Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Just got home and I am happy to see at 23 mins FNC is holding their own against Gen G

aaaaannnnnnd they collapsed in the next 5 min

Raged fucked around with this message at 10:40 on May 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

at least FNC put up a fight, more than you can say about the other teams

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

CODChimera posted:

at least FNC put up a fight, more than you can say about the other teams

Oh yeah, can you imagine an LCS team against Gen G? I still think FNC can pull off a win.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Reverse sweep incoming

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Western casters are adorable. "Look at the play FNC made, now they're only down 8k gold!"

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Committing that much to sion diving early seems a bit silly, he just farmed with his passive anyway

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

FNC are indeed putting up a proper fight, which is very :unsmith: to see when playing against a team of GenG's caliber, but it's just not enough

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Asol just gliding round melting faces

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

So does any western team take a single game off the LPL or LCK?

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

FNC are indeed putting up a proper fight, which is very :unsmith: to see when playing against a team of GenG's caliber, but it's just not enough

I am not much of a FNC fan but I was genuinely impressed with some of their plays until they threw it away on silly decisions or poor macro. Fun games to watch at least.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

njsykora posted:

Fnatic took a game off Top

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

njsykora posted:

taiwan is to the west of somewhere

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
SILVER SCRAPES

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
PSG should have a good series with T1

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Psg looked good

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Psg looked good

They should have 2 slots next year instead of the LCS sending the top 2 from clown college each year. Heck, make it performance based on the previous year. Top 4 regions at MSI 2024 get 2 slots in 2025.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Raged posted:

They should have 2 slots next year instead of the LCS sending the top 2 from clown college each year. Heck, make it performance based on the previous year. Top 4 regions at MSI 2024 get 2 slots in 2025.

It would probably be worlds influences next MSI

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Psg looked good

honestly totally unexpected for me with how much the PCS has been diminished over the years. it wasn't so long ago that TSM was able to get maple on the cheap from what seemed like a second class region, but this team brought the old FW/TPA fire back in a big way, and i'm genuinely sad they weren't able to pull it over the finish line

ashley had an interview with bwipo where the guy looks more gutted than i think i've ever seen him. by all appearances, he worked drat hard in the leadup to MSI grinding soloqueue and was taking the whole thing seriously, so getting utterly crunched like they did cratered his mental even moreso than the others. it's refreshing to see someone taking direct responsibility for personal mistakes like that, but it's still a brutal watch

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Vermain posted:

honestly totally unexpected for me with how much the PCS has been diminished over the years. it wasn't so long ago that TSM was able to get maple on the cheap from what seemed like a second class region, but this team brought the old FW/TPA fire back in a big way, and i'm genuinely sad they weren't able to pull it over the finish line

I feel like even if the business infrastructure suffers at times, you're never going to be able to completely kill a region with playable ping to CN and KR for soloQ and scrims. Folding Japan in definitely doesn't hurt either.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Broadcast is live :siren:

Picks/bans about an hour from now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoOfDL0p2y8

Everyone ready for a good shellacking?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

it's not really an MSI without an inexplicable T1 collapse, but i'm not sure they'll do it this early

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Vermain posted:

it's not really an MSI without an inexplicable T1 collapse, but i'm not sure they'll do it this early

Agreed, though it would be funny if they got their collapse out of the way early, only to drop to the lower bracket and ruin anyone's hopes of getting out of it

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Whatever happens it should be a good match.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
g2 and picking yasuo into better teams, name a more iconic duo

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Sure, kick in the door when you're playing T1, I'm down

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

F...Faker?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The gently caress is going on?

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
It is so fking G2 to be the first team to lane swap, be the team that every single person said 'they will laneswap', then take standard lanes and beat opponents with them.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

G2 discovering they're not in the LEC and can't just skill check their opponents in the mid-game any more.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

njsykora posted:

G2 discovering they're not in the LEC and can't just skill check their opponents in the mid-game any more.

T1, on the other hand,

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Honeypot Guma lol

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Lmao Caps.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

What was that dive on Zeus, Caps? :lol:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

njsykora posted:

Lmao Caps.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Just absolutely magnificent Baron fight call there :laffo:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Lol Miky just gets slowly walked down over the course of a full minute with no-one coming to help.

E: Go home Miky you're drunk.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Faker seems drunk as well

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

If I knew I was going into a game with multiple tanks I would simply not play lethality Varus.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
WE HAVE A SERIES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
G2 haters in shambles