Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

RestingB1tchFace posted:

There's tremendous value with the 360/PS3 area. Since resolution hit 720/1080p.....I think a lot of games are going to be much easier for the typical person to pick up and start playing.....even though the graphics might not be up to snuff with current systems. I have probably around 20 or more PS3 games that I never played.....but picked up for dirt cheap at gamestop over the years. Eventually I'll try them out.

It’s hard to hold a candle to the value of older systems but my PS3 got years of legit love and adoration. The Uncharted and COD games were so god drat good for the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rolo posted:

Anbernic is making an SP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9z4pP3QtBs

The embedded video won’t work but you can figure it out!

lmao

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Rolo posted:

No sticks, sleep on close, strong hinge?

Sold on an Anbernic RG35XX SP Flip.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:13 on May 6, 2024

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah looks awesome!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

That clamshell has some chonk on its lower half.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

njsykora posted:

That clamshell has some chonk on its lower half.

I can deal with chonk way more than unnecessary sticks.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Anbernic 👑

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I used up my unnecessary retro handheld quota for 2024 but I still want one.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

stephenthinkpad posted:

unnecessary retro handheld quota

I keep trying to translate this but it always comes out gibberish.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Third Party Retro Consoles: used up my unnecessary retro handheld quota for '24

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Commander Keene posted:

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Rolo posted:

hell yeah. grabbing whichever of these releases first between the miyoo and the anbernic unless we get some kind of important difference in specs other than sticks/no sticks.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Looks like it's the same thickness as an og SP, the screen half is just thinner

I'm still waiting on the miyoo. I like the sticks

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

flavor.flv posted:

You sicko

That's okay, we can like different setups on all of our different unnecessary handhelds

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

flavor.flv posted:

The Anbernic one probably has a faster cpu like the 28xx.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I spent way too much time figuring out how to get Streets of Rage Remake to run on Onion OS on my Miyoo Mini (most of this time was spent trying to figure out how to create a new save file in the Onion OS port of the game that's floating around that comes with everything unlocked) and now my hands hurt from playing a tiny beat 'em up. Is the Mini + significantly more comfortable and/or worth buying at this point? I'm guessing a future Onion port to the a30 is theoretically possible but that looks pretty tiny too.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Honestly, I didn't find it much better. You could try getting a grip off of amazon/etsy/ebay/whatever for it as that does tend to help. For a gripless device, I find the RGB30 much more comfortable to use for extended periods of time (I haven't had the charging issues others have mentioned).

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
I've successfully run SoR Remake on my RGB30, but I haven't worked out how to make it display the proper aspect ratio. Everything is stretched to 1:1 :psypop:

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

beer gas canister posted:

I've successfully run SoR Remake on my RGB30, but I haven't worked out how to make it display the proper aspect ratio. Everything is stretched to 1:1 :psypop:

There's a file that in defiance of god is in the "mods" folder in the game files called system.txt that has some options for display settings, you could try changing it to "auto" or "desktop" and see what it spits out. In my experience though it will probably do something hosed up instead of what you want it to do.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Explosionface posted:

You sicko

That's okay, we can like different setups on all of our different unnecessary handhelds

Sticko.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Installing the custom FW on the Vita was way too easy. I can see why people love their Vita's now.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Installing the custom FW on the Vita was way too easy. I can see why people love their Vita's now.

Adrenaline in my soul

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

We all know you’re gonna buy it.

Honestly if the hinges are good and there’s decent sleep/wake I will too. My 2DSXL rules so hard for that alone, adding the capability to my entire retro library would be so good.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Commander Keene posted:

Admins really sleeping on this quality thread title

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Vita means life.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

My Polymega came home repaired today!
I’ve successfully installed like 30 games on it; a mix of ps1, Sega cd, tgcd, and saturn. No issues, halts, freeze ups etc. so I think all of the issues I had with it were janky firmware.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Hadlock posted:

Admins really sleeping on this quality thread title
Supposedly you can report the post and put "thread title" in the reason for the report to request a title change.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
4 different SP colors

(I really dislike Anbernic use the 35XX on all their low end devices, should be RG354SP, anyway I will just call it Anbernic SP)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Commander Keene posted:

Supposedly you can report the post and put "thread title" in the reason for the report to request a title change.

This, mods are generally happy to do it, you just have to ask them since they generally don't read every single thread.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

stephenthinkpad posted:

4 different SP colors

(I really dislike Anbernic use the 35XX on all their low end devices, should be RG354SP, anyway I will just call it Anbernic SP)

This big TLDR on this is that it plays up to PS1, maybe some PSP/DC, 5ghz wifi, multiple Bluetooth connections and HDMI out.

Hope this guy has small hands and the thing isn’t as big as it looks.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
None of the colors in the second video have the hideous logo on the top which would be a real plus for me.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I already have enough handhelds, but this has been the holy grail for a while, so just imagine me doing the futurama Fry "shut up and take my money" meme.
I'm also hoping the silver one doesn't scratch or peel paint easily.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Hell yeah, confirmation that it would have Wi-Fi is really all that I was waiting on (because I like retro achievements to encourage me to stick with a game instead of just dabbling for half an hour with everything).

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I am holding out for a burnt orange version, or somebody offers an aftermarket case for it. Or somebody figure out how to fit this in a SP shell.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

otter posted:

My Polymega came home repaired today!
I’ve successfully installed like 30 games on it; a mix of ps1, Sega cd, tgcd, and saturn. No issues, halts, freeze ups etc. so I think all of the issues I had with it were janky firmware.

Oh my god you still love the car/console?

Looking forward to updates.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

stephenthinkpad posted:

4 different SP colors

I’m buying one

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If the hinge is decent count me in

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Alright so consider me a complete idiot: I know people say not to use the SD cards that just come with these things, and I'm definitely grabbing the SP-alike, so to get ready what SD card should I grab?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Nikumatic posted:

Alright so consider me a complete idiot: I know people say not to use the SD cards that just come with these things, and I'm definitely grabbing the SP-alike, so to get ready what SD card should I grab?

Grab one from Amazon with a reputable name; Samsung or like a Sandisk. I grabbed a Samsung EVO Select from Amazon and haven't had any issues, currently on sale too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Rolo posted:

We all know you’re gonna buy it.

MarcusSA posted:

I’m buying one

We got him!