Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I hope Richardson figures out how to survive more than 4 games because he was at least exciting. Jury is still out on whether he’s Actually Good but Jesus Christ he scored 4 rushing TDs in 4 games and two of those he left early with injuries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Play posted:

That's all part of the experience! I don't even really care; if they suck that's funny and something to talk about, if they're great that's rad and something to talk about.

There's just so many of them. Williams, Daniels, Maye, McCarthy, Levis, Richardson... all either rookies or second year guys who haven't played that much but will likely be starting for their respective teams.

Six brand spanking new QBs to either tear up the league or fall flat on their stupid faces or something in between. Such fun.

Yeah im hype af. Hence the thread haha. Almost finished my 2nd year write ups and it'll be good to go.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Play posted:

i guess caitlin clark clapped back at cooper dejean for saying he could beat her in basketball 1 on 1 so im sure were about to be treated to the biggest man on woman sports event since riggs vs court

since who vs what?

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

since who vs what?

Rookie Eagles CB thinks he could beat the WNBA #1 overall draft pick in 1v1

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I think he was asking about the old rear end tennis beef that I also definitely didn’t have to google

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

since who vs what?

Cooper dejean was like the 3rd highest scoring basketball player in highschool in iowa records or something and during the draft someone asked him if he could beat Caitlin Clark in basketball and because he's one of the elite athletes on earth and played basketball in highschool he said yes

So people are being super weird about the obvious because online people need get upset about something.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

BlindSite posted:

Yeah im hype af. Hence the thread haha. Almost finished my 2nd year write ups and it'll be good to go.

Hell yeah, lookin forward to it

Docjowles posted:

I think he was asking about the old rear end tennis beef that I also definitely didn’t have to google

I actually had to Google it too because I thought it was borg vs mcenroe but then I realized that's just a movie that I watched like one third of

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Play posted:

i guess caitlin clark clapped back at cooper dejean for saying he could beat her in basketball 1 on 1 so im sure were about to be treated to the biggest man on woman sports event since riggs vs court

I've been thinking about how much I missed Riley cooper

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I thought you were going to reference Billy Jean King playing against Bobby Riggs.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Docjowles posted:

I hope Richardson figures out how to survive more than 4 games because he was at least exciting. Jury is still out on whether he’s Actually Good but Jesus Christ he scored 4 rushing TDs in 4 games and two of those he left early with injuries

Me too, OP.

It’d also be fun for the AFC S to have a powerful set of QBs so that they could enjoy the limelight :)

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

BlindSite posted:

Cooper dejean was like the 3rd highest scoring basketball player in highschool in iowa records or something and during the draft someone asked him if he could beat Caitlin Clark in basketball and because he's one of the elite athletes on earth and played basketball in highschool he said yes

So people are being super weird about the obvious because online people need get upset about something.

I don't think people actually care all that much, and it really seems like DeJean is the one that's been continuing it all in interviews.

Not everything has to be interpreted as people being mad about stuff.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

BlindSite posted:

lol you are literally mad that people are suggesting he couldn't beat her

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
This is why he fell to the second round.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I can beat both Caitlyn and Cooper at Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Soul Glo posted:

I can beat both Caitlyn and Cooper at Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

True champions still play Mario Kart 64

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fartknocker posted:

True champions still play Mario Kart 64

Gotta be the GOAT kart version although I feel like Double Dash is underrated cause it was stuck on Game Cube

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

real ones know mario kart DS is where it's at

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

we used to invite the pizza delivery guy in for weed, a brew or shot, and a quick game of mario kart 64 just because

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
True patriots give sexual favors to delivery people straight out of the penthouse forums

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

lol you are literally mad that people are suggesting he couldn't beat her

There’s only one way to settle this

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Docjowles posted:

Gotta be the GOAT kart version although I feel like Double Dash is underrated cause it was stuck on Game Cube

Double Dash is the best Mario Kart and the Game Cube is amazing actually

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Someone's enjoying retirement

https://twitter.com/JasonKelce/status/1788605451648577682

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Nodoze posted:

Yeah

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Nodoze posted:

yeah I meant that nobody had Game Cubes compared to the success of other Nintendo consoles. It's like the lowest selling Nintendo system ever going back to Virtual Boy. Even though it had a lot of sick games like Double Dash and Metroid Prime and Windwaker. PS 2 and Xbox dominated that era

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I much prefer the Switch. Game Cube just didn't have enough games to play and as a PC Gamer I thought the XBox was a better home defense weapon for my trebuchet to launch

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Black Sunshine posted:

True patriots give sexual favors to delivery people straight out of the penthouse forums

I asked him if he had a sausage pizza for me and he looked at me funny and said "Yeah, that's what you ordered."

