Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Finger Prince posted:

So, how much are y'all paying for insurance?

Mine's $300/month for full coverage on a used 2020 Bolt, though I'm not sure what value GEICO is using for full coverage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

bird with big dick posted:

Jesus christ electrician chat is boring

Yeah, stop posting about electricity in the electric vehicles thread. Also stop posting about vehicles.

Cat Interceptor, please change the thread title to "Insurance: the thread about insurance"

What kind of fast food do you guys like? I'm a big fan of my regional burger chain, Dick's, which I think has the best burgers anywhere, all the other burger chains are mid at best.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Fast food in my area I like:
- A&W (Canada) best value for burgers
- Popeyes- this is new here and I love their spicy sandwich
- chipotle - love their chips

I kinda wish we had something like Panda Express here

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Idk that sounds like a lot for insurance

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Popeyes sandwich is legit. Not really a fan of their fries though so instead of a sandwich and fries sometimes i just get two sandwiches.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Elviscat posted:

Yeah, stop posting about electricity in the electric vehicles thread. Also stop posting about vehicles.

Cat Interceptor, please change the thread title to "Insurance: the thread about insurance"

What kind of fast food do you guys like? I'm a big fan of my regional burger chain, Dick's, which I think has the best burgers anywhere, all the other burger chains are mid at best.

Local dicks last time I went there was bad but I hope that was a fluke

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Popeyes sandwich is legit. Not really a fan of their fries though so instead of a sandwich and fries sometimes i just get two sandwiches.

Popeyes is all about the red beans and rice. Also, the chicken sandwhich does indeed slap.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Dicks is great but you have to set your expectations accordingly. It’s a good cheap burger.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Nfcknblvbl posted:

$1,000 monthly, which is less than the Kia Optima I had before in 2018. Though we did have the Kia Boys here in Atlanta helping with that so.

Gnoman posted:

Mine's $300/month for full coverage on a used 2020 Bolt, though I'm not sure what value GEICO is using for full coverage.

Jesus Christ are you guys on an insurance policy that offers replacements with a car sculpted out of solid gold?

I'm only paying $152/mo for full comprehensive coverage from State Farm on my brand new '24 Lyriq Sport 3; and that's in Michigan, one of the most expensive states for auto insurance. Admittedly it's discounted because they do my house and other vehicle too, but even without the discounts it'd still only be $264/mo.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Elviscat posted:

I've had Dick's Burgers before, their food is astoundingly cheap and they advertise how they pay their workers and give them healthcare and employer-matching 401k plans so that's pretty cool. That's enough reason to eat there. The burger I got was pretty decent, the fries left a lot to be desired, drat good milkshake for the price. Overall, I'll say better than In and Out, comparable to Five Guys if you're not in the mood for frills, definitely near the top of the fast food ladder if it's like 11pm and you need something good

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Wayne Knight posted:

Dicks is great but you have to set your expectations accordingly. It’s a good cheap burger.

Their fries on the other hand...

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I like Five Guys but it's a bit pricey and the burgers get real messy. When I'm in CA for biz I do enjoy in n out quite a bit.

I would never ever eat a five guys burger in a car, god that would be disastrous

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

biznatchio posted:

Jesus Christ are you guys on an insurance policy that offers replacements with a car sculpted out of solid gold?

I'm only paying $152/mo for full comprehensive coverage from State Farm on my brand new '24 Lyriq Sport 3; and that's in Michigan, one of the most expensive states for auto insurance. Admittedly it's discounted because they do my house and other vehicle too, but even without the discounts it'd still only be $264/mo.

My Jeep is rated at 975€ yearly with vandalism, glass replacement, driver healthcare, legal assist and anonymous damages. How in the gently caress you get a grand monthly is beyond me, do you guys drive in Rafah?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

SlowBloke posted:

My Jeep is rated at 975€ yearly with vandalism, glass replacement, driver healthcare, legal assist and anonymous damages. How in the gently caress you get a grand monthly is beyond me, do you guys drive in Rafah?

Have you seen American roads and drivers.

Anyway my comprehensive insurance for my egolf is 150/month idk how you guys pay so much

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

gwrtheyrn posted:

they are good too :colbert:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

$1000/month is loving insane, I'm at $150 for comprehensive on my Bolt and liability on my Ranger through USAA. With increased liability limits.

gwrtheyrn posted:

They're an acquired taste.

I used to love shoveling as much dicks in my mouth as possible, but I can't eat red meat anymore :(

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Sorry to go back to electricity chat but I just found this.

https://twitter.com/Out_of_Spec/status/1300576579794481152?t=rVqKDDEInp771PPrFeQqoQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/itskyleconner/status/1766570904039960894?t=xFBnJEvwUwDeE5UwQ8MjsA&s=19

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Out of spec people getting electrocuted by one of their supposed "cool" trick would rank just below the "water is wet" on my surprise scale.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Water is *bzzzzztt* ow!

