Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

The mental imagery of Sting coming down from the rafters and beating the poo poo out of a goon with a bat is kinda funny. Even funnier if the crime was posting about watching Superstars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

forkboy84 posted:

They can't be true CSPAM posters then

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i am sorry for being cruel.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Lamuella posted:

I mean this is an argument for banning 95% of people who post here

if they ever make me mod a real rain is gonna come and wash the scum off the street

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

from a purely comedic perspective, it would be far funnier if, rather than waiting for the wwe trolls to post something funny, they were instead hunted down like dogs

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

PSP when?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

March 24, 2004

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Apparently we have to hit the appropriate number of votes in the current Champ of the Month thread before any changes can be considered. Do your part!

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Jerusalem posted:

Apparently we have to hit the appropriate number of votes in the current Champ of the Month thread before any changes can be considered. Do your part!

Fine! I voted and did my part. Thank you for reminding me. I hope you have a terrific weekend.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I am and I will, and you too! :)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

at some point

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Re-open the hell thread I’ve got demonic opinions I need to subject my friends and enemies to.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Reopen the hell thread

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Reopen the hell thread

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Don't know who's idea it was to close it but bad move

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tiny has the mods on payroll

Know nothin bout that 💅🏻

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin what have you done...

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Don't know who's idea it was to close it but bad move

Gumball Gumption posted:

Bad posts so far today. Let's close it down until tomorrow, try again

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ok so I've been hacked and the mods are just laughing

Seven Deadly Sins
Apr 5, 2009

I stole something that would make me fabulously wealthy...

But I eated it.
At this point, Mr. Hootington has eaten 7 different probes of varying length in the last month in this forum for his weird posting schtick, and it's gotten to the point where he's making GBS threads up multiple threads and a mod is stepping in to tell people not to reply to the guy. Wouldn't it make more sense at this point to just toss him a forumban?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Forum bans should really be for worse crimes than "having loving terrible taste in wrestling & podcasts & insisting on telling people about it"

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

let the subforum vote on it

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

If a forumban is even being considered, a threadban first would be a good idea.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I think he's a pretty obnoxious gimmick poster or someone who binged decades worth of WWE content in a few weeks and destroyed his sanity in the process.

I think a forumban is a pretty big jump. Maybe threadban from the Cornette thread.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Counteroffer: confined TO the cornette thread

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im just gonna keep slapping him if he keeps posting stupid.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I don't read the Cornette thread but I think their stuff is pretty harmless elsewhere - sometimes funny even! I think folks sometimes get a bit too worked up about obvious jokes or bait, usually when it concerns AEW, but yeah, if the gimmick is going into "maybe the bigot isn't that bad??" territory it's probably best to draw a line.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

he posted this the day before he started trolling the cornette thread

Mr Hootington posted:

Yep

Going to get cornpilled and revive the Cornette thread.

he definitely might be earnest though, let it play out

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I'll admit I have no idea what the protocol is for a forum ban but like, it's not like the guy exists solely to poo poo up threads as he's fine when talking about WCW or even current day WWE as long as he doesn't go weird online brain/lazy trolling about it. I would assume a forum ban has some kind of technical backend thing about it where admins can stop whoever it is from seeing the forum at all, so I can at least ask and see how that works.

Sting 64 will hit him with the bat when he posts stupid though and so will I

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I'll admit I have no idea what the protocol is for a forum ban but like, it's not like the guy exists solely to poo poo up threads as he's fine when talking about WCW or even current day WWE as long as he doesn't go weird online brain/lazy trolling about it. I would assume a forum ban has some kind of technical backend thing about it where admins can stop whoever it is from seeing the forum at all, so I can at least ask and see how that works.

Sting 64 will hit him with the bat when he posts stupid though and so will I

If Hoot is posting earnestly in other threads, I think y'all should just give him escalating probs if he posts in the Cornette thread. I think he has proven to be acting in bad faith there at best.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

A forumban is when a mod adds to the probe “don’t post in this subforum again”, and then the person gets banned if they post in that subforum again. You can just do it I promise.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Forum bans are for when you want to perma someone, but the admins say no because it really isn't that bad.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

JUNGLE BOY posted:

he posted this the day before he started trolling the cornette thread

he definitely might be earnest though, let it play out

Well this kind of changes my opinion.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

So what I've been doing to SpeakSlow then. Good to know.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i genuinely think it's a false-flag alt of yea ok to get the WWE thread closed

and hell, i support them

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

projecthalaxy posted:

Counteroffer: confined TO the cornette thread

Confine them to this thread instead https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4058357&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

and hell, i support them

When someone you love is gone you start seeing them in strangers everywhere

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

His posts in the wwe thread are fine. I don’t care what happens in the Jim Cornette thread. If we chase away someone who earnestly enjoys watching and discussing WWE Main Event then we’ve failed as a community.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
personally I think watching 8 hours of WWE every single week as a bit to own (???) is kind of funny and since nobody else actually talks about WWE and I can't be bothered to look up results it's literally the only way I know what's happening in wwe

24 hour probes any time he posts the weird cornette stuff though I think we've probably evolved beyond ironic bigotry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

and hell, i support them

Well this kind of changes my opinion.