Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

lol this dude is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Robert F Kennedy Jr says health issue caused by dead worm in his brain
Third-party US presidential candidate says 2010 issue ‘caused by a worm that got into my brain and ate a portion of it and then died’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U6iATkArNw

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

watched streets of fire and feel like it would've been better if the lead was just a little less dumb; he isn't nearly charismatic enough to get away with sounding like he's reading off cue cards. however i am surprised i've never heard nowhere fast before because its such a good song

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Whirling posted:

watched streets of fire and feel like it would've been better if the lead was just a little less dumb; he isn't nearly charismatic enough to get away with sounding like he's reading off cue cards. however i am surprised i've never heard nowhere fast before because its such a good song

that movie blew my loving mind. there must have been so much money and cocaine behind it. feels like one of those unchecked ideas that end up destroying entire studios.

also Rick Moranis getting title credit over Dafoe lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEOvn2IaLMM&t=6s

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Streets of Fire and the Warriors take place in the same cinematic universe.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

streets of fire and the warriors are live action western anime

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Whirling posted:

streets of fire and the warriors are live action western anime

then what is Sukiyaki Western Django

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

speaking of Dafoe my wife introduced me to To Live and Die in LA and the car chase was one of the best i've seen

like Friedkin's work in Sorceror its extra impressive knowing they couldn't fake it back then

the car barely maintaining control in that 2nd shot blew my mind

https://i.imgur.com/gY3eVO1.mp4

same lead from Manhunter so we ended up having a Friedkin/Mann double bill

Durf has issued a correction as of 21:21 on May 8, 2024

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Whirling posted:

Jim steinman was on fire during that time.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

pump culture

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

loquacius posted:

I think divorced people shouldn't be allowed to do any sort of cultural commentary at all tbh

too much bitterness in there

Agreed.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

loquacius posted:

I think divorced people shouldn't be allowed to do any sort of cultural commentary at all tbh

this would collapse the western AAA genre…..

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

James Cameron would also have to stop making movies with how many times he's been through it

which I am all for

he's more divorce than man, now

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

loquacius posted:

Silencing abused women, wow

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

james cameron should make avatar 3

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he should do a Mission Impossible set on Pandora and make Tom Cruise blue

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

He should make a good movie instead

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

drat horror queefs posted:

He should make a good movie instead

No chance unfortunately
he's wrapping up 3 now, has like a quarter of 4 filmed, and already has everyone signed on for 5 so that's probably the rest of his life to finish all that

and it may be slop but I guess at least he's giving character actors like David Thewlis, Stephen Lang, Edie Falco, and CCH Pounder steady paychecks

It's basically like Adam Sandler's movie scam to pay his friends except he's doing it with a blockbuster series
part of me admires that

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he did

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

No chance unfortunately
he's wrapping up 3 now, has like a quarter of 4 filmed, and already has everyone signed on for 5 so that's probably the rest of his life to finish all that

and it may be slop but I guess at least he's giving character actors like David Thewlis, Stephen Lang, Edie Falco, and CCH Pounder steady paychecks

It's basically like Adam Sandler's movie scam to pay his friends except he's doing it with a blockbuster series
part of me admires that

Adam Sandler's "movie scam" is consistently profitable for producers so is it really a scam?

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

thewlis isnt a character actor, what the hell

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Where everything changes when the Fire Nation attacks

Really

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Spergin Morlock posted:

Adam Sandler's "movie scam" is consistently profitable for producers so is it really a scam?

i guess it's a scam if you're expecting an entertaining movie

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

He's not Gary Oldman undergoing full prosthetic transformations or anything but what else do you call a guy who consistently shows up in the like 5 and down in billing order who's always giving a crazy good performance, be it chilling or eccentric or

and it's like the second sentence of his wiki bio so I think I'm gonna count it and say :flipoff: haters

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Where everything changes when the Fire Nation attacks

Really

fire Pandorans would own

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

thewlis contains multitudes

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

if he's ever given a bad performance in something, I haven't seen it
man seems 100% committed and you can't help but admire that craftsmanship

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

What you people got wrong is that it isn't about avoiding movies made by divorced people, it's about people embodying being divorced. You could never have gotten married or is actually still married and still direct divorced-ly. Exhibit 1: The Wickerman. A movie that ends with Nick Cage punching a series of women before being trapped and eaten by bees. Spoilers for the horrible movie The Wickerman.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

loquacius posted:

Nah Cronenberg gets to do what he wants

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

yea it's not out yet but he's already making it along with 3 and 5

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

MacheteZombie posted:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

MacheteZombie posted:

I think maybe the trick is you have to be weird as gently caress before hand
if you're weird at the start you come out the other side fine

if you're a straight shooter crowd pleaser like Spielberg/Lucas you end up with a "Temple of Doom" and I don't care how many people lie that it's their favorite one, it's basically unwatchable apart from the mine cart chase

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i think only divorced people should be allowed to make content

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i like the bitterness

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Divorced directors can do their thing, but their ex has to sign off on every decision and be credited as a producer.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I think maybe the trick is you have to be weird as gently caress before hand
if you're weird at the start you come out the other side fine

if you're a straight shooter crowd pleaser like Spielberg/Lucas you end up with a "Temple of Doom" and I don't care how many people lie that it's their favorite one, it's basically unwatchable apart from the mine cart chase

Mola Ram was the best Indiana Jones villain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Spergin Morlock posted:

Mola Ram was the best Indiana Jones villain

Hmm, no. Little nazi guy with his coat hanger was the best Indiana Jones villain

My favorite thing about Raiders is that its completely unnecessary for Jones to be in the movie. His actions have no real effect on the final outcome. Its great and I love it. More movies need superfluous heroes.