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1788382866591588684

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Ornery and Hornery posted:

There’s only one way to settle this

Yeah they gotta play each other in Mario Kart.

BUT WHICH ONE?!?

e: actually they should play NBA Jam

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

the only thing i really know about this guy is he has a funny way of getting up off the ground

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

On the flip side the fact that no arrest has been made, no video released on the Rice assault thing seems positive for him.

https://twitter.com/DrewDavenportFF/status/1788298468982698493

full disclosure I have no idea if this guy knows anything at all

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Pron on VHS posted:

the only thing i really know about this guy is he has a funny way of getting up off the ground

Jones is... ok? If you need a guy to be like your WR3 you could do worse. Seems like he never really lived up to his potential. He can do outside receiver things which seems like something KC could use.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This is a whirlwind to follow, sorry if nobody else is interested

https://twitter.com/kellixsmith/status/1788627822824579146

edit:

quote:

An offense report obtained by The Dallas Morning News on Thursday reveals new details about what led up to allegations of an assault in which police suspect Kansas City Chiefs’ Rashee Rice.

The report, obtained by The News through a public records request, said a “suspect” assaulted a photographer after luring him back to a downtown Dallas nightclub under the premise he was being hired to take pictures.

Officers were dispatched for reports of an assault about 2:30 a.m. Monday to the Lit Lounge & Feu Nightclub in the 600 block of North Harwood Street, near Federal Street.
Related:Kansas City Chiefs’ Rashee Rice suspected in downtown Dallas assault, police say

The photographer was at an after hours party about 1:30 a.m. at the nightclub, but he left after a short period, the report said. About 1:55 a.m., the “suspect” messaged the photographer on Instagram and asked him to return to the nightclub, the report said.

Law enforcement officials have told The News that Rice, a former Richland High School and SMU star, is the alleged suspect. In the offense report, police redacted the suspect’s name, but a description outlined in the document matches Rice, including his age, height and weight.

Rice’s attorney, state Sen. Royce West, D-Dallas, has previously declined to comment.

On social media, doubt has been cast on the narrative in the hours since the allegation first surfaced Tuesday. Two civilians with knowledge of the incident told The News a verbal altercation occurred at the club, but there was no physical contact.

The photographer did not immediately respond to requests for comment Thursday or earlier in the week.

According to the police report, the photographer believed the suspect wanted to hire him to take pictures. When he returned, he was “made aware of where the suspect was at by other members of the suspect’s entourage,” the report said.

The photographer found the suspect, who told him to look at Instagram messages on his phone, according to the report. The report does not detail what the messages said.

As the photographer looked down at the suspect’s phone, the suspect punched him on the left side of his face, the report said.

The photographer went to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries, a police spokesperson said. The law-enforcement officials told The News the man had visible swelling on one side of his face.

Rice is also suspected of being one of two drivers who triggered a multivehicle crash that injured at least seven people on March 30 in Dallas.

According to an arrest-warrant affidavit, Rice was driving 119 mph and SMU football player Theodore “Teddy” Knox was driving 116 mph seconds before the incident in the 6600 block of North Central Expressway, between Lovers Lane and University Boulevard.

Rice and four other men were seen on video leaving the scene after the crash. Police have said the men didn’t stop to see if anyone needed medical attention or provide any of their information.

Rice and Knox each face one count of aggravated assault, one count of collision involving serious bodily injury and six counts of collision involving injury. Both men turned themselves in to authorities less than two weeks after the crash and posted bond shortly after.

wtf

kiimo fucked around with this message at 19:54 on May 9, 2024

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Sure sounds like Rice sucks rear end

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Sounds like a perfect replacement for Tyreek Hill.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

That's really bizarre.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

who amongst us haven't lured a photographer to a club under false pretenses and then punched them for something they said on instagram?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Andy Reid is the Phillip Fulmer of the NFL.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Did he coach Rice to punch that guy?

T-Square
May 14, 2009

kiimo posted:

On the flip side the fact that no arrest has been made, no video released on the Rice assault thing seems positive for him.

Lol isn’t this exactly what you said about Rice and the car incident too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
why even have an entourage if you're going to be punching instagram photographers yourself