Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Morrowind: Rebirth will be on the Switch 2 at launch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I'll buy it at a high price

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

TheMightyBoops posted:

I don’t care how powerful it is; I just hope it stays reasonably cheap so I’m not priced out of all sorta current video games.

It'll be four hundred forty-nine United States Dollars, and they'll keep selling the Switch Lite for another six months toa year, until the $289.99 Switch Lite 2 arrives.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I'm hoping for an OLED screen option, it'll be hard to go back

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's called the switch 2, because you would have to have an IQ of 2 to pay for this freaking pile!!!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It's called the switch 2, because you take one look and say, "I'm gonna switch to something else."

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

it's called switch 2 because you play it you want to switch 2 a better console

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Twerk from Home posted:

The OLED Switch 1 is $349, a whole new system is going to be $399 at least.

The OLED screen doesn't even add that much cost, the PS Vita had an OLED screen at $199 in 2013 (after its price cut).

ya gotta source them first is the question, from what I understand Nintendo will order from a mfw that is already making what they want for someone else. I can be wrong as hell though.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i hope nintendo does something similar to sony with screenshots and videos where they get uploaded to the app, for the next switch

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Whatever they do with the Super Switch, half their decisions will be baffling and contrived and we will pay for the pleasure.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They should call it The Nintendo switch to

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Switch uWu

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

this

it'll be confusing and cute

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

The Nintendo Swatch. It's a Nintendo Watch and you play games.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
It's called Switch 2 because when you see it you'll turn 2 degrees and walk just slightly to the right.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Nintendo called and they’re actually doing the Gameboy 3.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
gently caress yeah

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

TheMightyBoops posted:

Nintendo called and they’re actually doing the Gameboy 3.

Gameboy > Gameboy Pocket > Gameboy Color > Gameboy Advance > Gameboy Advance SP > Gameboy Advance SP+ > Gameboy (Advance) Micro

I think you mean the Gameboy 8, at the very least.

10, if you count the Super Gameboy and Gameboy Player.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Mister Facetious posted:

Gameboy > Gameboy Pocket > Gameboy Color > Gameboy Advance > Gameboy SP > Gameboy SP+ > Gameboy Micro

I think you mean the Gameboy 8, at the very least.

Gameboy pocket is X2
Color is X3 Gameboy Returns
Advance is 2
SP is Gameboy: Crisis Core
Gameboy Sp is Gameboy 2:Remake
Sp + is whatever the remake sequel was called
And micro is Gameboy:Dirge of Cerberus

Correction: Color is just Gameboy: Gameboy Returns

TheMightyBoops fucked around with this message at 05:15 on May 9, 2024

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Been trying to find it, but there was an image showing all of the recently rumored remakes that could be shown in the upcoming direct or any other after. I remember TP and WW were listed on it as well as Kirby Canvas Curse and some others. The remakes were theorized to being the games down the pipeline to sate things until the bigger releases.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

They should remake Yoshi's Epic Yarn, and do another run of the giant amiibo plush.

Honestly; every game where Nintendo/HAL try to simulate the look of actual cloth/yarn/cardboard/etc., But in high res.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
is the new switch going to do 8K ULTRA HDR and 400 fps

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
New switch will do MK ULTRA

Mario Kart Ultra that is

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Celexi posted:

yes

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The switch 2 will have a screen that can slide out under the main screen and they will port all the DS and Wii U games.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Mister Facetious posted:

They should remake Yoshi's Epic Yarn, and do another run of the giant amiibo plush.

Honestly; every game where Nintendo/HAL try to simulate the look of actual cloth/yarn/cardboard/etc., But in high res.

My God YES!!!

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i want a new kirby like kirby 64, give me more power combos

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
just bring back the cool little card-like icons that show you what power you have

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Mister Facetious posted:

I just recently got the giant Yoshi amiibo and I love it. I felt like $120 in box was too good of a deal to pass up. My 2nd most expensive one.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Celexi posted:

Yeah but you have to stack a bunch of them together to do that.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Nintendo doesn't actually call it the Switch 2... :wtf:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
All I want is something strong enough to run age of calamity at a locked 60 and that square and Capcom can easy put like ff7 rebirth and re4r into even if it has obvious setbacks compared to PS5 (say it runs 1080p30fps)

And for VN titles to look pretty in portable mode

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I want games to look the same and wouldn’t mind if they ran the same too

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like the simplistic graphical style of most Nintendo games, I just want that but running stable, no pop in and able to have more objects or characters on screen and loading faster

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Regular Wario posted:

New switch will do MK ULTRA

Mario Kart Ultra that is

It's-a me, Jolly Westio

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

We got new leaks today! These supposedly come from analyzing shipping between Nintendo and Nvidia. Or they could be utter and total bullshit! You decide!

https://www.androidauthority.com/nintendo-switch-2-leaks-specs-launch-timeline-backwards-compatibility-3441297/

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 13:59 on May 9, 2024

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It could! Also, it could not!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I fully buy into Nintendo doing 256 of the good storage

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I like the simplistic graphical style of most Nintendo games, I just want that but running stable, no pop in and able to have more objects or characters on screen and loading faster

Yeah, I want the scale and art styles to stay the same, just crisper visuals (not even 4K) and running smooth-rear end 60fps even for some third party games. Mario Odyssey plays like a dream, Kirby And The Forgotten Land is so loving good if only it ran that well also.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Forgot to include this in my post:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The leak on the RAM and storage comes from reading public shipping information on various sites that track such things. Normally people don't really bother overmuch because those are just codes without much more info, but if you can figure out the codes, they're much more legible. So allegedly they've been rooting around in Nintendo, Nvidia, and manufacturers in Vietnam tied to Nintendo to see what's been shipped around, and they found details on something that didn't match the Switch's known shipment codes. The RAM and storage match some other known codes.