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Elviscat posted:

$1000/month is loving insane,

Is most likely per 6 months since a lot of insurance bills that way and op is just bad

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.
I'm all for Hesburger, but only because I got badly addicted to their cucumber mayonnaise french fry dip around the turn of the millennium and I have never been able to rehab myself.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

It aint Muskchat, I dont care.

quote:

Australia has a fair few traditional burger take aways. There's a superb one up at Buladelah thats is flat out 50's style milk bar that is just incredible. Steak sandwich and a chocolate milkshake is the best that I hink they built a a Supercharger station on the opposite side to. Pretty good place to do a quick stop in a rally event in the evening.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

gwrtheyrn posted:

Is most likely per 6 months since a lot of insurance bills that way and op is just bad

Oops I meant to say $1,000/6 mo. I was going to bed when I posted that.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Pro move

FlapYoJacks posted:

Popeyes is all about the red beans and rice. Also, the chicken sandwhich does indeed slap.

Truth.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Jesus Christ I thought UK car insurance rates were bad.

In fact scratch that, UK car insurance rates are bad. Especially compared to EU. I guess USA just has even more ultra-capitalism going on aka huge companies squeezing the gently caress out of ordinary people as hard as possible. My sympathies.

Only had to pay £750 for first year's insurance on the (brand new) Model 3, in a London satellite/commuter town.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

LOL

Elviscat posted:

Taco Bell has really stepped up their game for vegetarians. We hardly visit Subway at all any more on road trips.

Best fries are Blake's Lotaburger, hands down. They're a regional chain based in New Mexico. Burgerville is pretty solid too.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

5 guys is too expensive for what it is, unless you factor in the "more fries than you can possibly eat, plus some more thrown in the bag for good measure" as a value add. Dick's is alright, but they do have price going for them. Great State burger is aces though. They make a drat good burger.

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer
State Farm

22 Model Y: $561.30 / 6 mos
20 Bolt: $355.76 / 6 mos

Not even $1000 with both cars, but we barely drive anywhere and live in the Midwest so that probably helps

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Comparing insurance rates to another poster is a fool’s errand, there’s a billion rating factors

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Finger Prince posted:

5 guys is too expensive for what it is, unless you factor in the "more fries than you can possibly eat, plus some more thrown in the bag for good measure" as a value add. Dick's is alright, but they do have price going for them. Great State burger is aces though. They make a drat good burger.

A small fry at Five Guys is plenty for two people. A large is good for three or four.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

MrYenko posted:

A small fry at Five Guys is plenty for two people. A large is good for three or four.

Last week, I had a cheeseburger all the way with a large fry, and finished it all. I eat one meal a day.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Comparing insurance rates to another poster is a fool’s errand, there’s a billion rating factors

Bwabd was bored of electricity chat, so I thought I'd help him out.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

This is correct

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Wow I guess the chunky CCS handle exists for a reason

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

SlowBloke posted:

Out of spec people getting electrocuted by one of their supposed "cool" trick would rank just below the "water is wet" on my surprise scale.

It cools the sensor in the handle, which to my understanding is only there to prevent burns to the hand.

If you are shocked by doing something like this, you're gonna get shocked because you likely charge when its raining from time to time.

QuarkJets posted:

I had been a Progressive customer for over a decade and suddenly got an email announcing that my annual premium was increasing by $1k because of a mistake in their system that had made the premiums too low for all Polestar owners. So I'm shopping for insurance actually, thinking of going with Amica because they seem chill

If you live in a state that can get insurance through NJM, I cannot recommend them enough. State Farm raised my rates to $143/month for our single Model 3 (no other cars), NJM for the exact same coverage is $82.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The specifications for charging state that in an event of a grounding fault, the contractors MUST be slammed open within 10ms. You won’t get shocked if a ground fault happens but you may end up damaging your vehicles charge port!

Source: Me. I wrote a lot of the software for the Rivian DCFCs. Also the CCS ISO spec.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 8, 2024

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Weren’t the v4 superchargers going to introduce water cooled cables or something?

It seems like a design flaw that your skinny handled charger plugs can’t dissipate enough heat to not thermal regulate to a fraction of their supposed capacity.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

priznat posted:

Weren’t the v4 superchargers going to introduce water cooled cables or something?

It seems like a design flaw that your skinny handled charger plugs can’t dissipate enough heat to not thermal regulate to a fraction of their supposed capacity.

V3 is, the older is not. Generally I think when Out of Spec does it its on V2 dispensers.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

It seems to be mainly for the V2 chargers, but also the Cybertruck is overheating the handle on V3 chargers because it's pulling so much current due to the 800V architecture/splitting the battery into two parallel 400V packs thing.

E: I also realize it's not a big risk, but being rain/splash resistant doesn't mean pouring water on it is a good idea.

Elviscat fucked around with this message at 17:31 on May 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

priznat posted:

High Speed Charging (Supervised)