Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

i just hope the hootington writing team does better with continuity, they still slip occasionally out of character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i genuinely think it's a false-flag alt of yea ok to get the WWE thread closed

and hell, i support them

I’m in contact with them off-site, this is all but confirmed.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Tampa Bae posted:

personally I think watching 8 hours of WWE every single week as a bit to own (???) is kind of funny and since nobody else actually talks about WWE and I can't be bothered to look up results it's literally the only way I know what's happening in wwe

24 hour probes any time he posts the weird cornette stuff though I think we've probably evolved beyond ironic bigotry

Pretty much where I'm at and what is planned to happen. The phrase "Tiffany Stratton dream match" has been sustaining me for 24 hours at this point it's so funny

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 minutes!

NienNunb posted:

I’m in contact with them off-site, this is all but confirmed.

tell them to come home :(

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Pretty much where I'm at and what is planned to happen. The phrase "Tiffany Stratton dream match" has been sustaining me for 24 hours at this point it's so funny

There is no such thing, right?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

i don’t read any of the bad threads so idk what anyone is talking about but this is a funnier thing than most people have ever posted so make them an ik imo

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Majinfoose posted:

There is no such thing, right?

go on Majin....watch the show 😈 and you'll find out😈😈

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Shard posted:

go on Majin....watch the show 😈 and you'll find out😈😈

Shard, you know what our team name is right?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

we may be a team, but I also get a lot of laughter off some people giving raw a chance again and then posting how much they hated it. I still go back and read Jungle Boy's posts when Punk returned.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The gimmick lost a lot of its bite for me when I realized the guy isn't actually watching a second of WWE.

But it's still mildly annoying so yeah I would support getting rid of him. The Kool aid guy too before he pulls the mask off too, would be nice.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Shard posted:

we may be a team, but I also get a lot of laughter off some people giving raw a chance again and then posting how much they hated it. I still go back and read Jungle Boy's posts when Punk returned.

That was really great, but, I'm good homie

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

MJeff posted:

The gimmick lost a lot of its bite for me when I realized the guy isn't actually watching a second of WWE.

Good for him.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Check the rating on cagematch, Raw was good this week.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I do not support a forum ban even though his posts are pretty bad.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Aside from all that, do we even need a Cornette thread? Does anyone here actually like talking about him?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

"Not actually watching WWE but having to maintain a gimmick where I supposedly watch nearly 10 hours of it a week" seems like literal Hell to me, beyond AEW Hell, even.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Shinjobi posted:

Aside from all that, do we even need a Cornette thread? Does anyone here actually like talking about him?

It exists purely to stop the poo poo leeching into the Podcast thread.

MJeff posted:

But it's still mildly annoying so yeah I would support getting rid of him. The Kool aid guy too before he pulls the mask off too, would be nice.
I dunno, "Tiffany Stratton is in a dream match" was worth a chuckle in its absurdity.

If we banned everyone mildly annoying to someone it'd be a pretty quiet forum.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

I think it's better to have it than not because it's a convenient place to find stuff when someone asks me (in good faith) what's wrong with the guy after seeing him be acceptable on Dark Side or something.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okay I just went and looked at the Cornette thread and yeah this guy needs to not come back, ever.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MJeff posted:

still mildly annoying so yeah I would support getting rid of him.
this place gonna be a dang ghost town if that’s all it takes

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I guess I get it as a containment zone, but then I am asking this subforum why the gently caress are we reporting on Cornette in any thread?

Why do people touch the poop?????

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

I guess I get it as a containment zone, but then I am asking this subforum why the gently caress are we reporting on Cornette in any thread?

Because people are going to talk about it somewhere. Even if it's not direct, you get poo poo like people talking about other wrestlers talking about what Cornette said, and then it becomes coy line-toeing that drags down threads and makes them unreadable. It's better that when something happens, it goes in the containment thread, and nobody who wants to discuss it has to see it.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Shinjobi posted:

From what I understand, as it was made long before my time, the thread is a way to prevent people from posting his poo poo anywhere else because he is unfortunately a massive name in the conversation because of the reach of his podcast, his gaming the algorithm, and his long history in the business. It's a place to have a convenient resource to point at when someone comes in after seeing him on Dark Side or seeing his podcast pop up in their recs and wonder what people think of him or don't understand his deal or think "well this guy is a known name, maybe he's worth discussing". Also, because we all have terrible impulse control, it helps having a containment zone for the times where people are exposed to Cornette Radiation and want to complain about it. It's better to centralize it instead of having it pop up anywhere else. At least this way people who don't want to see it should be able to just ignore the thread.

But again, it's before my time and it's also not something I feel is worth touching because I see the need for it. The thread has one rule, which is that you do not defend Cornette's terrible homophobic/sexist/racist views and if you do that you eat a probe so :shrug:

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Sometimes people touch the poop because it fell out of CM Punk's drawers during a match and you gotta keep poo poo out of the ring, brother

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Entirely banning discussion of a thing is not a real option. If somebody can't follow the one rule for discussing that thing and is in fact intentionally flouting the rule over and over, they're the one that doesn't belong here.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I always just scroll by Hoot’s posts because I find them terribly disinteresting and anyone earnestly talking about how good WWE is really doesn’t do it for me. I checked the Cornhole to see what the fuss was about, and yeah - gently caress that poo poo. Their regular posts in the WWE thread have been pretty harmless most of the time but trying to defend Cornette’s racist nonsense is another thing.

As WWE Legend Cameron would say - girl, bye.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Shinjobi posted:

It was started because people talked a lot about Cornette in the podcast & I guess social media threads and as Cornette got more & more unhinged & the discourse around it got worse, it was decided that we'll never completely rid ourselves of his fans but at least this way others don't have to read it.

Why do people touch the poop? You'd be as well asking why are we here. Some philosophical questions can have no answer. Goons will be goons.

If people are that bothered then a) stop reading WWE threads, it's not like you watch that slop anyway or b) put him on ignore.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

You can ramp probes up too, if you think that will help. Just increase the probe length by one increment each time you hit him for the same thing. Based on what happens in other forums, admins will approve the longer probes if you've put notes in the previous ones stating that you're ramping up for repeat offenses.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It was really funny that people were getting worked up about the random Cornette pics instead of side stepping them and moving on.

The new posts though?

:downsa:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i dont think hootington deserves to be banned for posting about cornie or wwe

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i dont think hootington deserves to be banned for posting about cornie or wwe

if you care so much about hoot maybe stop encouraging him to troll PSP in the CSPAM thread

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

JUNGLE BOY posted:

if you care so much about hoot maybe stop encouraging him to troll PSP in the CSPAM thread

i dont really consider what he's doing trolling

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i dont really consider what he's doing trolling

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

hootington wading into the cornette thread will cause something immensly funny to happen

followed by hoot beginning to troll the cornette thread lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

JUNGLE BOY posted:

followed by hoot beginning to troll the cornette thread lol

i wasnt wrong lol

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Hooray for offsite or I suppose off-subforum posting clans, and their elaborate plans

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Sorry but Hoot has an ironclad contract, request denied.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
defending the guy who loves to say the n word but it's ok because it's ironic (or maybe it isn't brother)

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

CSPAM: not even once

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
now they say all men are created equal but when you look at hootington you can see that statement is not true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

now they say all men are created equal but when you look at hootington you can see that statement is not true

He's less