the damaja, booked to be cornette’s big monster heel or some poo poo, right? Anyone know where I can see a match by him or a match by the other basham who was apparently also one of cornette’s top names where they show why the heck cornette had such faith in them and pushed them so hard?

Like, I saw their poo poo rear end bashams tag matches and not a one made me notice them, but there has to be some old ovw footage with a half decent damaja match, right?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I completely forgot they had a short run in TNA, feuding with Billy Gunn and Lance Archer

bartok
May 10, 2006

CombineThresher posted:

Corny's repeated insistence that Matt Morgan was the next big thing always made me laugh. 7 feet tall or not, that dude sucked.

The Hellevator is a cool name for a finisher. That's the only nice thing I can say about Matt Morgan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

bartok posted:

I was supposed to see Mighty Joe Young with a friend back in the day but instead I spent the money my dad gave us on this and we walked around the mall until he picked us up a couple hours later. True story.