Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
What? Like you'd order a can of cold anchovies to be delivered next to the pizza? Why don't you just keep anchovies at home and add them on your own? The owner is absolutely right in not supporting this psychotic behavior

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I'm gonna assume that's a c/p from some random insane rear end in a top hat on yelp and not goonsay but it's hard to tell sometimes

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Desert Bus posted:

At my favorite pizza place the owner decided that anchovies could no longer be offered as a side, even though they're perfectly safe. I double checked to make sure they were still the same perfectly safe anchovies and not like raw uncured ones. Yep the same.

I just ordered my normal pizza and then got a 6" pizza with no sauce, no cheese, and double anchovy on it. Costs a lot more and I bet they gently caress it up. Gonna loving smell up their whole restaurant and the delivery driver's car.

So they got 1 star Google and Yelp reviews where I called out the owner by name for being a dumbass. Unsurprisingly they've been getting a lot of other negative reviews lately too.

Source your quotes? (sauce?)

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
It came from reddit. Way too much onion(?)

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Looks like pork and sauerkraut, would.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

One step closer to my lifelong dream of a Reuben pizza

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Captain Hygiene posted:

Maybe I'm spoiled for choice, because that's an option at a few places in my area. The pubstaurant about a mile from my house makes one.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
I would generally not think my "favorite" place is terrible and dumb and try to hurt their business

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Maybe I'm spoiled for choice, because that's an option at a few places in my area. The pubstaurant about a mile from my house makes one.

I've seen it at a few places folks have posted about, but not anywhere I've been in person. I'd just make it myself if I had the skills and setup to make anything more than the most mediocre homemade pizzas.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Since there’s a blob of bearnaise sauce on the plate, I suspect that it’s Swedish, and the ’onion’ is Swedish pizza salad.

Every pizzeria here serves a side salad made from finely shredded cabbage dressed with olive oil, vinegar and usually black pepper and tarragon or oregano.

mystes
May 31, 2006

axolotl farmer posted:

Since there’s a blob of bearnaise sauce on the plate, I suspect that it’s Swedish, and the ’onion’ is Swedish pizza salad.

Every pizzeria here serves a side salad made from finely shredded cabbage dressed with olive oil, vinegar and usually black pepper and tarragon or oregano.
Do women prefer bearnaise or mayonnaise?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

mystes posted:

Do women prefer bearnaise or mayonnaise?

Yes

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Captain Hygiene posted:

The theaterpub I worked at had a Reuben calzone, it was amazing.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Ugh. How are any of the toppings supposed to cook on that??

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

DreadUnknown posted:

The theaterpub I worked at had a Reuben calzone, it was amazing.

That sounds like it might be even better than a reuben pizza. There's only one thing to do, try both out as an official taste test think longingly about which one might be better, because :effort:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
local place here has a seasonal reuben pizza and :iia:

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
A discussion came up at work and I want goonpinions: toppings under the cheese? Yay or nay?
I can see it for some, but I like my toppings crispy for the most part.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Yes, if that topping is another kind of cheese

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

its all nice on rice posted:

A discussion came up at work and I want goonpinions: toppings under the cheese? Yay or nay?

It's nice for a pie with a lot of toppings but for something simple cheese on bottom

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

Yes, if that topping is another kind of cheese

:hmmyes:

It's probably fine for some things, but I can't think of any I've had that wouldn't be better on top.

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_sd3zz1IDOQ1s1ddrj_720.mp4

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Absolutely. A lot of places here put down cheese, then toppings, and then cheese on top.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

They are called toppings not bottomings.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

mds2 posted:

Yeah me too but I still like a light little sprinkle of cheese over the toppings.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

mds2 posted:

So are you and your boyfriend!

:boom:

Hahah! Gotcha!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Absolutely. A lot of places here put down cheese, then toppings, and then cheese on top.

I dunno...sounds pretty middling to me

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

There's definitely some veg that can acquire a little too much char for my tastes when it's sitting on top of the cheese.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Literally A Person posted:

Yeah me too but I still like a light little sprinkle of cheese over the toppings.

Light bit of cheese on top is good. Not too much though, as you want the toppings to still get crispy.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

i see 3 little tables

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Hot dog pizza?

Would.

And I have before.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
They're called toppings because they go on TOP

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the basic problem is the metaphysically extensive nature of all physical matter. that is, we are cursed by the cartesian extension of the cheese, or the fact that it has to take up space. therefore, we need cheese that can occupy already occupied space, in an act which the scholasticists called compenetration. compenetrative cheese, if you will. i think catupiry is just an attempt at compenetration in this case

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
You need a little cheese over or around the toppings to stitch them down to the pizza and keep them fastened while they are cooked with the base. Otherwise you end up with burnt bits that just fall off.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

bob dobbs is dead posted:

the basic problem is the metaphysically extensive nature of all physical matter. that is, we are cursed by the cartesian extension of the cheese, or the fact that it has to take up space. therefore, we need cheese that can occupy already occupied space, in an act which the scholasticists called compenetration. compenetrative cheese, if you will. i think catupiry is just an attempt at compenetration in this case

The
Outside of the
Pizza is
Provably
Inside
Natural
Geometric
Space

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Pizza Hut is currently running a deal where you get any large with up to 12 toppings for $12 even though once you go up to like 4 toppings they will fail to cook it right. I really want to buy something absurd but their crust is not good for my digestive system.

If you own an oven and can finish the cook post-delievery it's maybe not a bad deal?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Yeah, I can see that not working out well on the restaurant end. I don't even know what I'd do with the option anyway - I usually just get extra cheese and a couple toppings on my own, and the fanciest specialty ones I can think of are maybe six toppings.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
can 10 null toppings count as toppings?

Bony-Eared Assfish
Oct 4, 2018

Captain Hygiene posted:

That sounds like it might be even better than a reuben pizza. There's only one thing to do, try both out as an official taste test think longingly about which one might be better, because :effort:

Three. You also need a Pizza fritta version. For fairness and also because it's better. It's a deepfried calzone, it will have a measurable effect on your life expectancy but you won't mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
None pizza 12 beef