Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

saladscooper posted:

they outright said that it's not

i read that as sarcastic but :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Second time cube has answered for someone else. Definitely gives me scum vibes, would also vote cube

this is the offending post. it's self-conscious and based on what is imo a silly premise, that cube of all people answering for someone else makes him appear scummy

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

fool of sound posted:

i read that as sarcastic but :shrug:

when people tell you who they are, believe them

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Why would you grill somebody about wanting to vote someone different then. You could basically answer your own question by recognizing they aren't pinged like you. You seem to be acting hella fake

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Second time cube has answered for someone else. Definitely gives me scum vibes, would also vote cube

Feels like Obama is floating options since he doesn't truly care, doesn't seem genuine on the heels of the tpc vote.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

saladscooper posted:

this is the offending post. it's self-conscious and based on what is imo a silly premise, that cube of all people answering for someone else makes him appear scummy

i could see the self-conscious maybe but i don't think the premise is particularly silly. scum have been winning games on SA lately by aggressively controlling the conversation while town lurks.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

I didn't want to do this because I feel like you get voted out early a lot but ##vote cube

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

fool of sound posted:

i could see the self-conscious maybe but i don't think the premise is particularly silly. scum have been winning games on SA lately by aggressively controlling the conversation while town lurks.

I see that you agree with my theory on the new scum meta

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Lol would be funny if this was them trying to distance

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

fool of sound posted:

setting aside the verisimilitude of your claim, sir fool, what i purport to express is the folly of applying such postulates to our dominetic colleague

i.e. i don't think cube answering for other people is scummy behavior for cube

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Why would you grill somebody about wanting to vote someone different then. You could basically answer your own question by recognizing they aren't pinged like you. You seem to be acting hella fake

Grill? I had reread all 3 of sombers posts and there hadn't really been anything that stood out as materially townie, so salad throwing that at the end of their post pinged me a bit.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

saladscooper posted:

setting aside the verisimilitude of your claim, sir fool, what i purport to express is the folly of applying such postulates to our dominetic colleague

i.e. i don't think cube answering for other people is scummy behavior for cube

Trying to hide yourself from me behind SAT words I see... Very clever salad. I could feel my brain craving another 30 minutes of scrolling on TikTok nearly instantly

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I didn't want to do this because I feel like you get voted out early a lot but ##vote cube

I made it late-game in a couple recent ones, don't let that hold you back.

It's not like I'll stop signing up for games.*

(*I do intend to stop signing up for games early June so I can focus on Champs but that'll be independent of how anything else goes in the meantime.)

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

saladscooper posted:

##vote Obama their "would vote cube" post is beyond stinky. behold my opinions changing in the spam of 3 minutes. also willing to go for binus, won't vote somber today.

Think I’ve got whiplash

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Think I’ve got whiplash

If you insist

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

saladscooper posted:

Well it’s generally something I’m guilty of when I’m scum as it’s easy post count padding to answer questions not directed at you

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I’m torn on TPC now because they are suddenly actively scum hunting. Is it just a reaction to votes building up on them though? Truly a catch 22 situation

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Think I’m turning more onto binus now though, seems to be coasting a lot more than usual

##vote binus

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I’m torn on TPC now because they are suddenly actively scum hunting. Is it just a reaction to votes building up on them though? Truly a catch 22 situation

Usually it's easier to scum hunt when there's actual content to react to

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

And trust me, I like when things are easy!!!

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Think I’m turning more onto binus now though, seems to be coasting a lot more than usual

##vote binus

Tf Is this not the same binus that I was voting for when I pinged you

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

##vote YPM

Thinking TPC over binus.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Tf Is this not the same binus that I was voting for when I pinged you

Yes but I’ve changed my mind now

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Is ypm usually this quiet?

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Only when I have writer's block

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I don't want to vote Obama (town read) or binus (neutral read / I want to see his reads after a flip) but any of the rest I'd be ok with. Maybe easing off on TPC a bit after that post about scum meta.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Is ypm usually this quiet?

Depends on work

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Maugrim posted:

I don't want to vote Obama (town read) or binus (neutral read / I want to see his reads after a flip) but any of the rest I'd be ok with. Maybe easing off on TPC a bit after that post about scum meta.

Again this feels implausibly earnest but I can't figure out what you think is going to change with binus. If you were anyone else I'd say that's fake, but can you explain to me why binus' reads post-flip are valuable? Like what are you hoping to see specifically?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

ObamaAkbar. posted:

This is incomprehensible to me

So I had made this post quoting the image in the OP to try and get people to engage.

CubicalSucrose posted:

Tag yourself - I'm the ice cream.

There is a joke style where someone will post a thing (image, quote block, newspaper article, whatever) that has "a bunch" of different comment-worthy things about it. The post is accompanied with "tag yourself, I'm X" where X is the thing the OP finds most noteworthy out of (many).

Usually, people will then reply with "I'm Y" or "I'm Z" or riff accordingly.

That didn't happen, for a while. So then later (maybe after waking up from a nap or something), I tried again with:

CubicalSucrose posted:

Lot of people posting, not a lot of people tagging themselves. I am led to believe that they are afraid of BHs.

This is a play on the theme of what I typically seem employed in mafia games as "Lot of people saying they'd vote X, not a lot of people voting X."

It's a little awkward because actually not that many people (at the time) had been posting.

The last line references BHs or "Bounty Hunters" which are role types in mafia where instead of (or in addition to) a standard town or scum win condition, there is a particular player (often only referred to by flavor) that they need to (something).

In this game, and in that OP picture, everything is a type of vanilla. So I was making a joke that people were afraid of "tagging themselves" because it would divulge their flavor and make them more susceptible to being eliminated by bounty hunter characters.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Somberbrero posted:

Again this feels implausibly earnest but I can't figure out what you think is going to change with binus. If you were anyone else I'd say that's fake, but can you explain to me why binus' reads post-flip are valuable? Like what are you hoping to see specifically?

You're not the first person to describe my style as earnest, lol. Either in Mafia or in other walks of life.

Binus is justifiably or not famed for his gut/tone reads when he's town, so in the absence of a scum read on him I just want to give him a chance to get going. (I also saw him get D1 lunched/NK'd a bunch of games in a row which led to him taking a long Maf break, so that probably factors in)

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
##unvote

Deadline is 2am my time, I'll drop a final vote before I sleep.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Well I was hoping we’d have narrowed down our options a bit by now. Going to sleep so won’t be around for deadline, keeping my vote where it is

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I'd rather not vote for salad, because I read their engagement with me as towny. TPC is still my firm preference.

I'm torn about yeeting YPM. One one hand we get little information, on the other I'm getting sick of the meta of a few people every game just eating a lurker warning on d1 because day 1 sucks.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I feel so sure the salad vote is not it.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

saladscooper posted:

tbf i think that's the substance of binus's case too

And it’s right

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Everytime you don’t vote salad you should be asking yourself, why am I not voting salad?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

fool of sound posted:

I'd rather not vote for salad, because I read their engagement with me as towny. TPC is still my firm preference.

I'm torn about yeeting YPM. One one hand we get little information, on the other I'm getting sick of the meta of a few people every game just eating a lurker warning on d1 because day 1 sucks.

Get off my back or I’ll be sad I just got off the plane

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I would also murder cube

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Your Personal Muse posted:

Everytime you don’t vote salad you should be asking yourself, why am I not voting salad?

I asked myself and it was "because they were having a birthday" which is no longer true and they posted a bunch and it was fine I guess.

I will vote salad.

##vote Salad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Your Personal Muse posted:

Get off my back or I’ll be sad I just got off the plane

i didn't know hal was in this game